Bucket List for Mom w/Stage 4 Cancer-UPDATE #267

Wow.

You're such a strong and incredible person. You are truly an inspiration. Instead of dwelling, you're choosing to celebrate your moms everlasting life with out lord and savior!

I will continue praying for peace and comfort to you and your family. :goodvibes

We are so thankful for your prayers. :grouphug: My sweet Mom went to be with our Lord last night. Our family was so blessed to be able to visit with Mom & tell her how much we loved her. We all (about 15 of us) went in individually to talk to her. She was so ready to go see Jesus face-to-face! She kept us up until 3:30 Sat morning cracking jokes & making all of us laugh. :rotfl2: It was probably the funniest night of my life. :goodvibes We never knew she was such a comedian!

After that, she pretty much went to sleep & was hard to wake up afterwards. CT scan results showed unbelievable cancer growth. On June 10th, her scan was mostly liver with a few spots of cancer & the other day's scan showed NO liver, JUST cancer, only about 3 spots of liver left. It had grown that much in 1-1/2 months! Anyway, she was moved to hospice Sat afternoon & they said she would probably last one week. We just continued to pray for God's Will.

We could tell that, even though she was getting delotid (spelling?) every 2 hours, she was starting to feel pain. It was horrible for about 15 minutes & we just prayed over her for God to relieve her pain & take her home to Heaven. About 10 minutes later, her breathing grew more shallow & finally stopped.

I miss my Mom SO much, but I cannot describe how wonderful it feels to know that she is praising Jesus face-to-face!! :worship: God answered our prayers & relieved Mom of her pain---even though the doctor & nurses suspected she'd make it several more days. God is SO good :lovestruc

She requested that her funeral would be a happy celebration. We're doing our best to plan it that way. I'm just SO thankful we made it to see the whales. Love to you all, Angela

Hugs :grouphug: to you and your family. I have been reading since your first post and I am so glad you were able to take her on her trip, it will mean so much.

I lost my mom 2 years ago this month, so I know exactly how you feel, but you have the comfort of knowing she is in a much better place and is much happier :littleangel:

Suzanne

Thanks for sharing your story with us. You and your mother sound like wonderful, faithful people! I am so happy you were able to see the whales with her! You will see her again! Isn't that wonderful? Hugs to you!:hug:

Angela,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your mom is finally pain free and definitely in a better place. She is now watching over you daily. :littleangel:

Aymee

We are so thankful for your prayers. :grouphug: My sweet Mom went to be with our Lord last night. Our family was so blessed to be able to visit with Mom & tell her how much we loved her. We all (about 15 of us) went in individually to talk to her. She was so ready to go see Jesus face-to-face! She kept us up until 3:30 Sat morning cracking jokes & making all of us laugh. :rotfl2: It was probably the funniest night of my life. :goodvibes We never knew she was such a comedian!

After that, she pretty much went to sleep & was hard to wake up afterwards. CT scan results showed unbelievable cancer growth. On June 10th, her scan was mostly liver with a few spots of cancer & the other day's scan showed NO liver, JUST cancer, only about 3 spots of liver left. It had grown that much in 1-1/2 months! Anyway, she was moved to hospice Sat afternoon & they said she would probably last one week. We just continued to pray for God's Will.

We could tell that, even though she was getting delotid (spelling?) every 2 hours, she was starting to feel pain. It was horrible for about 15 minutes & we just prayed over her for God to relieve her pain & take her home to Heaven. About 10 minutes later, her breathing grew more shallow & finally stopped.

I miss my Mom SO much, but I cannot describe how wonderful it feels to know that she is praising Jesus face-to-face!! :worship: God answered our prayers & relieved Mom of her pain---even though the doctor & nurses suspected she'd make it several more days. God is SO good :lovestruc

She requested that her funeral would be a happy celebration. We're doing our best to plan it that way. I'm just SO thankful we made it to see the whales. Love to you all, Angela

I wholeheartedly believe that your mom was at full peace at the time of her passing. She knew that you would all be okay and you all sound like you were okay to let her go. When both my grandfather and grandmother passed, they both held on to life until we let them know we would be okay. We miss them terribly with everyday, but we know that we have 2 very protective angels watching us, smiling at our accomplishments and hugging us when we're in crisis. You undoubtably have the same.

The Lord knows when it's time and he is carrying all of you during your time of mourning. Enjoying celebrating your mother at the ceremony with photos and stories and all of the wonderful things she did to make you the strong, loving individual you became.

Many blessings to you and yours. :grouphug:

Angela, I am sorry for your loss. I want you to know that your faith and that of your families is awesome and inspiring to me. I have been on the fence lately and you were the push I needed. God Bless, and take care. Diane.

:grouphug: At least she is at rest and pain free. She will be looking down on you throughout your life protecting you and yours.

Mr friend said to me when my SIL died that the reason our loss hurt so much was because we cared so much and thats was so true.
My SIL wanted everyone to be wear bright colours at her funeral and nearly everyone did. It was a lovely colourful rainbow of people.

I am so sorry for your loss.xx

I'm sad for your loss, but happy that your mom is at peace up in heaven, watching down on all of you who loved her and were with her throughout her life. ((hugs))

((((HUGS))))) and prayers for you and your family. God bless you! When you love God it is a bit easier to be thankful for His ultimate healing, knowing that the person you miss will have no more pain.

peace and love. thanks for sharing your journey, it really helps keep the day to day trivial problems in perspective. :lovestruc

I haven't posted but have been following your journey so I wanted to say that I've been praying for your family and will continue to do so. Blessings to you.

I too have not posted to this thread before but have been following it with tissue in hand. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I've been following along also, keeping you and your family on my prayer list since I started reading. What an incredible family. Thank you for sharing. Prayers and thoughts to you and your family. Working with hospice patients myself, I see how patients and their families cope differently in each situation. I adore the fact that you took your mom on that trip. You will cherish each and every moment you had! :grouphug:

Angela, your post (151) is beautiful. I am rejoicing in your mother's glory as she dances with Jesus. You will all see her again and what a joyful reunion indeed. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers. It is so hard to let them go but when there is no better on this earth for them, the only way is to go be with Jesus. Hang in there.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter