• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Budget Easter basket ideas for teen DDs:

Minnie_me

DIS Veteran
I admit that I used to go way overboard in the girls' Easter baskets. But this year, we're saving for a trip to Universal, and I want to do things more simply.

So, what are you putting in your teen DDs' Easter baskets??

I admit that I used to go way overboard in the girls' Easter baskets. But this year, we're saving for a trip to Universal, and I want to do things more simply.

So, what are you putting in your teen DDs' Easter baskets??

Prior to last year, my kids were given a DVD, a chocolate rabbit, and I split a couple bags of their favorite candies between the baskets. As little kids they also got a stuffed animal but not as teens.

Last year and this year they got shoes. DS got the flip flops he likes both years (he got his basket this past weekend as he won't be home for Easter) and last hear DD got some cute flats and this year some knock-off Jack's sandals. They also got/are getting chocolate hens instead of bunnies (an inside joke about Key West chickens).

Do you have an ULTA near you? They have a sale this week, 5 items for $10. Not sure exactly what the items are, but they are valued between $3 and $10. I think you can use the #.50 off coupon too.

We do some chocolate, some cards (Magic the gathering for my son) and a McDonald's gift card.

does Universal have gift cards? Maybe get them one each, it's practical since you're going there anyway, and they will use it for sure! :) You can always have them do a hunt for it, and have smaller, cheaper eggs to find too!

Do they like nail polish? You could do a few polishes, a couple of nail files, some lip gloss and then candy. Shouldn't cost you too much. I have seen polish for as low as $1 on sale at Walmart. Files are cheap too. Same with gloss. :thumbsup2

I put a chocolate bunny and a few other candies. I also ordered a Minnie Mouse Easter Plush animal from the Disney Store. Also, my daughter likes to scrapbook, so I put Pooh and Mickey Mouse stickers.

I'm glad you said budget items! Some of my friends get so carried about with their baskets - gift cards, cellphones, ipads, cash. What happened to the baskets of our youth with marshmallow peeps and chocolate bunnies???

once my kids got to be teens, I just stopped doing baskets and got a card and put money in it and taped it to a chocolate bunny.

Ponytail holders and bobby pins, because they seem disposable around here.:rolleyes:

Nail polish, body wash

Candy, candy, candy.

PHXscuba

does Universal have gift cards? Maybe get them one each, it's practical since you're going there anyway, and they will use it for sure! :) You can always have them do a hunt for it, and have smaller, cheaper eggs to find too!

:thumbsup2

What about a spa basket? A nice big fluffy towel, nail polish, face mask, hair mask, body wash, etc...

Movie themed basket. Popcorn, candy, a few DVDs or movie tickets.

If they play a sport or participate in any activities you could do a few things that go with that. Nice to have a new pair of shorts, hair bands, water bottle, etc...

Summer is coming what about fun things to do this spring and summer. A new outfit, beach towel, cute bag/tote, wallet, fun summer nail colors.

Maybe stuff she might need for the trip anyway. New PJ's, travel size bath gel, new toothbrush, etc. A bit of candy and maybe a small amount gift card.

Like previous posts mentioned, we are also pretty practical with basket stuff. When oldest DD was about 15-16 I asked her if she still wanted Easter baskets, and the answer was a resounding "Yes". I think since we've tailored it to be so useful, she still truly looks forward to it. Hair goodies, cosmetics, makeup wedges and cotton balls type of things. Dollar store has a lot of these things, but I stay away from lotions there since their fragrances are sometimes "iffy". Bath&Body works usually has pretty good sales, and I end up getting something for me too if it's a "Buy 3" type thing.

We do not buy big-ticket items for Easter - no electronics, video games, etc.

Icing (the accessories store) is having a huge clearance this week and today I found statement necklaces that were originally $24.00 for just $3.00. DD works in retail so she's always looking for accessories to go with her work wardrobe. And I can borrow them LOL.

My 3 teens are getting baskets. They have about 5 candy items each, a $10 iTunes card, $10 Disney giftcard (all free from my DMR account yay), and a DVD!!

We have DD25, 16 & 12. DD25 gets $10 in a plastic egg, some Hershey mini chocolates and her bf gets the same too. My younger two DD's are getting a small Dove chocolate bunny, some Hershey mini chocolates and Frozen DVD to share. All of that goes in their Easter baskets. Also, two younger DD's got an Easter dress from Kohls.

Plus we hide plastic eggs with a quarter in each one, but two eggs have a dollar.

My oldest is 19 and gets an Easter basket because her little sister (6) does. She is getting a very small basket filled with some perfume she wants and chocolate. I went practical for my 6 year old's basket too. She is getting a bathing suit, flip flops, sunglasses and a few other items plus chocolate.

At that age you can just get them stuff you were going to buy for them anyway (assuming that you still buy them their clothes and toiletries) - You could get them their favorite shampoo, new summer shoes, cheap sunglasses, socks, a t-shirt or two if they need them for summer. Maybe throw in one small 'extra' item that is more fun than practical.

My kids are 10 and 11 and they're getting some candy, a DVD anda Disney gift card (we're going in October and dh and I always give them $20 or so to use for their own souveniers (combined with their own money) -so this would have been spent anyway). I'm also considering buying a pair of PJ's each...again, something we'll be buying for the summer anyway so it's not like I'm spending extra to get those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter