Bubbles? Confetti? ....

BabySam99

Life
Is it true that when you sail away from PC everyone blows bubbles and throws confetti? I also heard that the horn that is blown to signal departure plays a Disney tune? Is this true?

I read this on a message board or somewhere I can't recall...just curious.

Yes, the ships horn plays "When You Wish Upon A Star". Some people bring bubbles to blow while sailing away.

I do not think confetti is a good idea due to environmental concerns. Stick with bubbles if you want to do something.

MJ

Definitely bubbles only!!
Try to pick up a few from a party store before you leave home:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I brought along some bubbles on our Christmas Wonder cruise last year, and I was the only one who did! So, on the Wonder last month I didn't bother. Besides, there is a bubble machine that comes on right as you start to sail away.

I have about 12small bottles of the wedding bubbles already packed away. When I cruised on NCL last Dec I believe I was the only one with them but who the heck cares? Who's the big kid here? ME
At Wilderness Lodge last Oct I was blowing them while waiting for the bus. I had an extra bottle on me so shared with a little boy who was then able to have fun while waiting for the bus.

Like Just Chip No Dale, we brougth bubbles on our first cruise. With all the running around some of the bubbles were forgotten in the stateroom(we had 3 families/rooms) and some didnt care much about them. I had my bubbles but it was so windy up on deck they popped immediately. I found the bubbles pretty useless, especially since they have a great bubble machine going and confetti & streamers that blow out. DS was 3.5 then and LOVED playing with the "toilet paper" as he called it. ;)
On our second cruise I didnt bother bringing bubbles and it worked out well because our sail away party ended up being in the atrium due to lightning. Id rather have a frozen drink in my hand during the sail away party than a bottle of bubbles anyway. :teeth:

On our second cruise I didnt bother bringing bubbles and it worked out well because our sail away party ended up being in the atrium due to lightning. Id rather have a frozen drink in my hand during the sail away party than a bottle of bubbles anyway. :teeth: [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree...I was just curious...I heard that Disney had bubbles and confetti...wanted to tell my 3.5 DS about it...I bought some bubbles so I guess I will let him use them here....Thanks for the info!

We've brought bubbles on our last 2 cruises. We've blown them at departure and also when DD gets board in port... I know a child being bored?! huh?! It can happen... I usually put them in a ziplock baggie in my backpack so we always have them.

Hey Camcolt,
What ahh you Wicked retaaded or something? ;)

I'm an ex Woosta person so I had to tease you on that one, Could not agree with you more on the Frozen drink over the bubbles.

All the best,
Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter