Brown Derby

Rudy6

Man
I have always wanted to eat at the Brown Derby, but have not for one reason. My DS is 9 and my DD is 6. I am worried that they will be a little loud for the restaurant, especially my DD.:dance3:

I only want to eat two things there - Cobb Salad and Grapefruit Cake. Actually, when I read the description for the Grapefruit Cake, I could eat the whole cake.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Then, I just read a review, somewhere on here, the Cobb Salad was bad.

Tell me what you all think.

DD:tinker: DS:figment:

We ate there a few months ago. Everything was average noting was WOW like I was looking for or had read here. We had to flag down another waiter to find ours. He would say he was getting stuff for us and never return. I think it is overrated for the price but will eat there again to see if we got a bad waiter. Two bad waiters = never again.

It's our favorite place to eat, though a little pricy. The Cobb salad is the best. Many people don't like it because everything is diced so small including the lettuce. They are expecting a more traditional salad but the Hollywood Brown Derby invented the salad and they serve it as it was originally prepared. The grapefruit cake is also very good. I've eaten there about ten times and have never had anything but an excellent meal. The service has been OK to great and is ussually pretty good.
As far as kids have taken my four little ones without any problems. While it is a little more upscale it is in a theme park and kids fit right in there.

Just weighing in with my opinion. LOVE the cobb salad but as someone else mentioned earlier, be warned that it's quite ground up/processed. I knew that going in so wasn't surprised at all....but if I hadn't known before hand I might have thought it was gross. LOL

Now the grapefruit cake.......honestly I have NO IDEA what everyone finds so great about it. Mine was dry and very tasteless. Won't make that mistake again especially if it's a choice between that and the flourless chocolate cake. TO. DIE. FOR. I could eat that every day for the rest of my life. It was WONDERFUL.

We've taken young ones there, just made sure they weren't in major meltdown mode just prior to going in. We found that the kids did better at lunch time....dining later in the day they were already a bit on edge and tired.

We eat there every trip and always get the Cobb salad, we love it. It's the original recipe and maybe the ones giving it the bad review were expecting something different. In any case it is a quiet place with a bit of elegance but there are kids there and yours are old enough to be encouraged to behave nicely in a nice restaurant. I think kids do behave better in a place like that anyway, where there isn't a lot of noise and stimulation to get them going.

We also eat there every trip and have never been disappointed. Dec 2006, we had a 4yr. old and and 18 mo old. They fit right in, even had a phone call from Mickey . Cobb salad is great, and the vanilla creme brulee is our favorite dessert.

I love the cobb salad and the grapefruit cake. In fact DH and I ate there last night and split a cobb salad. It is one of our favorites. The sangria is also really good. I also tried the chocolate cake for the 1st time last night and it is very good.

The Brown Derby's Cobb Salad is simply fantastic. Every other place where you've had it is a knock-off of this version. As usual, the original is the best.

Also worth mentioning are the rolls - they're some of the best in the park.

I have eaten there once and we all loved it. at the time I had a 1 year old and 4 year old and they fit right in. The food was awesome. I didn't get the cobb salad. The 3 adults got steak and mashed potatoes. It was the best meal we ate in Disney. Like someone said, it was a lil pricey, but well worth it. It's a must try!!!

I love the Cobb Salad! But as others said, it's not what some people expect so they sometimes don't like it. It looks like a very small portion at first but since it is chopped so fine there's more than you think.

We've eaten there 3 times and have always had great meals. We're eating there again next week with an 8 yr old, a 6 yr old, and a 9 month old. There are always plenty of kids there, so don't worry about bringing kids to HBD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter