Budget Bridal Shower Gift

Forevryoung

DIS Veteran
My rude cousin is getting married to a girl who is rude beyond belief. He's my aunt's only child so we are playing nice for my aun'ts sake. My family wouldn't be having anything to do with this wedding otherwise.

The icing on the cake was that I got the (very strange) wedding invitation and I wasn't invited with a guest :headache: Yes, it's a family thing but I'm sure my sister's boyfriend was invited (they live together) and it's the right thing to do.

So, I was invited to the bridal shower. I refuse to buy anything off her Crate and Barrel registry. They already purchased a house together over a year ago.

Any super budget bridal shower gift ideas? She deserves to get nothing

Get them a gift card to Target for 20 and be done with it the gift buying. It's easy for you and they can pick out what they want.

One gift I rec'd at my shower was a bag (like a beach bag) full of wrapping paper for all events, tissue paper, decorative bags, a bunch of cards for different occasions and some stationary. I would think this would be relatively budget to put together and it was quite useful. I was pretty well-stocked for a couple years!

When my ex and I got married a very good friend of his father who did not have much money gave us a flashlight that plugs into the wall. I gues you'd call it a rechargable flashlight.

22 years later I still have that flashlight and I bless that man every time the power goes out! I couldn't tell you what anyone else gave us, but that one I remember clearly. I think they run about $10 at Home Depot.

Are you in a relationship? When I got married, we were limited on space, so I didn't invite our single friends (not in a relationship) with guests. I did tell them that, if their circumstances changed, to let me know (knowing that some people would decline the invitation, and we'd have some room). They all knew each other, and we sat them together. I guess I would rather have people there who meant something to me and DH, than DH's old roommate's hookup from the weekend before.

One of my best friend's from college got married soon after graduation, and I had only been dating DH for a few months at the time. He wasn't invited, but most established SO's were. She just didn't have the room, and wanted those near and dear to her there. I was fine dancing with my single friends.

I would make up some type of themed gift basket....

colander filled with pasta, jar sauce, wooden spoon, bottle of red wine, cheese grater, red/white/green dish towel etc... Italian night theme

Picnic basket...filled with stuff needed to picnic

Cheese theme...cheese board, cheese knife, crackers, etc...

Balsamic vingar, olive oil, pretty glass jars to put them in, little serving plate for dipping

movie night...popcorn bucket, candies, snacks, sparkling grapejuice

Honeymoon survival kit...

Beach bag filled with goodies

Since shower gifts get opened in front of everyone, I would go for something that looks pretty over a picture frame!

Um, you sound very angry and whether you are justified in that anger or not, you should forget "playing nice" and just stay home. Your post comes off as extremely juvenile. If you hate them so much, save your money and stay home.

Are you in a relationship? When I got married, we were limited on space, so I didn't invite our single friends (not in a relationship) with guests. I did tell them that, if their circumstances changed, to let me know (knowing that some people would decline the invitation, and we'd have some room). They all knew each other, and we sat them together. I guess I would rather have people there who meant something to me and DH, than DH's old roommate's hookup from the weekend before.

One of my best friend's from college got married soon after graduation, and I had only been dating DH for a few months at the time. He wasn't invited, but most established SO's were. She just didn't have the room, and wanted those near and dear to her there. I was fine dancing with my single friends.

It's the icing on the cake- it's not a huge deal and it saves me money. I'm not in a long term relationship. However, they are having a big Saturday night New Jersey wedding. If either one of them approached me and said "we are tight on space that's why the omission" I would smile and not care. I just want the option to not be odd man out.

My aunt (his mother) has been divorced for 25 years and her biggest peeve is not being invited with a date.

I will buy her some thank you notes, she never thanked a single one of us (verbally or by note) for the engagement/housewarming gifts.

When I get married, I simply won't invite them. I only want those near and dear to me there. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Keep an eye on the Target dollar spot, there are some really neat things there that you could group together and come up with a useful gift for a reasonable amount of money. I like to give "little things" like chip clips, fridge magnets, wine corks, little gadgety type gifts that most people don't consider giving but can be invaluable to the receiver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter