Brunch on our last day - which resort restaurant?

jewelsb

Mouseketeer
So I'm thinking about doing a brunch on our last day since we have time to kill and I can't decide where to go. Any favorites from you guys?? I was thinking Kona, Cape May, Chef Mickey, Boma or maybe Ohana? I want to stay out of the parks and maybe try a resort that we've never seen. We would probably lean toward a buffet too so there's a big variety.

TIA!

We do a resort breakfast on our departure day too. Last October, we tried Ohana's. We loved it! It's all you can eat but not buffet. They bring it to the table. I think we might try Chef Mickeys this time. Have you heard any reviews?

We do a resort breakfast on our departure day too. Last October, we tried Ohana's. We loved it! It's all you can eat but not buffet. They bring it to the table. I think we might try Chef Mickeys this time. Have you heard any reviews?

We did Chef Mickey for dinner last time and loved it. I heard brunch is really good too. I wouldn't mind going back for brunch at all! Just thinking it would be fun to see a new resort.

We love Boma for brunch! They have all of the regular offerings PLUS additional slightly unusual, really tasty food and amazing juice. The AKL is a beautiful resort to visit.

No restaurant at WDW currently offers brunch.
Some have reported booking a late breakfast seating at a breakfast buffet, so they are still in the restaurant as it turns over to lunch. They then try to partake of the lunch foods as well. I have seen this reported particularly at Tusker House which serves both meals.

"Ohana is not a buffet. It is served family style. 'Ohana does not serve lunch
Boma has great fans of breakfast. I don't believe they serve lunch.
Kona Cafe gets great breakfast reviews as does the Grand Floridian Cafe. Neither is a buffet however.

Good Luck

A late breakfast at Olivia's in OKW gets my vote. We have a meal there every trip, and have never been disappointed. It also has great service and atmosphere. If it's nice out, ask to sit on the deck.pixiedust:
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014:joker:

I usually go to one of the restaurants in a monorail resort on getaway day. Last time it was Whispering Canyon Cafe and for my upcoming trip it will be Chef Mickey.

We love Boma for brunch! They have all of the regular offerings PLUS additional slightly unusual, really tasty food and amazing juice. The AKL is a beautiful resort to visit.

Highly recommend Boma. Our favorite breakfast buffet. Tied with Sanaa lunch as our top restaurant.

Our tradition is Boma, so we recommend it.

We love to visit explore the Lobby, view the animals, and explore the shops.

Great Breakfast food and it is a buffet.

Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club has a breakfast buffet without characters, so it's less expensive than Cape May. Another buffet with characters on the weekends (I think) is the Garden Grove at the Swan. Reasonably priced and gives an AAA discount.

We did Chef Mickeys in November and was extremely happy. We will be doing it again this year. I would recommend Chef Mickeys especially if there will be any children with you. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions!! :thumbsup2 So the hubby says he doesn't want to "plan" our last day, just play it by ear. If we wait and don't make an ADR, is there any chance we'll get in to any of them? Is breakfast a lot less popular than a dinner ADR?

Thanks for all the suggestions!! :thumbsup2 So the hubby says he doesn't want to "plan" our last day, just play it by ear. If we wait and don't make an ADR, is there any chance we'll get in to any of them? Is breakfast a lot less popular than a dinner ADR?

If it's table service you probably will have to have one. Still pretty busy at most breakfasts, but it depends on the day, whether it's a character breakfast, etc. Our last day we are going to Grand Floridian Cafe - love the Lobster Benedict, but it is just me and DH.

We LOVED Trail's End for our go-home-day brunch. I can't believe we hadn't been there before and am shaking my head at what a value it is. It was the most reasonably priced meal of our trip and was absolutely one of the best meals we ate the whole vacation. Seriously!

We didn't have an ADR when we woke up as we wanted to play the whole check-out RAC checkin by ear. I called Dining on the way to Ft. Wilderness from BWV. They placed an ADR on the books for an hour out and told us to let the podium know we had the ADR but were early when we arrived. We were seated within 5 mins and the buffet was sooooo easy to use. We had time to spare to simply sit and relax with a cup of coffee before we had to head out. Trail's End is a "must do" from here out for my family!

Another vote for either Boma or Trails End! Love both of these breakfasts. Boma is a little more pricey, but many more options, including a made to order omelet bar! Trails End is probably the best value on property and great food. We alternate between the two for last day meals.

Another vote for Boma - love it there! Without adr chef mickey & ohana would probably be harder to get into. I have been to all those you mentioned except for kona. All are enjoyable! If you have children who are into the characters they would probably like one Of the characrer meals. When are you going? I heard the restaurants at the poly may have some closures in the coming year to accommodate the construction. Enjoy it wherever you end up! :goodvibes

I like Trail's End as a last day thing. The food is inexpensive and it's typical breakfast stuff.

The only thing I don't like about it is parking and riding a bus.

So you'll be there smack dab in the middle of summer? June or July? Yeah, don't count on winging it without an ADR and having much success. If you get stuck and can't get into Boma, Kona, Kouzzina or Fresh (they would be my recommended four), you might want to consider going to WGP Express and having a late breakfast there.

Boma for me. I would make the adr and then cancel if you need to but having a place is better then not in my book. I always go after park opening so that makes it a little less crowded but it is still popular.

We didn't do Cape May on our departure day, but we think it would be a great place to have a late breakfast on the last day. The character interaction is great there, as is the food - it's the perfect "send off" meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter