• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Budget Board has new POP fridge swap-LOOK!

EMom

Comes from a long line of all fork ...
Go to the Budget Board and look for:

Might be interested in starting a new POP fridge swap

We need someone to fill these dates, because we cannot leave the fridge abandoned at the POP too long! Please check and see if you'd be interested in joining our swap. The cost would be no more than $10.

Available dates are:

Oct. 1-5

Oct. 13-Nov. 18---WE NEED TO FILL THIS GAP!!! :eek:

Nov. 25-Dec. 9--Some days in here would be good too.

Dec. 15-18

After Dec. 23--open

I started this a few weeks ago to see if there was enough interest to warrant getting a new fridge swap going. Well, there was! We are going to make it official today or tomorrow and give out all the details concerning payment, etc. The fridge will be NEW as of July 7, 2007. We are looking at either a 1.7 cu ft. or perhaps a 2.5 or 2.7 cu ft.

Remember, that's $10 total, not $10 per day!:thumbsup2

Join in!:grouphug:

:confused3
Hi, not sure if I've missed this somewhere (this stuff is new to us), but we're going to POP for 1st time from Aug. 25-Sept.1 and would love to get a fridge swap.

Is yours booked for these dates? If so, any other spots you can suggest we go to locate one?? Thanks...

A fridge swap is something guests at some Value resorts do. Values don't have fridges in the rooms. If you want one, you have to pay $10 per day to the hotel.

On the Budget Board, there are about 15 fridge swaps going on right now for the POP and a few for some other hotel.....can't remember which one. People who are staying at the POP go in together and buy a dorm fridge (usually no more than $10 per person) and sign up for the time period they would like to use it. Someone collects the money and orders the fridge, and has it delivered to the first person on the list to stay at the POP.

When #1 checks out, they pass the fridge to person #2, who passes it to person #3, and so on. If you check out and the next person won't arrive for a few days, there's a procedure to leave it at luggage services on hold for the next person.

This way, we share a fridge and the cost is $10 or less total instead of $10 per day. :grouphug: That's pretty much it. If you go to the budget board, there is a sticky at the top with all of the fridge swaps on it EXCEPT ours. Ours isn't on yet because we're so new. Look for a thread called "Might be interested in starting a new fridge swap." Or just look at the available dates in the first post in THIS thread, just above.

Hope this helps.:goodvibes
What's a fridge swap?

Those dates are taken for our fridge swap, but if you go to the Budget Board, you'll see a sticky near the top entitled something like "Everything you need to know about fridge swaps." Scroll down and it will give you links to all the fridge swaps except ours. (Ours is too new and I haven't asked to have it linked yet. "Might be interested in starting a new fridge swap") I think you can even see which swaps have which dates available.

Good luck!:goodvibes

:confused3
Hi, not sure if I've missed this somewhere (this stuff is new to us), but we're going to POP for 1st time from Aug. 25-Sept.1 and would love to get a fridge swap.

Is yours booked for these dates? If so, any other spots you can suggest we go to locate one?? Thanks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter