Budget Disney clothes

Earning My Ears
Well we are going to DW in september but the problem is that we live in Australia so it costs quite a bit of money. My parents said they would prefer us to buy our Disney themed clothes online and save our money for better stuff, I was wondering are there any online stores that sell teen Disney clothes ( I am 14) if there are please give links if not is there any way to make ordinary clothes Disney. Any other money savers would b appreciated. Thanks so much my whole family loves Disney land but this is our first DW trip

There is a forum here on The Dis about creative ideas. Can't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but you can get a lot of ideas to Disneyfy regular clothing.

The easiest way would be a "hidden Mickey" design appliqued or transferred onto the back of shirts. Very gender-neutral and colours can be varied by personal preference.

Beyond that, I would suggest packing just regular clothing and going off site to purchase some inexpensive Disney shirts, caps, etc. And save just a bit for a special clothing item purchased on site that can be worn and enjoyed for many years in the future. Depending on the item, expect something in the area of $50 to $100 on site. Obviously, some things would be less expensive, but even t-shirts tend to be around $30 each or so. Most of the inexpensive items tend to be made inexpensively and tend not to hold up well through extensive laundering. That said, sometimes you can score an incredible bargain either on site or off site!

Be sure to leave space in your cases and save a portion of your luggage allowance for your new purchases.

I know some people in the UK who bring two or three days of clothing with them (their cases are almost empty), then purchase everything else in the Orlando area--particularly a couple of gentlemen with very large feet (by UK manufacturing standards) who have difficulty finding trainers in their size in the UK! *LOL* Most people who do this also purchase additional luggage allowance for each person. Not sure if that works the same for Australian/US flights.

Check out the DISign thread. . .all the way at the bottom in the Just for Fun section. We've made many sets of matching shirts over our last few trips using iron ons and tie dye! I get the shirts cheap either online or Walmart, Michael's. etc. The kids like their shirts so much that we've never bought one at the park! I also just had some printed by Vistaprint. . .first time I've used them and I don't have the shirts yet, but it was very easy to do, and with a code I found online, I got the shirts for $4.74 each!

Hot topic has some teen disney shirts, I think.

And of course Disneystore.com

Some shirts going one sale next week I think. :rolleyes1

Thanks so much for your answers. i was also wondering which of the value resorts is the most magical to be in. please keep telling me stuff about clothes i really appreciate it so much, disney is like my life. Ohh im spending my Bday there is there anything special i could do for my birthday. Thanks again so much

I'm sure it's expensive to ship clothes to Australia. Up here in Canada it can get expensive also.

I go online about 2-3 weeks before my trip and check out www.disneystore.com and also check the outlet section and order the clothes I want and have them shipped to the resort.

The packages are there waiting when I arrive. I saved some room in my luggage so that it would fit flying home.

I bought my niece's each pajamas and mamoth crocs. I also purchased T-shirts for the one niece I had with me and brought some fabric markers and she had the characters sign the shirts at the character meals. She loves her Stitch one.

You could make Tye Dye Mickey T-shirts before you go.

For resorts, I would pick Movies or Pop as my favorites.

Hi
Walmart sell cheap Disney Tshirts if you can go shopping the day you arrive. I'm a small womens size and I fit into a Childs size. They were v v cheap compared to on site at Disney!
On eBay in the uk, people are selling iron on transfers of Disney characters. You just iron them onto any light coloured cotton (Tshirt, vest top, skirt, bag) and they look cute - but I've not tried them personally.
My plan for our trip next year is to buy a cheap Cotton Tshirt and cut a mickey silouette out of black fabric/or a mickey glove out of White fabric, iron interfacing to the back of it to stiffen, and then either sew it to the Tshirt with a sewing machine, or if you can't sew, you can add them with double sided iron interfacing (bought from fabric/craft shop)
I'm also thinking of making a bandana/hair band from Disney fabric, as last time I burnt my scalp in the sun (that's uk skin for you!) if you google "Disney ..." it's amazing what wonderful creations people have made! The only thing I have found tricky is finding the right Disney fabric to make it all from!

I too suggest looking on Disneys website www.disneystore.com and checking out their clearance items, there is always lots of there. Purchase them just before your trip and have them sent to the resort so you can save on shipping costs.

I make some clothing for my children, IDK if you or your parents sew, but you could look on the Family thread and look at disboutique or whatever it is called, some very talented people post picutes of the clothes they make their children. I like to add Mickey shaped heads to some t shirts, for Animal kingdom I made my DD leopard print shorts with a brown tank top with the leopard material sewn on in the shape of a mickey head. You can also do iron-ons.

Lots of great ideas posted already. GL and have fun.

Hi
Walmart sell cheap Disney Tshirts if you can go shopping the day you arrive. I'm a small womens size and I fit into a Childs size. They were v v cheap compared to on site at Disney!
On eBay in the uk, people are selling iron on transfers of Disney characters. You just iron them onto any light coloured cotton (Tshirt, vest top, skirt, bag) and they look cute - but I've not tried them personally.
My plan for our trip next year is to buy a cheap Cotton Tshirt and cut a mickey silouette out of black fabric/or a mickey glove out of White fabric, iron interfacing to the back of it to stiffen, and then either sew it to the Tshirt with a sewing machine, or if you can't sew, you can add them with double sided iron interfacing (bought from fabric/craft shop)
I'm also thinking of making a bandana/hair band from Disney fabric, as last time I burnt my scalp in the sun (that's uk skin for you!) if you google "Disney ..." it's amazing what wonderful creations people have made! The only thing I have found tricky is finding the right Disney fabric to make it all from!

Right now, Disneyshopping.com is having an extra 20% off already reduced Park Merchandise, you might find some good things in there, I did.

Suzanne

I have to say to go online to disney store also and try to get the clearance clothes.
As far as most magical value resort, some things you need to know. Sports and Music are used for groups a lot. Movies to a lesser degree. Pop is not. Movies is themed around 5 Disney movies. Pop is newer than any All Star resort and is more centrally located on property. You can figure out, I like Pop a smidge better than Movies, but the other two are okay. But I really like how each area of Movies is cute on its own(Toy Story area has a giant checkerboard and Speedy, Dalmations has dog paw prints in the cement, a small TV that you can take your picture in). Movies sometimes shares a bus with the othe All Stars and Pop has a dedicated one. At the end of a very long day in Florida's weather, that is something to consider. Been at Disney 9 times, 2 in Pop, 2 in All Stars.

When you make your reservations be sure to mention that you are celebrating your birthday.

Also stop by Guest Services at your first park and pick up a birthday button. Wear it proudly all the time that day and magical things may happen.

Happy Birthday in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter