Budget-Are there ways we can help each other save money?

HappyLawyer

DIS Veteran/ OLCC Owner who's Mouse'n Down The Hou
I am not talking about charging anyone for anything, i am talking about good old fashion giving and kindness. An extra coupon for a rental car that you don't use or any connections we have.

Example, i work part time for a hotel chain. I get friends and family discount rates, rooms, nice ones starting at 35-45 bucks and up to 180.00.

Does anyone have any ideas of way we can help each other during these hard economic times?:confused3

If you have the Entertainment Book for a certain city that you are traveling to, you could leave it with another guest when you check out.

We went to Hawaii this year, and I had bought one. I left it in the condo's book swap shelf, with a note on it saying "Take any coupons you need and leave the book for all the guests". I am hoping that helped some folks, as there were good coupons for restaurants and activities in it. I didn't need a Hawaii book back home - already have the two for my state here!

I usually save more than the book cost on one rental car coupon!

I know this does not really directly correlate to the dis but when I have extra coupons that I can't use, I leave them by the product in the store so someone else can use them instead of throwing them away.:goodvibes

I have been trying by giving a 1/2 off discount to those who like Mary Kay products, but can't afford them! To people who love make up they are thrilled... :confused3

Like others who have posted I leave coupons at the store next to the product when I don't use them.

The biggest thing right now I have been trying to accomplish - that nothing has happened... :sad2: Is I have a familly member in a nursing home, while he has everything he needs I have noticed others going without. I have contacted big corporations for donations or coupons to make my cost lower and they all respond not at this time...

I have bought and made gift baskets for every person in the facility - but I can't do that again! :confused:

This year and last I picked up a stack of LegoLand coupons at DQ and offered them on the DIS. Last year I had more, and more people who needed them. (Less people traveling this year due to the economy? All in all, I have sent out close to 300 coupons!!!

It has been fun.

I also leave my new, but skimmed, magazines where I take my daughter swimming and sometimes drop them off at a local nursing home. Hopefully someone else gets some enjoyment out of them. I also love the "green" aspect of passing along a magazine for others to read!!

I know this does not really directly correlate to the dis but when I have extra coupons that I can't use, I leave them by the product in the store so someone else can use them instead of throwing them away.:goodvibes

This just happened to me when I was shopping. There were some coupons on the shelf by some things I was going to buy! I was so happy I passed it on by leaving some coupons that I wasn't using. What a great idea that I would never have thought of on my own

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter