Buc-Ees question from a Brit!

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Hello.

Apologies that this is really random.

I’m watching the latest Adam the Woo vlog and he’s at the opening of a new Buc-ees store.

I can’t help but wonder how the place actually works if you want to use it for gas?

Do you use the pump as your parking spot?

Over here you fill your car and then go into the petrol station to pay. I know in the States you pay first. But with 100+ pumps and a huge store to look around I can’t figure out what the process is if you want fuel.:o

Buccee's are huge! They started in Lake Jackson, Texas and I live no far away in Pearland Texas. Have actually played golf with the owner once. You are encouraged to move after getting gas and go into a parking spot. The store and parking lots are the size of 50 football fields (or in your case soccer pitches) I am in the retail fuel business as well and at one point we actually supplied some of their locations. One of the larger ones between Dallas and Houston located in Madisonville would sell around 1,500,000 barrels a month or 63 million gallons. Or looking at it another way 245.7 million liters a month. The average US station does 80,000 barrels a month or 3.36 million gallons a month. They have everything you could imagine in the stores from bar-b-que grills to a bakery to pulled pork and brisket sandwiches. Cloths, home decorating items beer, wine, jerky, even meats. All the logo's on items are Buccee the beaver in his little red cap.

They are as they say big as Texas but expanding outside the state. We stopped in Alabama on our last trip to WDW and got a little flavor of home there. They are also expanding into Florida.

Also to answer the original question all the pumps have pay at the pump options for credit/debit cards but you do have the option of paying inside. Mind you these places have sometimes over 100 pumps to choose from

In a regular gas station, you can pay at the pump or leave your car at the pump if you're just going inside to pay. Many places won't turn the pump on until they have your credit card or cash in hand.

At Buc-ee's, they'll encourage you to move to a parking spot so you can then take your time shopping. I have to say I haven't not paid at the pump in so long that I'm not sure what the current rules are.

We have a large one about an hour from us, a medium one 30 minutes away, and a tiny one 20 minutes the opposite direction. We've stopped at the big and medium one before with the high school band for them to get food. LOTS of choices, all of it ready to go or quick to make.

I have never heard of this place so I Googled it - wow, they are big! I guess that's needed in Texas and other highly populated areas. We'd never have them here, though I do now want to try "Beaver Nuggets."

They have just opened one in georgia, along our drive to disney. We will have to stop now. I am intrigued!

One just opened on Monday a few miles from me. It's just south of Jacksonville on I95 for anyone taking that route to Disney :) There's also one that looks very close to opening closer to Daytona. I passed it this weekend, but don't remember exactly where it was.

I have never heard of this place so I Googled it - wow, they are big! I guess that's needed in Texas and other highly populated areas. We'd never have them here, though I do now want to try "Beaver Nuggets."

My favorite are the Salted Caramel. It is basically puffed corn in sweet and savory flavors. However it's not like popcorn so nothing to get stuck in your teeth. They are awesome! The bakery has scones, kolaches, cookies and my favorite jalapeno cheese biscuits wrapped around a mild sausage. Coffee is good but the twist is you self serve and they have every flavor of creamer you can imagine along with Ghiradelli chocolate sauce, White chocolate sauce and Irish Cream. Build your own Starbucks! Also really good sliced brisket, chopped brisket and pulled pork sandwiches along with breakfast tacos every morning. The list is endless.

No one on this thread has talked about the bathrooms.

The bathrooms are so very nice, especially for a "gas station". Each stall has a full door! Very clean. I believe there was an attendant on duty to clean the restroom.

Really a great stop to wander and stretch your legs when on a long road trip.

Hello.

I’m watching the latest Adam the Woo vlog and he’s at the opening of a new Buc-ees store.

I can’t help but wonder how the place actually works if you want to use it for gas?

Over here you fill your car and then go into the petrol station to pay. I know in the States you pay first. But with 100+ pumps and a huge store to look around I can’t figure out what the process is if you want fuel.:o

If you're paying with cash for fuel in the US at a gas/petrol station, you usually have to go inside to pay. In that scenario, you'd park at the pump, take note of your pump #, and then go inside to pay with cash. Otherwise, if paying with credit or debit card, most people pay at the pump. However, sometimes you might want to pay with credit or debit for a fixed amount (say, $40)...and for that, you have to usually go inside.

I watched the same Adam the Woo video! Our family is going on a big road trip from AZ to Orlando this summer and I had no idea until seeing Adam's video that Buc-ee's even existed. We are definitely going to stop at one along our journey on I-10!

I love Buc-ee's!!!! Love it!
Best bathrooms anywhere, great BBQ sandwiches, fun clothing and merchandise to buy, cheap biggie Cokes, pralines, and yes.....Beaver Nuggets. Do not get started on those, since they are like crack, and you'll be addicted. Inexpensive deer corn too, and our backyard friends appreciate that.

We were supposed to get one here in NC but the locals complained and the pulled out. When my son lived in Texas we would stop at the larger ones whenever we traveled. They have a on-site bakery, constantly carving BBQ, multiple soda machines with Coke and Pepsi products, frozen slushes, flavored coffees, and a variety of jerky. The large bathrooms are constantly cleaned, tight doors on the stalls, and lights to indicate if they are in use.

I've been to the one in Alabama.

Mind blowing huge and so cool!!
I didn't fill up....we browsed, shopped, ate and used the clean bathrooms!

Hello.

If you have to go into the store to pay for your gas, you park at the pump, pay, then fuel.
If you don't, you pay at the pump, then fuel.
But you should never park at the fuel pumps to go look in the store for an extended amount of time. However, quickly grabbing a coffee or something while you're paying is acceptable. When you're done fueling, just go park by the store if you'd like to have a long look around.

I watched the same Adam the Woo video! Our family is going on a big road trip from AZ to Orlando this summer and I had no idea until seeing Adam's video that Buc-ee's even existed. We are definitely going to stop at one along our journey on I-10!

If your driving IH-10 on your trip you will have several opportunities Luling, Tx, Katy, Texas, Baytown, Texas, and the one in Alabama. Luling was the original "super" station but has since been rebuilt and expanded. The owner started with smaller stations he bought in Clute, Lake Jackson, and Freeport, Texas and then expanded to the huge Interstate sites. I have three or four of the smaller versions close to me and some of their business offices are in Pearland where I live.

I live about 30 minutes from a Bucees that is on the way to my best friend's house. I love it and we stop pretty much every time we go to each other's houses. They have some really cute and clever t-shirts as well. Especially the holiday ones are really clever.

though I do now want to try "Beaver Nuggets."

I am OBSESSED with the bold n spicy beaver nuggets. I can't get enough of them.

I've been to Buc-ees twice and I must say that it's quite an experience. They have a fudge made there as well as a huge selection of trail mix and jerkey. The last time my sister went she got a tie-dye t-shirt with Willie Nelson on it.

I guess we won’t be getting one near me any time soon. We aren’t allowed to pump our own gas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter