BTMRR closed August - Nov

Swiss Family Treehouse and Small World are also listed as closing for refurbishment in July/August til at least mid September on the Touring Plans refurbishment page. We'd rather go on those rides then Soarin/Frozen.
I read that the Small World refurb was cancelled. It was cancelled on the Travel Agents refurb list that Disney sends to agents. We are happy about this (if true), as our trip is mainly for my niece who will be 18 months old, so this is another ride she can go on.

Last edited:
Just saw that the rehab is now being reported as August 8 - Nov 19. We get there on Aug 10th. Oh well, makes me wonder what else will be in rehab during this time?

We arrive August 14 so we'll just miss it too.
My DD (18) will be disappointed but she'd be really disappointed if Splash was closed. I didn't just jinx us did I? :scared:

As for me, I'm OK with missing BTMR this year. I ride it with DD (DH won't ride it again - he thinks it's too loud and jerky) but it's not my favorite.

At first I was disappointed about this bit of news as we are going late Aug, but then I remembered that this ride always seems to be down during our trips anyway. I'd rather them take it down for a long while and fix it properly. Still a bummer though.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/closures# - for anyone asking where it has been posted.

this will be closed the entire time we're on our honeymoon. i'm bummed!! this is one of my favorites, especially at night time. :sad: but i know it is in need of maintenance and what not just like any other ride. no matter when it closes it will impact someones trip. good thing i'm going back may of 2017!

My family will be so excited that this will be open in May now. I can live without it.

Now, if only I could get Soarin'. :( Since that won't happen, I am crossing my fingers for ROL.

It's always something this time of year. Last year was Pirates and Philharmagic. 2012 was Test Track. September is a great time to go but it's also rehab season.

Big, big bummer for us too. Our trip in Oct. will most likely be once-in-a-lifetime and that was the one thrill ride I was looking forward to all of us doing - I don't think my 6-year-old will do Space Mtn (due to darkness) and def not RnR coaster. Our older son (then 4) rode BTMRR over and over at Disneyland when we went years ago. What other thrill rides are there for the younger guys? I'm pretty sure he will do Splash, but not sure what else...We are not as excited about the simulator stuff like Soarin...

I know we will still have a great time, BTMRR was just that one quintessential Disney ride I imagined all 4 of us enjoying. :(

They wanted to make sure it was open for me! (Until today, I was under the assumption we'd miss it in June)
that is exactly what we said, they would have been silly to close it right at the beginning of summer.

DD will be thrilled if we keep our fall trip. This means no one will try to coax or beg her to ride it. She hates it. :rolleyes:;)

DS will be tall enough to ride it this trip. I was looking forward to it. :furious:

dduckrage.gif

Big, big bummer for us too. Our trip in Oct. will most likely be once-in-a-lifetime and that was the one thrill ride I was looking forward to all of us doing - I don't think my 6-year-old will do Space Mtn (due to darkness) and def not RnR coaster. Our older son (then 4) rode BTMRR over and over at Disneyland when we went years ago. What other thrill rides are there for the younger guys? I'm pretty sure he will do Splash, but not sure what else...We are not as excited about the simulator stuff like Soarin...

I know we will still have a great time, BTMRR was just that one quintessential Disney ride I imagined all 4 of us enjoying. :(

I know you say this will probably be a once if a lifetime trip, but don't be surprised if by mid-trip you are already planning to go back.

I am sooooo excited (and I just can't hide it)!!! I am ecstatic that they moved back the closure. FP's changed and BTMRR secured!

Swiss Family Treehouse and Small World are also listed as closing for refurbishment in July/August til at least mid September on the Touring Plans refurbishment page. We'd rather go on those rides then Soarin/Frozen.

I did not realize the Treehouse was more popular than Soarin, learn stuff every day on these boards. Guess that explains why it was not available as a 4th FP+ on our trip earlier this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter