BTMR closed?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by ImDisneyDreaming, Jul 11, 2013.

1. ImDisneyDreaming

ImDisneyDreaming Earning My Ears

I just read on Facebook that BTMR is closed indefinitely and there are medics on the scene. Do any of you know what is going on? That is one of our favorites. I sure hope it's not too serious.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tiggerthepuppy

tiggerthepuppy Mouseketeer

link please?

4. ImDisneyDreaming

No link yet. I just saw someone on the Disney addicts group ask if anyone else heard about this. I'm just wondering if its true or if any of you heard anything.

5. bearloch

bearloch DIS Veteran

im not there right now but I just checked my apps and its listinf thunder as 30 min standby and fast pass returns at 3:30

please give more info also if there was a accident it will be on mu local news and I will update

6. bearloch

bearloch DIS Veteran

back again I was there before when someone had a heart attack on a ride and the ride was closed for a few hrs as medical was there etc hope its nothing serious for everyone involved!

7. Castle2Castle

Castle2Castle Disney Runner

If true and there are medics on the scene, it could be as simple as somebody experiencing a health issue unrelated to the function of the ride, with the indefinite closure being tied to the time it takes to safely address the issue and transport the individual(s) from the ride/queue.

8. ImDisneyDreaming

That is what I'm thinking too.

9. optims129

optims129 Earning My Ears

as above stated standard procedure. shut down and clear the ride deal with the medical issue,check the ride again for problems green light ride testing then bring the ride back online.. typical 1 to 4 hour delay unless something major happened to have it closed down all day but any more then that then the news would be all over it..

10. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

I just checked on The Hub.

At WDW BTMRR is running with a wait time of 30 minutes.

At DLR BTMRR id down for scheduled refurbishment.

11. monorailrabbit

monorailrabbit Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

This is interesting, it was posted on another board today that BTMR was down because someone had died due to the locomotive coming loose. It was then established that this in fact DID happen... in 2003... I wonder if somehow this is the same confused story?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3139755