• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brush with greatness at MK!

He was there! I have two different friends who saw him. One saw him in Epcot and the other at AK.

:thumbsup2

HOW did I miss this :confused3 It was on National News wasn't it:confused3
Everytime the Favre man does something it's on the news............:confused3
Can we please, just all get OVER him:rolleyes1
GO PACKERS!!!

HOW did I miss this :confused3 It was on National News wasn't it:confused3
Everytime the Favre man does something it's on the news............:confused3
Can we please, just all get OVER him:rolleyes1
GO PACKERS!!!

Brett is just a media hog. If he's not seeing or hearing his name somewhere he has to cry and make a big deal of it. Agreed that we all need to get OVER him! ::MinnieMo

Oh how sad! I love some Brett though! When I was there in 97 or 98, his family was staying in the hotel room next to ours and were absolutely wonderful people. I believe that was at the beginning of his career and he wasn't doing Disney VIP style then.

Brett is just a media hog. If he's not seeing or hearing his name somewhere he has to cry and make a big deal of it. Agreed that we all need to get OVER him! ::MinnieMo

Wow. It's such a shame he went out and won you guys your first Superbowl in decades just so he could get the attention.

I for one would have loved to see one of the greatest quarterbacks who ever lived.

GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

He does own DVC I believe but he was staying at BLT this trip- saw him, and confirmed it w/ CM.

We checked out of Contemporary on the 11th, so we missed him too. With everybody that was there, I don't know if we would have recognized him anyway.

Wow. It's such a shame he went out and won you guys your first Superbowl in decades just so he could get the attention.

I for one would have loved to see one of the greatest quarterbacks who ever lived.

GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

Not a football fan. I'm just sick and tired of his media antics. ::MinnieMo

We were able to get a personal meet and greet with Favre at ESPN the weekend in 2009. I was waiting for my son to do some stuff at a booth and struck up a conversation with a cast member in a plaid vest. After a while she took me and my family behind a wall and told us to wait there. About five minutes later her she came with Farve. He asked us where we were from, come to find out his oldest daughter was going to college in out home town. He was really nice and spent about 5 min with us. I know that my kids will never forget that.

I tried to post a couple of pic however after ten minutes I am going to give up.

I'd know who he was... but mostly from being a Bears fan (it's the law if you are from Chicago).

The only athletes I have ever spoken to are a few members of the Chicago Bulls (Steve Kerr, Toni Kukoc, and Luke Longley). I also went to school with William Perry's daughter so I saw a lot of him around (also known as Refrigerator Perry).

That's so cool you saw him! I'm a Packer Fan and I'm disappointed in the way so many Packer Fans turned on him after all he gave to the organization. Hey, it's not like he didn't give the Packers first chance. How many people do you know who retired and then went on to work some where else? I just don't get the complete bashing some people give him.

That's so cool you saw him! I'm a Packer Fan and I'm disappointed in the way so many Packer Fans turned on him after all he gave to the organization. Hey, it's not like he didn't give the Packers first chance. How many people do you know who retired and then went on to work some where else? I just don't get the complete bashing some people give him.

We still love him. I wish I would have seen him. That would have been so cool!!!

That's cool that you saw him at WDW. :goodvibes Even though he is a "celebrity", he still deserves time with his family. :)

But I sure hope they didn't bring their teeny tiny grandchild to WDW!!! :scared1:

Hey I'm from WI and I'd still be excited to run into Brett!

Although, in general, I get sick and tired of football being a lead story nearly every friggin day in the GB News (especialy during football season, but too often even during the off season).

I also think once he is finally retired for real, those Packer fans who seemingly turned on him will get over it pretty quickly.

His wife must have made the plans.....otherwise who knows how many times they would have changed resorts....and ADRs. He probably canceled 3 times before he went back and got the same place to eat and stay.

We were at CP for breakfast on 6/11 too and he sat at a table with his entire family that was kiddie corner to ours! My hubby and all the men were trying to get a good view of him! We had to laugh because we said to ourselves, "Brett is the new character at the character breakfast!"

I really wanted to get a picture but it would have been rather obvious. Everyone in the restaurant was very respectful of him and didn't approach him since he was with his family. We left the restaurant before his family was finished but I wanted to wait outside and follow him around the rest of the day...it was SO the highlight of my day there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter