• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

budget friendly bridesmaid dress ideas?

Msraye89

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to pick dresses for my two bridesmaids. One being my MOH. Their body types and dress preferences are completely different! So hard to choose! The one thing that is the same is their budget. I'm hoping to find a dress under $50 if possible. Anyone have any ideas of where to look?

Under $50 is going to be really hard, I'd try David's bridal outlet online or maybe jcrew outlet online too? Maybe they can get different dresses in the same color?

Target makes bridesmaid dresses now! They're all online.

You may want to look at department stores too.

I would definitely let them choose from a range of dresses in the same or complimentary colors if they have different body types. :thumbsup2

I bought a convertible dress from target about 2 years ago (i'm not sure if they still have it), but it was like $30, and those dresses sell for ~$250. At a later time i bought the "real" one on gilt for a lot more, and I personally think the target one was better quality.

Definitely check target though. The material quality might be as good, but they have styles that would look nice on a lot of people.

Or you can check etsy if you were interested in those convertible dresses. There are a ton of sellers on there.

I agree--go to Target's website and look under dresses, and there is a convertible dress made by Mossimo for $31. Good quality dress, and your girls can actually use it again.

Just keep looking and watch for sales. You have plenty of time. And I agree with the others, they don't have to all be in the same dress.

My bridesmaids liked this dress from JCrew but it was $200. It then went down to 139.99 online with an additional 30% off so I bought three for approximately $300 total. Today I went to the store and they were marked down again to $69.99 with 30% off. I returned the other ones and re-bought the three for $150 total. I can't link to the Jcrew site yet, but it's the Ella dress in garden floral.

Some of Kohls special collections (LC, Jennifer Lopez, etc) are cute. And I did really well at JCrew (who would have thought). TJ Maxx and Marshalls have nice dresses too. Good luck!

dillards, macy’s and department type stores will have big sales. having 2 attendants is also a bonus as you might suggest colors/style, but let them pick their own dress (hopefully on sale!). my MOH found a cute dress under $100 from a department store that matched the mood completely and was a great color. good luck!

I second David's bridal outlet. There are some nice dresses there for like $30. The color selection is limited though.

My 4 bridesmaids vary enormously, so I know what you mean about being careful about the style. It depends what you're looking for, mine was easy enough as I wanted quite an informal look. I was able to get 4 very pretty 50's style halter-neck dresses from Ebay for about $40 each and because they're A-line, they're quite flattering for all the girls.

How about JC Penny? They have some really nice dresses and their prices are very reasonable. May find something at Sears too. We live minutes from the Mall of America and I know I have seen lots of really cute dresses at the Sears and the DEB store there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter