BTMRR Refurb

Iheartdis

Mouseketeer
I have been keeping an eye on Touringplans about BTMRR since they removed it from the refurb schedule on Allears and when I checked today, it was no longer on Touringplans! Hopefully this means it will be open for our May trip! :yay: If anyone can confirm, that would be great!

I have been keeping an eye on Touringplans about BTMRR since they removed it from the refurb schedule on Allears and when I checked today, it was no longer on Touringplans! Hopefully this means it will be open for our May trip! :yay: If anyone can confirm, that would be great!

I hope as well. We are going in May also!

Fingers crossed it's open for my trip! :D My daughter would be devastated if not...as would I.

We do not have a trip scheduled, but for our family, we would most likely postpone our trip. BTMRR is by far the whole families favorite ride and its the ride we will always end up riding the most on all our trips.

We do not have a trip scheduled, but for our family, we would most likely postpone our trip. BTMRR is by far the whole families favorite ride and its the ride we will always end up riding the most on all our trips.
I know some people do this and I don't mean to single you out or anything but why postpone your trip as refurbs can and will change. Sometimes they are shorter than the dates put out. Sometimes they are extended longer than expected. Sometimes they are cancelled altogether. And then sometimes you may want to ride and there is no refurb scheduled but the ride is having mechanical issues and it is down for a while if not the day. I would never book a trip around a single ride.

I know some people do this and I don't mean to single you out or anything but why postpone your trip as refurbs can and will change. Sometimes they are shorter than the dates put out. Sometimes they are extended longer than expected. Sometimes they are cancelled altogether. And then sometimes you may want to ride and there is no refurb scheduled but the ride is having mechanical issues and it is down for a while if not the day. I would never book a trip around a single ride.
Not in a mean way, but to each their own. Its just being postponed not cancelled. Now if it was going to be down for a loooong time then no, but we have no issue postponing say from March to the summer or to November. Currently our youngest DD is not tall enough to ride space mountain or RNR and the dwarf ride is to packed and not as exciting. On average we ride BTMRR 3-4 times each MK visit and with visiting MK 2-3 times during our trip, that is up to 12 rides we would miss out on. It's not like WDW has many good coasters to choose from and when you take away one of the best ones, then that is pretty major for our family. Plus, we have been lucky enough to be able to go 2-3 times a year, so also not a big deal postponing a trip.

Not in a mean way, but to each their own. Its just being postponed not cancelled. Now if it was going to be down for a loooong time then no, but we have no issue postponing say from March to the summer or to November. Currently our youngest DD is not tall enough to ride space mountain or RNR and the dwarf ride is to packed and not as exciting. On average we ride BTMRR 3-4 times each MK visit and with visiting MK 2-3 times during our trip, that is up to 12 rides we would miss out on. It's not like WDW has many good coasters to choose from and when you take away one of the best ones, then that is pretty major for our family. Plus, we have been lucky enough to be able to go 2-3 times a year, so also not a big deal postponing a trip.
Like I said I wasn't trying to single you out or anything but I see that type of comment often here on the boards about people postponing or cancelling a trip due to a ride being down or something like that. In your case I see why that's ok being that you go multiple times a year. In my case I go maybe every year more likely every other so one ride being down doesn't bother me. For example soarin was closed during my trip just under two weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter