BRRR.. The Dixons do Disney. Day 4

hockey mom

<font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at
Jan. 1, 2001. We started the new year off at epcot. We slept in a wee bit, checked out of MOWC, then headed for Test track. Still another cold day. At 10 am TT was a 75 min. wait with a fast pass time of 6:20. My dh is a G.M. employee so he showed his I.D. and we got to go up to the VIP lounge. Very neat up there. They offer you a free softdrink, there is a viewing area of the inside part of TT, then on the other side of the lounge is a huge wall of windows that overlook Epcot. Spaceship earth was front and centre, so we got lots of pictures here. Then we head down the back entrance and onto to TT. I don't know if the cold air on your face made it seem like you were going faster, or if they speeded this ride up, but it sure does whip you around the track. The whole family loves this ride. My DS only said one thing when we got off "SWEEET". We backtracked to SE, but the line was huge. I knew that between Christmas and New Years the crowds would be heavy, but I was really hoping that alot of people were going home after the new year, but that never happened. Next we went to Ice station cool, but this was not open. I guess it was not warm enough. So over to one of my favorites, HISTA. I love the mice effect at you feet, but have never seen the show in pants before, so I ended up not feeling a thing. But now the rest of my family(also in pants), said that they could feel it, so maybe it was the end seat that I had. Anyway still a great show, with only a 5 min. wait. We then moved on to World showcase to see the new countries, because I knew that they were coming down today. Someone else said in their report that these were nothing special and I have to agree. To us it was all mildly interesting, so we moved on. Actually our next stop was the Canadian pavillion for lunch. All 3 of my kids asked why are we eating here, this is where we are from, lets try something new. I had heard great reviews about LeCellier and wanted to check it out. I love the atmosphere inside. DH had the steak sandwich, excellent, DS had a hot dog, he said was excellent, myslf and one DD had the raved about cheddar soup. Now although this was good, neither one of us were big on the bacon flavor. My other DD had the caesar salad which is done a little differntly here. They either smoke or grill the lettuce which gives it a nice flavor, but really makes for a soggy salad. The breadsticks that they start you off with were very good, and because we had not eaten yet they were gone in no time. DH and I want to go back for a nice steak dinner minus 3 kids. We then got a beavertail and wandered around. I noticed on this trip that not as many characters were out and about. Maybe it was the cold or I was just missing them. Dh picked up a beer at Rose and Crown and we continued on. I love to wander through this area nice and slow, but it is not the same when no heat is involved. Around 2 something started to happen that we had not seen so far on this trip. The sun was actually shining and warming things up a bit. Now my 3 are all fish and usually a large part of our trip is devoted to swimming. So when it felt a wee bit warm their first question was can we swim. We took off for our car and headed to our next resort Dixie Landing. Check in took about 20 min., straight to our room, change, and head for ol man island. No time to look around, we have to swim while the sun is still shining. Dh and I opted for a lawn chair instead and the kids had a blast. I sent DH to buy our refillable mug and load it up. Here they are 9.95, I thought it was a bit cheaper at AS movies last year. Still a good deal because we drink a ton. When the sun goes down we drag the kids out and head back to look at our room. We are in AB, room 2438 which is as far away from the main pool and restaurants as you could get. On the plus side it is very quiet and our car is right in front of us. I really like the rustic look of these rooms. The room was very clean. I was worried because I had read some not so good reports before we left. Other than the carpet was worn and a very small bathroom, everthing else was great. We all change and head to MGM. It was 6:15 when we walked through the main entrance so we decided to get in line for Fantasmic. Now this park had a real Christmassy feel to it. Dh took several pictures here. We got to go and sit as soon as we walked up and we lucked out with front row, centre seats. Here we had a lovely dinner of hot dogs, pretzels, cotton candy, mickey rice crispie trears, and popcorn. Last time our preshow was 2 bellhops who were extremely funny, but this time we had a couple who entertained the crowd with various things. We did the wave in slow motion(hilarious), sang the mickey song and a few other things to keep you busy and pass the time. It was a neat feeling when he pointed out that we were the first showing of Fantasmic in the year 2001. The show as always, spectacular. I always walk away with that warm Disney feeling after this show. The park was now closed except for Osborne lights, and it looked like everyone was leaving which was great. The walk over was beautiful. Snow(after sticking their tongues out to catch the snow my kids soon realized it was soap), was falling lightly as you enter the display. We had our 3d glasses, put them on and walked through. This display is amazing. With your glasses on every light you see is an angel playing the horn. He had his barbeque lit up, kids bikes on the front lawn, and his lawnmower was even lit up. The whole thing was beautiful, and as you leave you have a big display of mickey shaking santa's hand. And with that we head back to our hotel with that "we just had a perfect day feeling

I'm so glad you had a great day! We are staying at Dixie Landings for the first time in May. Do you have any tips for us?

hipgrl1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

Your family sounds so neat. No complaining even though things weren't going exactly as you had planned. What a shame you had to come from Canada and have cold weather. When we saw the Osborne lights this year, the 3D glasses made all of the lights look like snow flakes. Last year we had glasses that made them look like angels.

I'm glad the kids had a chance to swim outside in the sun! What a drag that the weather didn't cooperate for you. I'm enjoying your posts!

Snuggles, if you want the AB section ask for building 15. This one is the closest to main lodge and main pool. If you want the mansion side I can't help you out there. This resort had beautiful grounds, so allow yourself some time to tour the resort.
Trixi and Snowwark: we all tried to make the best of the cold weather. Thanks for reading. I was nervous to post a report for fear of boring people to death.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter