budget hotel in nashville

gasman61

Mouseketeer
Thinking of an overnighter in Nashville in mid-June to see Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Does anyone have a hotel recommendation for our group of 3 teenagers and me? It would be a quick trip.. just spending the one night in town.

Thanks,

Karen

I don't have a specific hotel recommendation but a warning. Nashvile was hit by major flooding 3 weeks ago. Most if not all of downtown was under feet of water. I would check directly with any hotel that is suggested and find out what if any damage they have experienced. I would also check the venue for the show. We live about 2 hours away and often go shopping at Opry Mills on the weekend just to get away. All of their stores are currently gutted and will not be open again until "maybe Christmas".

Hope you find something, it really is a great area to stop in and visit.

I concur with the previous poster. The words budget and Nashville hotel will probably not exist for awhile, as 12% of the total occupancy in the city was ruined by water, and the remaining rooms are full of contractors making the repairs. I would look in the suburbs and try Hotwire and hope for the best.

Is Nashville navigable? My sister thought she was going to drive through on her vacation and I wasn't sure that was possible.

Is Nashville navigable? My sister thought she was going to drive through on her vacation and I wasn't sure that was possible.

All major roads are open. No problem there.

The Mayor keeps encouraging people to come stay because tourism is a big part of their economy, but I agree that hotels are probably hard to find right now. We're 200 miles away and they were looking to hire 2000 people from here to help with the cleanup.

Sheila

TPAC was not affected.... the show is still going to go on...

I would try the Sheraton (not sure of the spelling) .. I know it will probably be hard to get a room... you might try other cities.. like Hendersonville.. they have a Holiday Inn and a few other hotels.. or Franklin.. If Nashville is booked.. I would try Hendersonville or Franklin...

Franklin and Hendersonville are a bit far from TPAC. I would stay either on West End (there is a Hampton Inn and Suites there) or out by the airport (Super 8, Springhill Suites, Fairfield Inn) for a budget room. There are plenty of hotels downtown but they are going to be a bit pricier. My fave is the Hilton Nashville which is all suites - 2 rooms. Not necessarily budget but a very nice place to stay and only steps from the attractions downtown.

My division's main office is on the corner of Church and 4th and I go a few time a month, sometimes stay overnight. As far as current travel conditions, look at TDOT online and some of the Nashville papers online. Last week there was a section of I-24 that was closed due to the road damage from the flood. They are working hard to get things reparied and functioning again, but some places like Opry Mills Mall and the Opryland Hotel will take some time due to the extensive damage and I'm betting all of the road damage from them being undermined has not surfaced yet.

As far as budget hotels- depends on what you call budget. You may be able to get a decent rate at the Homewood Suites by Hilton on Church Street, that's where I generally stay if I overnight for work. They have a really nice breakfast with a hot item, breakfast buritto and eggs and bacon are examples, plus the standard continental fare including a waffle maker and if you are there during the week they also have a dinner included with the room rate. That should save you money on food. Holiday Inn Express generally my second choice. It is on Broadway and has an expanded hot continental breakfast. The Renissance is really close to TPAC, pretty pricey but some packages include a couple of free breakfast buffets, my hubby and son said it was great. I missed it because I had to go into work. Also most all hotels downtown also charge for parking.

Any hotel you call, and I recommend calling any hotel directly to check on rates as well as online because they may have a unpublished special, be sure to tell them you would like to stay in the city to help the local economy after the flood, but you have a limited budget. You never know what rate you might get.

Good luck and have fun!!

I'm also looking for a budget hotel in Nashville, but for another weekend.

Last month, before the flood, DH and I bought tickets to the Reba McIntire/George Strait concert in Nashville on Sept 11. We'll spend at least Saturday night in Nashville, and possibly Friday night as well. Our problem...both the NCAA Vandebilt Commadores and the NFL Tennessee Titans are playing in Nashville that weekend. So I'm afraid there will be a lot of football fans coming in from out of town for those games.

Should we make lodging reservations early?

:sad2::sad2:
Ok... I live here....8 minutes from downtown. The hotels around the TPAC area are just fine. However, they are not "budget". However, if you check the airport area (again, about 5 miles away), you will find a TON of wonderful chain hotels.

Check them out.

NASHVILLE IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I am going to see Beauty & The Beast too! I am so excited! I think the suggestions of staying near the airport are great - lots of cheap hotels there & it is easy access to get down to TPAC.

I live in Nashville & the roads & interstates are all open now, so you should have no trouble getting here & getting around!

We stayed at the Nashville Airport Marriott last September and thought it was a GREAT hotel! Its pretty close to areas devastated but it sits up on a hill and I'm pretty sure it wasn't affected by the flooding.

When you think of Marriott, you don't usually think "budget". But if you look on their website, they have a $69/night rate special. This is what we reserved for 2 nights. We thought that was a fantastic rate for this hotel.
Go here:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-deals/bnatn-nashville-airport-marriott/

Scroll down to Spend Less And Play More and there's the $69/night rate.

We stayed in Nashville over Spring Break at the Millenium Maxwell House hotel. I think it was around $69/night. We stayed here because, it had a free shuttle which went to the downtown area. Rooms were basic (no fridge or microwave) but clean. Overall, we liked it.

I like the Baymont in the Bellevue area.

We got it for about $42 a night. It had a fridge and microwave in the room, and a free breakfast.

I'm also looking for a budget hotel in Nashville, but for another weekend.

Last month, before the flood, DH and I bought tickets to the Reba McIntire/George Strait concert in Nashville on Sept 11. We'll spend at least Saturday night in Nashville, and possibly Friday night as well. Our problem...both the NCAA Vandebilt Commadores and the NFL Tennessee Titans are playing in Nashville that weekend. So I'm afraid there will be a lot of football fans coming in from out of town for those games.

Should we make lodging reservations early?

We'll be in Nashville that weekend also, but not for any of the mentioned events. Just to hang out. We've booked our hotel already, by the airport. We went cheap, because it was one hotel we could find with 2 bedrooms and a main room and we probably won't spend a lot of time there anyhow. Hopefully it will be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter