Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios any Dining thoughts???

We will be dining at the Brown Derby and any thoughts on this restaurant???

We love it! It is by far the best place to eat at DS. Also, I think it has one of the best filets in WDW.

We ate there in February....the food was very good! We enjoyed it! the service was very good too!

We had the filet and chop salad....too full for famous grapefruit cake.....i regret not finding room;)

We just switched an ADR to HBD and I know nothing about it! It is good to hear some positive reviews. Anybody else have suggestions on what to order? (Whoops, sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack here) :rolleyes1

We go to DW twice a year and the Derby is a must for us. The Banana Fosters is the best!:banana:
Nancy:thumbsup2

We had a late lunch/early dinner there in November, and it was wonderful! I had the Cobb salad and (I think) lobster bisque. My husband had the coriander dusted grouper and said it was the best grouper he'd ever had (and we live in SW FL...we eat grouper a LOT). Service was fantastic and the atmosphere is great. We really enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

HBD is in our top five because we love HS.

Our favorites about HBD are the Cobb salad, sterling pork chop, and bananas foster. I was not fond of the grapefruit cake, but I don't like grapefruit.

We go for lunch almost every trip because we don't really like any of the CS in DHS. Huge and delicious Cobb salads, served with warm bread and butter, and grapefruit cake for dessert. Maybe I have to try the bananas foster next time....

When we were there in 2010 I loved this restaurant and had looked forward to this ADR more than any other. I wasn't disappointed, it was lovely, and the food was fantastic.

I will say though, that my DS who was 5 at the time did not enjoy it quite like I did, and I was resentful at having to use 2 TS credits for his meal which was a grilled cheese sandwich with an apple slice on the side. Overall it was not the best value or experience for him.

I would definitely go back, but likely for an adult only dinner. :goodvibes

Your reviews persuaded me to switch out a lunch at H&V for Brown Derby when we're there next month:)We ate at BD years ago and I was not at all impressed with the Cobb Salad--lettuce so shredded it was almost liquid:confused3, so we never went back. I'm ready to dive in again though, thanks to you:cool1:

We had their Signature Dinner for Food & Wine fest and it was incredible. If the regular menu is anywhere close to what we had, you'll be very happy!

We just ate their on Friday and it was great! Both DH and I had the bison, cooked perfectly with a really sweetly tangy bbq sauce and the banana toffee tower for dessert was divine. DD 10 had the duck and enjoyed part of it. Some of it was a little spicy for her, but I tried it and liked it.

I, like another poster, was seriously dissapointed in the kids selection. My DD 6 had a hotdog and it was cold. Blech!

We love this place!!! The pork chop is a must do for me. The bannana dessert is to die for. Great appetizers - shrimp crusted with andouille sausage - yum! A great selection for all kinds of tastes. Nice service, some great original cocktails. A lovely and relaxing respite. That said...not exactly entertaining or as yummy for the kiddos. The pace is here is much more leisurly than say, PTC (where we were literally in and out in about 30 minutes last time - which is too fast for me.)

:thumbsup2

xoprincessmomxo said:
We just ate their on Friday and it was great! Both DH and I had the bison, cooked perfectly with a really sweetly tangy bbq sauce and the banana toffee tower for dessert was divine. DD 10 had the duck and enjoyed part of it. Some of it was a little spicy for her, but I tried it and liked it.

I, like another poster, was seriously dissapointed in the kids selection. My DD 6 had a hotdog and it was cold. Blech!

We had lunch there Friday, and my pork chop was bleeding in the middle!!!!UGH!!! We didn't send it back because they were so slow!!!! My prawn was really good and the banana dessert was good. It just wasn't worth 2 credits. BLT when there are so many other places that are better!!!!!

sheilanne said:
Quote: Originally Posted by xoprincessmomxo We just ate their on Friday and it was great! Both DH and I had the bison, cooked perfectly with a really sweetly tangy bbq sauce and the banana toffee tower for dessert was divine. DD 10 had the duck and enjoyed part of it. Some of it was a little spicy for her, but I tried it and liked it. I, like another poster, was seriously dissapointed in the kids selection. My DD 6 had a hotdog and it was cold. Blech! We had lunch there Friday, and my pork chop was bleeding in the middle!!!!UGH!!! We didn't send it back because they were so slow!!!! My prawn was really good and the banana dessert was good. It just wasn't worth 2 credits. BLT when there are so many other places that are better!!!!!
Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Unreal that you mentioned the pork bleeding in the middle! We had lunch there 3 days after you and my fiance had the same thing happen with the pork! So incredibly nasty. Needless to say, that was our 1st and last trip there. Blech

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter