Budget Car Rental at MCO -- Fastbreak

ancestry

Trees Without Roots Fall Over
I have read some conflicting information on old posts here on the boards and on some other sites and was hoping that someone who has first-hand experience with renting from Budget at the Orlando airport can clarify things for me.

I have a car reservation through Budget, using the Wal-Mart code given on Mousesavers, for the end of June. When I made the reservation in January, I also joined Fastbreak and have received my Fastbreak card in the mail.

Here are my questions:

1) Budget allows an additional driver free of charge is the driver is over 25 and is the spouse of the person with the reservation. The reservation is in my name but at no point did the reservation or my fastbreak application ask me for or allow me to input my husband's information and driver's license. Can he just "drive" the car as necessary or do I need to provide his information to Budget some how? Would it be easier to not add him and just have me do the driving during our vacation?

2) Where is the Fastbreak counter at MCO? Do I go to it or do I go to the garage? Some things I have read state that Fastbreak customers go straight out to the garage. Others have said that you go to the Fastbreak counter in the Orlando airport. What do I do? Does it matter that this is the first time I have used Fastbreak?

Thanks.

You need your fastbreak card and walk accross to the garage. They have a booth there. They actually assign the car to you. Still a heck of a lot quicker than waiting at the counter

what if u just signed up for the fastbreak card and you arrive say on April 27 a week away and do not have the actual card yet? can you still use it ?

I just got off the pho with budget and fastbreak is usless for first time use, 2 different ppl told me for the first time using it you still have to go t the counter ...after the first tme then u bypass the line??? What is the sense signing up online if they make u still go into the counter line for the first time? Any thoughts or experinces on this please

I was a first time user of FASTBREAK and I went straight to the booth in the garage.He said he didnt have me in the system as reserved thru Fastbreak but since there wasnt any one else at the booth. He just processed me and I was done in like 2 minutes.

On first use at Budget @ MCO I also went directly to the garage and had no problem. They had the fastbreak paperwork and I was on my way in a few minutes.

Dick Taylor

Since joining the FastBreak I've always just walked to the booth in the garage and I've never been asked for my card. I just hand the attendant my printed reservation sheet.

Is there a charge to join fastbreak? And is it like National emerald isle you can pick your own car

I too was wondering if you get to pick out your car when using FB...alos anyone used a really great code for Budget recently???

Is there a charge to join fastbreak? And is it like National emerald isle you can pick your own car

There's no charge to join Fastbreak.

I think there are different options for different airports and rental locations regarding picking out a vehicle. There is an option where you pick your own vehicle and one where you bypass the regular counter and pick up keys to an assigned vehicle within the class that you rented. I think that the latter is true for Orlando - go to the booth in the garage and they give you the keys and paperwork for a vehicle in an assigned space. But, then again, I belong to several rental car companies' programs and sometimes get confused between them.

Dick Taylor

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter