Brown derby?

We've eaten there for lunch and dinner and it's one of my favourites. One of the few places that can cook pork nicely without overcooking it. Great atmosphere too. Last time we sat near the back in a booth and it was very private.

I ate there in Nov. 2012. The Chefs salad appetizer was great, the pork chop meal I got was mediocre.

I couldn't get my servers attention to get me a 2nd drink so I'd say the service was so-so. I should've grabbed the manager but didn't want to deal with it. I just decided to pay and leave.

That being said I'm booked to try it again and this next time I plan on getting the chef salad as my meal, try the grapefruit cake for dessert and hopefully get more than one drink.

I am going to be the odd man out here but we had a TERRIBLE meal there and thought that it was not worth the money spent. Our server was terrible, We were seated outside and kids kept jumping the wall. Now we have children of our own but the staff was alerted to the situation and chose to do nothing about it. We even asked to be moved but they wouldn't. The food was okay. My cobb salad was nice but my pork was not.It was over done and by the time the server came back to check on us it was cold. The lack of service however was what put us over the edge here :( I have worked in the restaurant industry and am not a complainer by any means but I wanted to let you know how our experience stacked up. Others seem to have really enjoyed theirs though. I would let your family try it to see for themselves. To each their own, right?

We had a great experience at Brown Derby last November. We went for a late lunch as walk-ups, and were seated immediately. Our server was wonderful -- attentive and thoughtful, and we went out of our way to find the manager on our way out to commend him. Our meal was great -- I had the Cobb Salad and I'm pretty sure some lobster bisque. My husband had the coriander grouper, which he raved about. I'll admit I've read a few dicey reviews of it myself, but I wouldn't hesitate to eat there again.

We always pay OOP w/TIW & would choose HBD over many of the WDW run signature restaurants. We think it has excellent quality for the price. The park atmosphere is it's biggest negative, but some of the other signatures (i.e. Flying Fish) are just as loud.

We went for the first time January since a friend had highly recommended it to us. DH liked it more than me. It was alright but I won't rush back. There wasn't anything wrong with our meal but there are plenty of restaurants I like better:) The service was fine just not a stand out for me. Our favorites are California Grill, Narcossee's, Le Cellier. Actually I would go to Prime Time Café or Sci Fi Diner before I'd go back to Brown Derby. ::yes::

We ate there in January and we had a good meal there for the adults, not so much for the kids, they didn't like any of the child offerings. We both had the filet and it was excellent. The creme brulee was a bit sweet for my tastes ( I like the one at the french bakery in Epcot much better) appetizers were small but tasty. hubby had the prawn with grits and I had the mushroom and blue cheese napoleon.

I was pretty weary of certain restaurants jamming the 'the kids will eat healthy or not at all' message home. My son is autistic and pretty much lives on only a couple of items, and whole wheat anything is not part of his list. :(

We had Moses, who was a great server. Didn't hover, but didn't stay gone for long periods either.

I was pretty weary of certain restaurants jamming the 'the kids will eat healthy or not at all' message home. My son is autistic and pretty much lives on only a couple of items, and whole wheat anything is not part of his list. :(

We had Moses, who was a great server. Didn't hover, but didn't stay gone for long periods either.

If it ever goes on his list, that grilled cheese is seriously tasty.

I loved brown derby. The only bad thing was the dessert, which granted I not much into but the triple chocolate thing was not my favorite. This time I'm going to try the grapefruit cake.

HBD is a must-do for me on every trip (always for lunch). It's my favorite in-park restaurant among DHS, MK and AK and there are only a couple places in Epcot I like better. I did have to send a steak back one time, but that was the only negative among many, many meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter