Budget friendly places to eat in near Times Square

I live an hour outside of Manhattan and I never knew there was an Earl of Sandwich! I'm going there next time I'm in midtown! I also recommend Becco, very good food , John's pizza and shake shack for great shakes. There's also a pretty good restaurant in Bryant Park, Celsius, it has outdoor tables with heaters at every table and you can sit and watch the skaters. It's a fun NYC experience. I agree about not going to chains (esp TGI Fridays) the food is BAD and overpriced. BUT I do have to say that we like Bubba Gump in TS. The view is great and the staff is fun and we've found the food consistantly good. If you're only there for a few meals, try the local places but if you frequent the city I wouldn't hesitate to eat at Bubba Gump.

I live an hour outside of Manhattan and I never knew there was an Earl of Sandwich! I'm going there next time I'm in midtown! .
Its been there for a few years. They did have trouble with the cannonballs (DH ordered it and the meatballs were COLD) and it may be off the menu now (cant remember). The place i get my facial is near it so I get a facial and then a sandwich. I get the holiday sandwich usually :) Sometimes they are closed on sundays.

Earl of Sandwich
1290 6th Avenue

1290 6th Avenue
New York, NY 10104
(212) 247-9246
(212) 247-9261
Hours of Operation
Monday
7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sunday
Closed

I live an hour outside of Manhattan and I never knew there was an Earl of Sandwich! I'm going there next time I'm in midtown! I also recommend Becco, very good food , John's pizza and shake shack for great shakes. There's also a pretty good restaurant in Bryant Park, Celsius, it has outdoor tables with heaters at every table and you can sit and watch the skaters. It's a fun NYC experience. I agree about not going to chains (esp TGI Fridays) the food is BAD and overpriced. BUT I do have to say that we like Bubba Gump in TS. The view is great and the staff is fun and we've found the food consistantly good. If you're only there for a few meals, try the local places but if you frequent the city I wouldn't hesitate to eat at Bubba Gump.
We ate at bubba gump in TS and enjoyed it. I liked the view too! I can't wait to go back to NYC next year. Had a fantastic time on our trip.

Sushi - Kodama (45th and 8th)
Mexican - Toloache (50th and 8th)
Burgers - Bareburger (46th bet 9th and 10th)
Pizza - John's Pizza (44th and 8th)

I also vote for John's Pizza. If you feel like burgers try Shake Shack. Don't let the long lines scare you - it goes really fast. Have fun!

Try O'Donoghue's restaurant and pub near Times square. Good pub food. We had fish and chips, hamburger plate with fries and kids had chicken nuggets.
Nice atmosphere.

8th between 42&43 IS A .99 PIZZA place that, to me, for the cost and taste is some of the best pizza in NY!! We eaten at Johns and for the price to me is the atmosphere. Anyway. It's where we eat a lot for the taste and cost. It's off the main street behind a Flower shop. It's more standing room only and it's opened 24. It's on Yelp and we found out by asking a local. After you save money by eating the 99 cent pizza ( we get 2 cheese slices and a drink for $2.50. My daughter eats a slice and I eat a slice, share the drink. Then we go up a couple blocks to the Cake Boss and get "lobster tails"..(if you've never had one, try one!!!

"Trattoria tre colori- think its on 47th between 7th and 8th ave

We ate there few months back- it was good. I really like Tony Di Napoli much better than Carmines- and its pretty cheap. Three of us ordered one entrée (its family style) and the entrée was 24.00 plus whatever we paid for soda- basically it was like 10.00 per person!

Shake shack is my favorite burger In the world, everything there is very good!
Johns is a great one, nice atmosphere but loud.
Angus mcindoe
Haru sushi
Joe Allen
Luke's lobster
Two boots pizza
Cafe Edison check to see if open
Ivan ramen

Sorry to report, Earl fans, but the DOH rating for the 52nd St. location was recently downgraded to a "C" - blech!! It stinks because it's on the same block as my office and I always loved going there when I was "homesick" for Disney. But knowing what a "C" rating entails, not worth the health risk!

Sorry to report, Earl fans, but the DOH rating for the 52nd St. location was recently downgraded to a "C" - blech!! It stinks because it's on the same block as my office and I always loved going there when I was "homesick" for Disney. But knowing what a "C" rating entails, not worth the health risk!

Wow that is not good ... I don't blame you for not going there now.

Hopefully they will clean up their act ... literally.

Hill county BBQ

Stanton social. Small plates type of place. It's in SoHo (I think, it's on Stanton street) but its delicious and not your average restaurant

Hill county BBQ

Stanton social. Small plates type of place. It's in SoHo (I think, it's on Stanton street) but its delicious and not your average restaurant

Actually its in the Lower east side.

I have eaten there several times, my brother lives over on Ludlow Street.

Oh ok, we live so close to the city but I still couldn't tell you uptown from downtown. lol.

I totally get it. I have been to Manhattan 5 times in the last 2 and a half years and I am still learning my way around. I spend a lot of time studying the MTA maps too.

I TOTALLY recommend BECCO also!
Owner Lydia has a cooking show on Create(PBS)

http://becco-nyc.com/menus/

The unlimiter=d pasta was AMAZING!!!
$18.95 lunh
$22.95 Dinner
get the Antipasto (it was VERY creative selections -or ceasar salad)-included in price

The 3 pastas we had were VERY creative-not just some boring spaghetti & meatballs, for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter