budget adult MNSSHP costumes

Leleluvsdis

DIS Veteran
Can anyone show me pictures of your MNSSHP costumes? I am trying to figure out something for DH and I to dress as for our party in october, but I am stumped and keep thinking a tiedye shirt would be as good as anything. We are planning to take full advantage of riding as many rides as possible and hopeing to get a few pictures with characters. I was thinking of dressing as an 80s girl, but then I didn't know how to dress DH. What do ya'll think?

I usually get our family $5 Halloween Tshirts from Target for MNSSHP b/c it is so hot still in October. Last year the kiddos did dress up for trick or treating at DTD, but that was a short time compared to 6 hrs at MNSSHP.

We usually pick a disney movie and then everyone picks a character from that movie---last party we did Alice in Wonderland---this year I am thinking Peter Pan. We have been to several parties the week of Halloween and found that it was actually cool so I do not worry about being warm. This year we are going the end of September---a little worried about heat.

Pirate or Lost Boys costumes would be easy and good for the rides as long as you didn't wear hats.

The Lost Boys from Peter Pan - not the other ones. LOL

Last year my friend and her husband dressed as Carl and Ellie from UP! in the mailbox painting scene. They had on name tags that said "Carl" and "Ellie", and they looked adorable!

Last year, my husband and I got $5 t-shirts at Walmart and ordered Halloween pumpkin Mickey ears from the Disney Store online for $16 each. We got so many great comments on the ears. They sold out quickly online and didn't sell them at the parks. I probably bought them in late Aug/early Sept.

OP: the pic of your pup is adorable.

Anyway, to see pics of costumes: go to the search button you see on the top part of this thread: type in mnsshp costumes and there will be one about post your ideas and i think there is one that also shows previous pictures.

dd12 went as a bee last year: 10 dollars i think or maybe less at kmart, a tee shirt that looked like a bee witha bee headband.

I took a twister game 5.00 with coupon, and made a sasche out of it-since it was too hot to make a dress.

i think homemade costumes are at least more fun to see other people's creativity.

good luck and have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter