BTMRR closure. Who do I believe?

MaleficentRN

Orange Bird is my spirit animal.
Dis has posted the rehab closure from 1/9/2012-5/27/2012.
WDW posts it as 1/9/2012 - 4/30/2012

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I'm not sure, but unfortunately you may want to plan for the May re-opening. Sometimes the refurbs can take longer than WDW anticipates. It does seem odd that the two sources would have such a big difference. Are you planning a trip during that time frame?

I just checked the internal calendar and it shows the last day closed as Sunday May 27.

So, plan for the May date, but hope for the April.

Cheshire Figment is a cast member. He means Disney's internal calendar for cast members.

It's likely the rehab was extended and Disney just hasn't updated their public website. They are not very good at keeping that website up to date.

Cheshire Figment is a cast member. He means Disney's internal calendar for cast members.

It's likely the rehab was extended and Disney just hasn't updated their public website. They are not very good at keeping that website up to date.

Ah. Thank you.
For a billion dollar corporation, the WDW web site leaves much to be desired. I've had more problems with it the past couple of weeks....

Ah. Thank you.
For a billion dollar corporation, the WDW web site leaves much to be desired. I've had more problems with it the past couple of weeks....

I agree with you about the website, it is the last place I look for info. I would look here on the DIS, on easywdw.com or the at the travel agent calendars for info first.

Bummer! I am going during that time frame for my honeymoon and this is my absolute favorite ride! Well everyone else is just gonna have to ride it a bunch for me while you all still can!!!! Thanks for the info! :-)

The May 27 wasn't an extended date, that date has been reported since the refurb was announced, Disney just hadn't extended its public refurb calendars beyond March (when it was announced) or April (now). All the other, very reliable refurb calendars have always shown the May date.

Plan on May 27.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter