• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bubba Gump

Anyone know where I can get a menu that shows prices for Bubba Gumps?

We ate there in July 07
The food was ok, not bad , not great
The atmosphere was fun and the staff was friendly
my kids got a kick out of the license plate on the tables (stop forest, run forest)
They didn't honor the stay onsite, get seated quicker idea

A blurb from my Trip Report.....

(.....click on the underlined words for pictures.....)

.....we headed for BUBBA GUMP'S for dinner. :banana:
OUTSIDE OF BUBBA GUMPS . Now, I'm guessing because it's new, but no reservations are accepted, and your room key/AP will not get you "bumped" to the "front of the line". They run the movie Forrest Gump on TV's in the restaurant and have a gift shop and memoribilia on the walls. PIC , PIC . Given it was a Saturday night, and we were a party of 13, we only had a 30minute wait...not bad! They gave the kids their menus advance, and did the activities on them. (This is where the trivia questions are if you want to know what questions your server will ask you....answers included on the menu.) In the back of the restaurant, is Gump's House. It's a small room decorated to look like Mama Gump's dining room . DH ordered: New Orlean Shrimp and I ordered fried chicken (w/ DS's pizza) and the kids dinners came with this side . This is what the drink menu looked like....Forrest's pingpong paddle!! Our appetizer... ...forget what it was, will have to look it up. It was a good meal, and a busy place. Here's the menu: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 . They even have some sayings from the movie on the tables and "buckets of paper towels and seasonings" PIC.

I've eaten at Bubba Gump's twice, once in New Orleans and once in Orlando last May. I think I got the stuffed shrimp and it was pretty good, nothing spectacular though! But I do have to say that I'm going back to eat there when we go in March just for the lemonade!! They have the best lemonade I have EVER had!! Sooo good!! :thumbsup2

We have eaten at Bubba Gumps in Charleston,New Orleans and Orlando because my daughter loves this place.I have enjoyed it each time we visited and thought the food and service were fine.I will say though if you are headed there thinking about a little sea side restaurant serving the freshest catch of the day I don't think that is what you will find.Bubba's is pretty much a chain tourist hang out and I am sure a lot of the stuff they serve is packaged and shipped to each location.

I went in July of 2006, shortly after it opened. The food was good and they give you big portions. Most of us ended up leaving with doggy bags. The atmosphere is fun and the service was pretty good. But then again, this was right after they officially opened so I don't know what it's like now. But I'm going to try them again this summer.

For us, we're going for the novelty of it.

Furthermore, if you get some bad sauce or shrimp when you're there, you can ask for another... it happens.

For us, we're going for the novelty of it.

Furthermore, if you get some bad sauce or shrimp when you're there, you can ask for another... it happens.

Not a good thought of getting bad sauce or shrimp:scared1: and if I came across that then they would do more than give me another cause that is food poisioning and that ladies and gentelman is why I stick the good ole burgers.

My mom and dad ate there last week. My dad LOVES that place! They ate there once and went back for drinks the next day. :thumbsup2 I have yet to get there, because I always find myself at Margaritaville!!! :banana:

We went during HHN this year - we had a great server

The food was good, but not spectacular. The FI & I each got the Shrimp Po'boy & there was barely any sauce on it. The size was good, but I honestly would have rather eaten at Mythos (I'm always looking for a reason to eat there though, so I'm a little biased) :)

It's a little pricey though so check out the menu and find something you absolutely MUST have, that you know you cannot eat at a restaurant back home. :)

We ate there back in December 06, I thought it was delicious. We usually go to Hard Rock Cafe instead, my wife loves that place.

We went there in November..the food was OK..we loved the whole theme and even my kids got into it and they had no idea who Forrest Gump was. It is worth going to... but pretty much everything is fried and after a week of eating through Disney we were just sick of that type of food. They have a very cute system..when you need a waiter you flip the sign on your table stop Forrest stop...when you do not need them you keep it on Run Forrest Run...very cute

123437538505_0_ALB.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter