BTMRR closed August - Nov

I did not realize the Treehouse was more popular than Soarin, learn stuff every day on these boards. Guess that explains why it was not available as a 4th FP+ on our trip earlier this month.
Popular to us. My kids go up several times a trip. No fp available or necessary.

I know you say this will probably be a once if a lifetime trip, but don't be surprised if by mid-trip you are already planning to go back.

Yes! We went for the 1st time in June of last year and it was one of those "once in a lifetime" trip, but we are now going back this September! lol

Of course, this might have helped the cause a little. My 5 year old DD balling her eyes out as we are driving away from Orlando saying (through tears) "Bye Disney. We'll see you again real soon. Disney really is a magical place." Literally made me cry too.

Popular to us. My kids go up several times a trip. No fp available or necessary.

Someday we will get on it to see what all the fuss is about. We did rope drop it once but somehow screwed up in the queue and ended up at the exit without ever getting on the ride.

DS will be tall enough to ride it this trip. I was looking forward to it. :furious:

dduckrage.gif
That is just perfect! :rotfl:

I'm holding out hope that it will get postponed again. As of now it's just listed as "no times available" from June on.

Gotta say while I get that preventive maintenance needs to occur, I don't see that the second week of August is thought to be a less busy time. It is still the height of summer at least in the northeast where I live. Schools don't start back until late August or after Labor Day. If it is scheduled maintenance, it should be done when the biggest crowds are gone. Yes I am sure the second week of August is not as busy as the second week of July the hours at the parks signify the peak of the season

Yes! We went for the 1st time in June of last year and it was one of those "once in a lifetime" trip, but we are now going back this September! lol

Of course, this might have helped the cause a little. My 5 year old DD balling her eyes out as we are driving away from Orlando saying (through tears) "Bye Disney. We'll see you again real soon. Disney really is a magical place." Literally made me cry too.

lol. We HAD one of those once in a lifetime trips in 2008. I don't think we had been there 2 full days before I was scheming up ways to go back, and go back we did, in 2009, and 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015, oh, yeah, and we are in the middle of planning our 2016 trip right now. Once in a lifetime you say hahahaha.

Gotta say while I get that preventive maintenance needs to occur, I don't see that the second week of August is thought to be a less busy time. It is still the height of summer at least in the northeast where I live. Schools don't start back until late August or after Labor Day. If it is scheduled maintenance, it should be done when the biggest crowds are gone. Yes I am sure the second week of August is not as busy as the second week of July the hours at the parks signify the peak of the season

Crowds start to lessen around the 2nd week of August but it is still busy. Florida kids go back to school traditionally in the 3rd week of August and that's when the crowds really start to get noticeably smaller.

Well, I know almost all the GA schools are back in session by then (we go back the beginning of August) and partially I think they may have pushed it back because both Soarin and Frozen are delayed. Another reason I heard is by starting it in August, it will be done by the holiday season.

I rode the one at DL last year. It was nice and all....but a 4 month job??? There's gotta be more to it.
Disneylands was closed for a year because they got an entire track redo. 4 months is not long for a paint job and adding the effects. 4 months sounds just about right.

I was thinking about going in October. And I love BTMRR so
I guess I'll have to look for a different time of year now.

I'd volunteer!

A whole new strategy presents itself! Like work-study programs at college, you get your ticket in exchange for working a day. Or like their give a day get a day promotion from a few years ago, but instead of donating your time to a charity, you clean WDW bathrooms and earn a ticket. . . The more nasty the job, you get an extra FP with it!

I know you say this will probably be a once if a lifetime trip, but don't be surprised if by mid-trip you are already planning to go back.

I sure wish that were true, but I just can't imagine being able to afford it again the way prices keep going up! We have other places we want to take the kids and most of them are MUCH LESS than a trip to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter