Budget Birthday Party Ideas Needed

punkin

<font color=purple>Went through pain just to look
My "baby" girl is turning 6 this Saturday and I invited 12 girls. I am thinking about doing a princess dress up/make up party. So far, I thought I'd go buy some cheap make-up and nail polish and maybe some cheap beads at the dollar store and give the girls a "makeover" I also need some ideas for party games to fit the theme and cheap goody bag ideas as well. Any help is appreciated.

We always play musical chairs and hot potato since you don't have to buy anything special to play these. You could use Disney music for them, and just have someone start and stop the music for the game.

You could get or make some cardboard crowns (cover in tinfoil) and get a few pkgs of rhinestones, pearls, and sequins. Get some craft glue, and have them make their own crowns. Or, it would be less expensive if you got elastic/string and a lot of beads to make their own necklaces. Or....since Halloween just passed, maybe you could get a great deal on some princess type accessories, which the girl's can play games for and win.

For the princess party, go to Burger King and ask for a bunch of the paper crowns. Spray them gold or silver, then let girls decorate their own princess crowns. Have glue on jewels, glitter glue, etc. It makes a good take home souvenier(sp).

thanks you all. I went to party city. I was hoping they would have some leftover halloween tiaras, but NOTHING is on sale. I was shocked. what are they going to do with all that costume stuff after haloween.

I suggest you go to this website:

www.birthdaypartyideas.com

click on big list of kids' birthday parties.

there are TONs of ideas for princess parties and such and many are on a budget. there are some clever folks out there and they have already done the work for you!

You could also make some sashes out of white ribbon and put their names on it with glitter: Princess Abby

We just went to a princess party and they had the sashes and also the crowns as someone suggested from Bk painted and some sparkling confetti glued on it and the girls were able to glue rhinestones and such on it. Really cute and they loved it.

Last year my daughters 6th birthday we had a scavenger hunt. The older kids got clues to go from place to place by using hints. IE: "tick-Tock said the - - - - - " (brings them to the CLOCK and therre was another hint. Until it eventualy it lead them to a sack with their personal goodie bags full of make-up, nail polish, nail stickers etc..
For the younger girls we drew pictures of the places their hints were hidden. We brought them outside to the yard... back to the other end of the house, etc etc... they were all over the place but they had a wonderful time. And it took up a good half hour to get it all done.

we let them group up and do make-overs to each other. They had a blast playing both client and makeup artist :)

You could make the ribbon and garland halos. Wrap the star, wire in a circle the size of a halo and tie on lots of curly ribbon to trail down their back like a veil. Make wands with poster board cut in a star and attach to a dowl rod. Let them decorate.
Are they wearing their own princess dresses from home? Let them have a fashion show when all of their accessories are complete and video it. Put on some Disney princess music. They can be watching the video at pick up time. They'll be sitting rather than running around at the end, and the parents will enjoy watching.
Snack time can be tea time. Let them decorate a cookie.
Party favors- candy rings and necklaces, Princess stickers, Put them in something that looks like a purse. Or add feathery trim to the top of a plain cheap gift bag. Check the dollar stores for dress up type stuff.princess:

You may want to skip the make-up. My sister went to a "makeover" birthday party once and it turns out she was allergic to the make-up they put on her. The parents had to call my parents to take her to the ER when she broke out in hives. Just something to keep in mind...

One year i bought white paper bags and had the girls decorate them. I purcahsed rhinestones at the craft store, glitter glue, stick on letters and princess themed wands, crowns, etc. We filled them with candy from a piniata. You can make your own piniata, all it takes is cardboard and crepe paper. You can design your own. After XMAS when Walmart gets rid of their gift sets, I got makeup sets for .88 cents each which i gave to the girls as party favors.
We asked that the girls come in their favorite dress up clothes.
Target had some princess themed items for a dollar. Before XMAS i bought crayons, erasers, magnets etc. It was really cheap.

This year i bough canvas backpacks from oriental trading. I am having them decorate them with fabric paint, glitter, etc. That is their favor and a craft for them to do at the party. I may also copy princess pictures and iron them on. I am not sure yet.
I usually make my own cakes. Family fun has a great section on line with cakes. I have made the mermaid(that took along time), the castle, the treasure chest.

I love all these ideas

I really cant add much except, get a whole bunch of misc craft stuff together & let em at it....youd be surprised at what they come up with

Maybe go get some $3 white t shirts from hobby lobby or Michaels crafts & let the decorate it

Food is also fun...let them decorate sugar cookies & then they can eat them & have a royal dessert party

keep princess theme music in the background...keeps the mood/theme

see if they can wear their princess dress or leotard to the party

teach them how to act like a princess

Have them make a princess photo album or frame & after you get pictures back send a few photos from the party with the thank you notes for them to add to their book or frame....a lady did this at work BIG HIT

Have fun:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter