Brother Bear

MPLsDad

DIS Veteran
Just saw a Disney Club screening of Brother Bear and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. With everyone claiming that 2-D animation is dead, this movie made me realize how charming and engrossing 2-D animation and a well told story can be. I did find it a tad bit longer than it needed to be, but the visuals, story, and music are altogether an amazing package. Also saw a preview for Home On the Range which looks funny -hope the best jokes weren't in the preview though!

Glad to hear about BB. Regarding HOTR: Aren't the best jokes always in the previews?

This is good news. I prefer plain old animation over all the fancy stuff anyway, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.:D

I heard Eisner had a lot of the high quality original background of the mountain peak cut out and redrawn at the last minute to look identical to the faux mountain of GRR at DCA to send a subliminal message....visit DCA!:(

Thanks for the review. BB looks great to me and my 10 year old is in a panic to see it. The Phil Collins music sounds wonderful. I'm thinking the big 2003 year for Disney at the movies is going to continue!

gg, I prefer the good hand drawn to CGI myself, so you're not alone!

I think it's Tina Turner who belts out an excellent song which is reprised later in the movie! Also, the outtakes at the end of the movie are absolutely hysterical!

We just got home from "Brother Bear" and we loved it !!! Yes, the Tina Turner song that opens the movie is excellent, as are the Phil Collins tracks. I looked around the theater during the music, and everyone was tapping their feet.

As for the movie. Very good. The color schemes were amazing. Reminded me a bit of "Pocahontas". Cute story. Very enjoyable !

We just returned from seeing this today. All I can say is WOW to traditional animation--which I prefer as well. The music was wonderful too. Must go purchase soundtrack as soon as I can! I think the parallel to "Pocohontas" was that the voices were some from that movie as well as the look of the one character resembling Grandmother Willow.

Did the ending have any special Disney things in it like most Disney movies or any references to other movies???

Jasminesmommy-not sure if you mean in the movie or the outtakes withthe credits. There were outtakes running during the credits. I don't recall any allusions to other disney movies.

Oh, I really liked the soundtrack as well; I'm going to pick it up after work today. I really miss my kids being small enough to watch Sing Along Songs though, so I'm sure they'd think I went nuts if I picked that up as well!LOL:crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter