Budget buster at WDW--

bettyann29

<font color=blue>Heres my contribution for today..
Just got back from WDW and halfway thru the first day I realized I forgot my sunscreen at home..

Cost at WDW- $13 :faint:

Our first day at Magic Kingdom and I forgot to bring the dollar-store rain ponchos to the park (they were sitting safely in our room!) :crazy2: .... $30 some-odd dollars later at WDW !!!!! :faint:

a trip or two ago, DH was feeling slightly under the weather when we left home and arrived at WDW sick, not terribly ill but enough to be miserable. Anyway, he told me to take DD's and go ahead and hit a park while he tried to rest and he would meet us for dinner. well, anyway, he went to the gift shop at the resort hotel and bought 2 cold products (some cough drops and something else?). Well it cost him almost $13 and they were SMALL pkgs. But what beat all, was I had tons of meds in our luggage, he just didn't realize it was there. Oh well, live and learn. Now he KNOWS I ALWAYS take anything OTC that I think we might need to WDW and to ask before buying anything like that again. ;)

Film and batteries are very pricey at WDW as well!

Oh yes!! I brought a dozen extra AA batteries w/ me on my trip. My digital camera takes 2 AA and I can go thru them quickly sometimes, because I tend to leave my camera on so I can take that quick pic. Well, needless to say, camera died at MK and all my batteries were back at the hotel. I had to pay almost $10 for 2 AA batteries. 2!!!! :eek: but I couldn't chance missing that perfect photo op. ;) I know $10 isn't a ton of $$$, but I was just mad at myself because I could've used that $10 to buy myself a nice pin or other souvie, instead of wasting it on batteries when I had plenty at the hotel. :rolleyes1

Flip-flops! One of the straps on my leather flip-flops broke, so I found what looked like a fairly cheap pair in the MK to wear at least until I got back to the room. The cheapy kind you buy for kids to wear to the pool, only bigger. $26!!! - for what would have been about 5 bucks at Walmart. And they hurt my feet.

DisFlan

Brought a few bottles of suncreen from home for trip (family of 7)

Day at Splash Mountain.....forgot suncreen and bought 2 bottles for total $26....ugggg

Then rounded the corner and they had a sunscreen demo and sprayed all the kids for free...double uggg.

Adding, a few times in the park I have actually asked and borrowed
sunscreen for the babies face. People were always nice about it.

DD got a fever, almost all of a sudden and I was so thankful to be able to purchase motrin at one of the gift shops, overpriced but needed.

The prizes for those miscellaneous items at WDW are crazy!:scared1:

I always make a quick run to Target before our trip for sunscreen and rain ponchos. I buy the little camping ones that can be easily tucked away. For $0.99 they can't be beat! Luckily we stay at Shades of Green and can buy any little items we forget for pretty cheap! :)

Oh yes!! I brought a dozen extra AA batteries w/ me on my trip. My digital camera takes 2 AA and I can go thru them quickly sometimes, because I tend to leave my camera on so I can take that quick pic. Well, needless to say, camera died at MK and all my batteries were back at the hotel. I had to pay almost $10 for 2 AA batteries. 2!!!! :eek: but I couldn't chance missing that perfect photo op. ;) I know $10 isn't a ton of $$$, but I was just mad at myself because I could've used that $10 to buy myself a nice pin or other souvie, instead of wasting it on batteries when I had plenty at the hotel. :rolleyes1

For batteries I always use rechargables. I take 6-8 with me when we travel. I also take the small charger and leave 4 charging, 2 in the camera, and 2 charged ones in my bag incase the ones in the camera run out. 4 is always enough to get through the day and then when we get back to our room I switch and put the newly charged ones in my bag and charge up the used ones. We use rechargables at home for all the girls toys too. It really is a big money saver. Not to mention the green side of me hated throwing batteries away all the time.

Oh Yeah!!
My biggest budget buster at WDW was on my trip in Dec '05. We had gone to MGM in the morning/early afternoon. We planned on going back to our room before going to Epcot for our dinner ressies at LeCellier. We ran short on time and had to go directly to Epcot. We were going to see a performance of Candle Light Processional after dinner. It got extremely cold (IMO for WDW- like low 40's high 30's) that evening and I had to buy 4 (count 'em 4) heavy sweatshirts because we were FREEZING!! :eek: That little episode set me back $170. :scared1: And it was only the 1st 'full' day of our trip. I probably would've bought us some gloves if I could've found them. IT was FREEZING cold that evening. We went to FL to get away from the cold. ;)

Tip for saving the budget and smacking down that Budget buster!!

the first aid stations in the parks have tylenol, motrin,meds like that OTC types -benedryl etc.. no charge. DD9 got a bee sting and swelled all up and I went to go buy benedryl and there was no charge..bandaids..I go test at the FAS and they are always handing me bandaids :goodvibes

the baby stations sell small paks -not too unreasonable

Our first day at Magic Kingdom and I forgot to bring the dollar-store rain ponchos to the park (they were sitting safely in our room!) :crazy2: .... $30 some-odd dollars later at WDW !!!!! :faint:

Oh yea... I forgot that about 1 1/2 hours after the 'poncho incident' I dropped our digital camera to pieces! Had to buy 3 disposible cameras (Thank Goodness I got in on a PhotoPass Share 'cuz I wouldn't have had anything good!!) and that set us back about $18 a camera!! (CVS -$8 a camera)
I would have liked more cameras but I didn't budget in Stupidity that many times!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter