BT Anytime personal web space

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
Dumb question - hope someone will take pity on me and be able to help :rolleyes:, preferably in words of one syllable.

I signed up to a BT Anytime package a couple of years ago, and got my BT e-mail, etc. all set up okay. I know that I also got some 'personal web space' and would now like to use it to post some photos so that I can then put them in my Trip Report posts.

My problem is that I have absolutely no idea how to find this web space in order to try using it! I posted on the Tech board, but apparently the answer will vary according to ISP, so I'm posting here in the hope that someone else on the BT deal might know the answer!

Any ideas?

Sorry i can't help but we get the same thing with ntl world and it would solve my problem of how to post pictures. So if any 'techs' out there can explain in an idiot proof way I would also be very grateful.

Oh but that's tricky!

Basically, you'll need your own web address which is where you're index of files will be kept (your homepage), and you'll need an FTP address - this is where you sign on to BT/NTL's servers and upload your pictures to. (So you'll need a piece of FTP software to be able to talk to that address to.)

Have you looked on their websites? Both places I would have thought, have Tech Support/Help sections. I'll show you my ISP's info...it'll give you some idea of specifically what sort of thing it is you'll be looking for from your own ISP.

http://www.totalise.co.uk/support/webspace_1.shtm

Hope that helps!

Hilary, if you don't want to go through all the hassle of using your webspace.
Why not use Picture Trail to host your pictures - You're allowed up to 10 free albums worth of photo's.

If you need more it's $19.95/year

It's a doddle to use, just login to the site, click on upload photo's from your PC, then it's all a matter of sorting out which photo's go in which album.

My wife uses this all the time - It's really very user friendly.

Here's the URL

PictureTrail

Chucky

Thanks for the advice :)

Lack of spare time to do any of this is my problem at the moment, but I'm hoping the Bank Holiday w/end will be a good opportunity to play catch up! Watch this space ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter