Brown Derby FAntasmic Pkg and Akershus ?s...

disneybound31

DIS Veteran
I am having questions about Hollywood Brown Derby as Fantasmic PAckage... are appies included as they are at Mama Melrose? And any menu suggestions? We have a spot in our DDP for a 2 credit dinner and thought we might try Brown Derby this time.

About Akershus... I would be getting the salmon meal, but what suggestion can some of you give for my DH who loves meat and potatoes and nothing tooo strange. Also, does the Princess character meet include a photo in the price? I know at some character meals they can be purchased separately and other are included in the purchase price.

TIA!!

May need some Tusker House info as well! Have not done it since it was that fabulous counter service. Want to give it a try as a TS. Any recommendations? Is breakfast a character greet? Dinner? I've been out of planning mode for so long I have forgotten so many of these things.:confused3

For Akershus have I would suggest he try the Kjottkake. It is basically what we would call meatloaf and it is served with mashed potatoes and fresh veggie.
We had it on our last trip and everyone enjoyed it. The meal does include the photo package (picture in my signature is from there).

Tusker House only has characters for breakfast and gets good reviews. We did dinner there last trip and didn't care for it, but the reviews I have read have been mostly positive for dinner as well.

Hope that helps some! :)

We did the Brown Derby Fantasmic deal, big mistake. Not only was the service slow, but the food wasn't all that great. The waiter about tripped and shattered a glass right over our table, they didn't even take the time to try to clean off the glass off our table. Had a small pile of tiny glass shards when we finished our dinner. The meal took over 2 hours. We got out of there about 30minutes before Fantasmic started. For the $350 bill the 6 of us had, I wasn't impressed at all, think would could have done better some place else.

dude, I LOVED the chicken salad at Tusker House! I still think they need to add that to the buffet.....

My family and I really enjoy Tusker House, normal stuff, with some african flair (my 2 favs were the green beans and the sirloin).....and mini desserts so you can try all!

We have done the Brown Derby Fantasmic package and thought that it was a pretty good deal. It was appetizer, entree and desert for a fixed price. The price was actually a pretty good discount when compared to the individual menu prices and you get the fantasmic seats for free.

The Tuskerhouse breakfast is a character meal with Donald, Daisy and I don't remember the other two characters. It was one of the better breakfast buffets that we have had.

We have never had the Tuskerhouse lunch or dinner, but the reviews that I have seen are quite good. Apparently it is "similiar" to Boma.

About Akershus... I would be getting the salmon meal, but what suggestion can some of you give for my DH who loves meat and potatoes and nothing tooo strange. Also, does the Princess character meet include a photo in the price? I know at some character meals they can be purchased separately and other are included in the purchase price.

Restaurant Akershus in Norway (aka. Princess Storybook Dining) does includes the character photo in the purchase price. For the meal, keep in mind that your purchase price not only includes the entree, dessert and your standard drinks, but it also includes an all-you-can-eat cold buffet! It was well-stocked with yummy cold-cuts, smoked salmon, sometimes shrimp, lots of cheeses, big salads, vegetables and "fixin's," and you can get quite filled with a couple of dishes of that alone!

Try asking your waiter/waitress for suggestions when you arrive, and they might be able to make a substitution in a meal if your DH finds any entrees with unwanted ingredients.

The princess interactions are fun in this (more casual than CRT) castle-fortress atmosphere at Akershus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter