Bucket List for Mom w/Stage 4 Cancer-UPDATE #267

Hi I have read your thread and wish you and your family all the prayers in the world.

My wonderful SIL was diagnosed a terminal breast cancer in august last year and we thought we had time. In october we went on a family 50th birthday celebration weekend with a crowd of our friends and family and had a fantastic time, we laughed and laughed and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, little did we know that less than a month later she would be dead, but she was surrounded with the people who loved her and we had wonderful memories of the last precious months we spent together. There were several hundred people at her funeral so she was extremely well loved.
I hope that your remaining time with your mum will be just as wonderful and these memories might go some way to ease the ache in your heart when she is gone.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Thank you for all the prayers. We made it back home Tuesday. My mom is in the hospital with liver failure. She has jaundice & is experiencing severe bilirubin (spelling??) Oncologist said liver is so covered w/ cancer that prayer is the only help. She suspects it may have entered her brain. Her kidneys are "borderline" so she's not ordering MRI or CT scan for a couple of days.

My request is that people don't just pray for her healing. Please pray for God's Will to be done. If she has fulfilled her purpose on earth & God sees fit to take her, I pray He will quickly, so she'll be out of pain. I want her to stay, but not if she's suffering.

I'm so thankful for the trip we took & the memories we've made. Thank you to all of you for taking this journey with me. Life will never be the same once she's gone. She's lived with us since her diagnosis (the week before Thanksgiving 2009) and we've only grown closer through the months. She's my best friend & my stomach sickens at the thought of her leaving us. I will give God all the glory for taking her home because she has made such a difference in this world! There is NO telling how many people will experience eternity in Heaven because of her love for Jesus Christ.

God bless, Angela :cloud9:

I will be sure to say an extra prayer for her. So glad you have had a chance to make some great memories with her. You are so brave and such an insperation. It is very clear for me to see that you are a women of god.

May God bless you and your family. We are praying your mom is pain free and will be peaceful in knowing she has such a wonderful family who made her wish come true.

Angela,

As always, I will continue to have you and your mom in my prayers. I am very glad she got to see all those whales. You're a very special daughter for helping to make her dream come true.

I hope your mom is as pain free as possible and may God's will find her at peace. Please let us know how she continues to do.

I know it's not easy but knowing that she will be in a better place is important. As you told me earlier, we know we will meet up with them again.

:grouphug:

Aymee

My request is that people don't just pray for her healing. Please pray for God's Will to be done. If she has fulfilled her purpose on earth & God sees fit to take her, I pray He will quickly, so she'll be out of pain. I want her to stay, but not if she's suffering.

Angela, I-and I'm sure many-have been in your shoes, so I know exactly what you are saying. :hug:

My prayers for a peaceful, painfree passing for your mom, and for strength for you and the rest of your family. It is a time of grief, leading to joy in the fact that you and she will spend eternity together. :angel: God Bless!

Angela I will pray for your Mom and for you & your family just as you request
:hug: God Bless you

Ruthie

I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through. I will pray for all of you. :grouphug:

Adding my prayers to all of the others for God's will and His peace and comfort for you all as he lovingly carries you all through this time.

I just found this thread. I pray for peace for all of you.

OP, I've followed your thread since you began this journey and I just wanted to say I'm so glad you all completed your trip and hopefully have cherished memories to see you through. I also will be keeping your mom and you and your family in my prayers.

I have been watching your thread for some time now. So glad your mom got to see the whales!!

I went through this recently with my mom so understand the desire to not want to let go but not want them to be in pain. Hoping for peace for you and your mom.

My prayers are with your mom and you and your family.

I just found this thread tonight and will begin praying immediately for your strength and courage and for your mom's continued peace. What a blessing you must be to her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter