Brooklynn takes Bella to meet Cinderella! Page 242 Downtown Disney

Hello from rainy Alabama! It rained most of the way down here, and I saw three wrecks on the way. I drove slowly and steadily.

Jill and John have gone to a big consignment sale in search of good, but cheap, fall and winter clothes for the girls. I'm here with the girls. Bella just ate a few bites of sweet potatoes, but seemed disinterested and was rubbing her eyes, so I laid her down in her room to nap. Brooklynn is listening to a Disney CD of children's songs. 'Where Oh Where Has Your Little Dog Gone?' is playing right now. A few moments ago, she found a box of Hello Kitty bandaids and decided she needed to put one on the wall so that it would not fall in.

I came to the computer to load more pictures on photobucket, but I can't seem to find the pictures I need to load, so I'll wait until they get back. I can load some before I leave and then they can load more when I leave. With only three weeks to finish a ten day trip, I'm thinking all three trip reports - this one, MNSSHP, and Christmas, will just have to be delayed a little bit and not started and finished right as we leave for the next one, like usual.

As a fellow teacher, I am thankful it's Friday! It's been a LONG, rainy week. Loved the pictures! The girls with the FG are cute.

It has rained just about every day, and some days all day, here for two weeks!

What a nice job Fairy Godmother has just to talk to little children all day!

Another teacher happy for the weekend. TGIF!

Even though she didn't particularly want her binky, Bella seemed happy to give FG a sweet smile.

That picture of Brooklynn with the cinnamon roll is a hoot! It seems like you all have done so much already and it's only breakfast time.:goodvibes

I knew for sure the teachers were glad for Friday. Not that we don't have good hours and holidays, because I know we do, but I still think it's funny that some peeople think it ends when we walk out the doors in the afternoons. There are so many things that are done at home for school that people do not realize. And I don't know about you guys, but we don't get overtime for faculty meetings and parent nights and PTA gatherings, etc.

OH MY GOSH that cinnamon bun! I could drive to Disney right now just for that.

Maybe CP will mail me one or maybe you:confused3:rotfl2:
Love the shopping.

CP and I will probably be too selfishly stuffing our own faces with F&W Festival goodies to think about sending anyone else anything. It may not be nice to say, but it'll probably be true! :laughing:

Wow MeMom!! When I need my disney shopping fix....I know just whose trip report I need to come to!! :lmao:

I know I saw at least 50 things I want in your pictures!! Thank goodness my trip will be here before I know it!! :goodvibes

LOL!! That was a huge cinnamon bun Brooklyn was eating! So cute!!

You have waited a looong time. You deserve to buy yourself some things!

Even though I have to work tomorrow :-)sad2:) I am still glad it's Friday!

I really do hope your knee is better by the time your trip rolls around. ;)

I saw lots of great things to put onto my wish list...I can't believe I don't have a Tinkerbell snow globe....I'll need to fix that next year...::yes::

You should have bought that bag, it would have been a nice treasure.

Have a wonderful visit with the 'girls' tomorrow! I can't wait to her all about it.

Well, we're listening to 'Yo Ho Blow the Man Down' now on the CD and Brooklynn is asking for apple juice.

There will be a short intermission here while I go pour apple juice.

Bella is such a cutie smiling away at the Fairy Godmother!

That cinnamon roll really is as big as Brooklyn's head!!! :eek:

So, call me crazy, but as I was looking at your shopping pictures from the Emporium all of a sudden I could almost imagine the smell and air conditioning in there, and I realized I can't wait to be there again. :laughing:

I can hear sounds and smell the aromas, too, when I see other people's pictures!

And you ARE almost there again! :yay:

I love the shopping pictures!!

That backdrop of Cinderella's castle with the fairy godmother is so unique I don't think i've seen it before, beautiful!!

I'll be addind to my pre-trip report tomorrow or sunday now that all my shirts are done, and a lens I rented for my camera is coming tomorow, can't wait to play with it and post the results!

I have to go buy a whole new camera in the next three weeks! What I want and what I can get are not going to be one and the same, I am afraid.

I've been on the lookout for that Villain Monopoly. Marc & I saw it about a year ago at a book store and we've regretted not buying it ever since. Who knew it would actually be at WDW. :rolleyes:

Bella is too cute with the Fairy Godmother. You can tell she is already a seasoned Disney fan! :laughing:

Maybe one of your buddies who are there now could get it for you as a consolation prize for not getting to go this time. Jill found a cool Villains puzzle at Target, so you might go and get that for a little Disney fix at home.

I know I'm a little late but I would have loved being on that safari with you guys. I think I would have filled my memory card with pictures giraffes.

We have our fill of giraffe pictures, for sure. The little boy in front of us made it clear by a big sigh that he had seen all the giraffes he needed to for a while! :laughing:

Hey MeMom and Jill! So sorry for my long absence. I don't think I can get all caught up on this TR, so I'll jump in with the latest update.

I can't believe how big Bella has gotten! Both girls are so adorable with Fairy Godmother. :goodvibes And great merchandise pictures per usual! :thumbsup2

Bella's grown a little, but she's still small in comparison to others her age. She's just built small.

Glad you could come to visit, by the way. I know you are busy.

Just joining in :) I've spent the last week reading all 4 of your other TR's and catching up on this one . I've loved :love: them all so far and especially the shopping pictures , being a WDW lover and major shopper myself ! Brooklyn and Bella are just adorable !:cutie: Can't wait to read more about this trip and your upcoming TR in October ! popcorn::

Oh me, you have had a lot of reading to do if you read all of those!

Welcome aboard, fellow shopper! There will be lots of cool things in the WDW stores in October, too, so get ready!

MeMom great updates. I don't know how to quote but, I love Brooklynn with her cinnamon roll and Bella is just to cute.

I will be at Disney Nov. 7-10. I'm excited, but wish I was going to be there when ya'll are. I'll miss the Halloween decorations and I'll be to early for Christmas. Oh well at least I'm getting to go.

Look I have Dumbo visiting me.
ty058.jpg

I am so happy you are going to get to take the November trip. I know it is well-deserved, and it will be fun to get away with a friend.

Your Dumbo friend looks very familiar! :)
Hope you are having a great weekend in Arkansas? Are you guys all rowing around there, too, or is it dry?

A few moments ago, she found a box of Hello Kitty bandaids and decided she needed to put one on the wall so that it would not fall in.
What a creative use for bandaids! :lmao:

I knew for sure the teachers were glad for Friday. Not that we don't have good hours and holidays, because I know we do, but I still think it's funny that some peeople think it ends when we walk out the doors in the afternoons. There are so many things that are done at home for school that people do not realize. And I don't know about you guys, but we don't get overtime for faculty meetings and parent nights and PTA gatherings, etc.
I've been shopping today for styrofoam balls and pipe cleaners and black spray paint for our spider projects. Need to get the balls spray painted, print off the pictures of the kids making scary faces to be cut out and glued on the spiders. Oh and that's for 58 kids!
Then there is the grading and putting scores in the computer that needs to be done as well.
Yay! it's the weekend! I can catch up on my school work, housework, and DIS
!

I LOVED the picture of Brooklyn with the giant cinnamon roll. I have a picture of my youngest when she was four with a pretzel as big as her head from Epcot. She was walking around while eating it and people kept looking at her and saying things about how cute she was with that giant pretzel.

Teachers aren't the only ones happy when it's Friday - court reporters are too! Trust me, though, I know that teacher's days don't end at 3:00 on Friday. My husband taught for seven years and still works for the school district in the technology department. He has teachers call him on the weekends sometimes with problems with their laptops. So I know they're working and so he is. It's a never-ending job! And under-appreciated too.

Enjoy your time with the girls this weekend!

Hey MeMom! Sorry I've been MIA, grad school is sooo much work and is kicking my butt :headache: I hope your knee is feeling much better now and you're enjoying your time in Alabama with your favorite girls.

Your MK pictures really brighten up my day. I can't wait to be there again in exactly 2 months! :woohoo: How much longer for you guys?

Next to The World of Disney,the Emporium is my favorite store in DisneyWorld. We ate at Casey's in 2006 and I really enjoyed the mini corn dogs. I love how Disney thinks of all the hot dog toppings possible, besides Ketchup and Mustard, and that I can put how ever much I want on my hot dog!
Brooklyn's cinnamon was GINORMOUS! (can't spell that word. Don't know if it's "min" or "mon" :confused3 ) Help teacher???? Could she even get her mouth around it? :laughing:
How did Jill and John make out at the consignment sale? My sister participates at one like that in Omaha. She says that there's like over 300 venders, maybe more. I just don't remember. A lot, anyway. She loves to get stuff for Christmas there, and since she is a vendor and helps work the sale she gets in early and can shop before the regular consumers.

What a creative use for bandaids! :lmao:

I've been shopping today for styrofoam balls and pipe cleaners and black spray paint for our spider projects. Need to get the balls spray painted, print off the pictures of the kids making scary faces to be cut out and glued on the spiders. Oh and that's for 58 kids!
Then there is the grading and putting scores in the computer that needs to be done as well.
Yay! it's the weekend! I can catch up on my school work, housework, and DIS
!

Sounds cute. Are they making webs to mount them on?

Same with me - schoolwork, housework, Dis, and I have almost finished the grad course I'm doing, but I still have a couple chapters left.

Thankfully, I do not have FES duty! :laughing:

I LOVED the picture of Brooklyn with the giant cinnamon roll. I have a picture of my youngest when she was four with a pretzel as big as her head from Epcot. She was walking around while eating it and people kept looking at her and saying things about how cute she was with that giant pretzel.

Teachers aren't the only ones happy when it's Friday - court reporters are too! Trust me, though, I know that teacher's days don't end at 3:00 on Friday. My husband taught for seven years and still works for the school district in the technology department. He has teachers call him on the weekends sometimes with problems with their laptops. So I know they're working and so he is. It's a never-ending job! And under-appreciated too.

Enjoy your time with the girls this weekend!

It's good to hear from other jobs, as well. We all work hard, and our time off is very, very precious!

I think I could handle the under-appreciation more if the pay was a little better. :)

Hey MeMom! Sorry I've been MIA, grad school is sooo much work and is kicking my butt :headache: I hope your knee is feeling much better now and you're enjoying your time in Alabama with your favorite girls.

Your MK pictures really brighten up my day. I can't wait to be there again in exactly 2 months! :woohoo: How much longer for you guys?

I think I have a bit of an idea how time consuming school is. ;)
Hang in there!

I drove on cruise control as much as I could today, because it did kind of hurt to drive for a while, but it was worth it to see my girls! I bet I gave Bella a million little smooches, and I loved see her smile when I started for her belly. She laughs big when you kiss her tummy. Brooklynn and I looked at two past Disney scrapbooks, watched 'Ariel girl', read poems, sang to the CD...I love being with her and just listening to her conversation.

She did, by the way, show me where she had banished the hyenas to last night. :laughing:

For us - three weeks. Next weekend is Disney on Ice. The next weekend we're home, and the next weekend we leave!

Next to The World of Disney,the Emporium is my favorite store in DisneyWorld. We ate at Casey's in 2006 and I really enjoyed the mini corn dogs. I love how Disney thinks of all the hot dog toppings possible, besides Ketchup and Mustard, and that I can put how ever much I want on my hot dog!
Brooklyn's cinnamon was GINORMOUS! (can't spell that word. Don't know if it's "min" or "mon" :confused3 ) Help teacher???? Could she even get her mouth around it? :laughing:
How did Jill and John make out at the consignment sale? My sister participates at one like that in Omaha. She says that there's like over 300 venders, maybe more. I just don't remember. A lot, anyway. She loves to get stuff for Christmas there, and since she is a vendor and helps work the sale she gets in early and can shop before the regular consumers.

There are so many things in that store! It wasn't crowded when we were there, but you know how terrible it gets at park closing. You can barely move in that place! They do have it all, though.

She made a small dent in the cinnamon roll. I will guess that John finished the leftovers.

They did well. They only got one laundry basket full. Brooklynn got some twirly dresses, which she had to twirl in immediately, and some jogging suits. Bella got a bunch of onesies and some jogging suits. Jill loves 50 cent and dollar items that look like new! :thumbsup2

Hello from rainy Alabama! It rained most of the way down here, and I saw three wrecks on the way. I drove slowly and steadily.

It rained all day here, too. We went to my parents' for dinner tonight, and the entrance of their subdivision was under about a foot of water. When I called my mom to tell her I didn't really want to drive through that and risk my engine, she said, "You can make it through. We have a lot of food, and it is NOT going to go to waste." So, like the good daughter I am, I risked my car to get to dinner. :rolleyes:

A few moments ago, she found a box of Hello Kitty bandaids and decided she needed to put one on the wall so that it would not fall in.

I always knew Brooklyn was a smart girl -- my friend has water-damaged walls from all the rain today -- she should have put Hello Kitty band-aids on her walls, too, to prevent that. :lmao:

CP and I will probably be too selfishly stuffing our own faces with F&W Festival goodies to think about sending anyone else anything. It may not be nice to say, but it'll probably be true! :laughing:

Sadly this is true -- I am not good at sharing food! :rotfl:

I can hear sounds and smell the aromas, too, when I see other people's pictures!

And you ARE almost there again! :yay:

Hurray! Today was a getting-ready day -- I pulled out suitcases and started piling stuff in my bedroom that will need to be packed soon. Charles and I are pretty excited -- I tried to back out today when the guilt of leaving my children behind became overwhelming, but Charles wouldn't let me :goodvibes -- so now I am excited again. :banana:

Sounds cute. Are they making webs to mount them on?
Nope, I bought the webs at WalMart today, then I will be out looking for some old branches that have fallen from trees. I will hang those from the ceiling, pull the webs over the branches and dangle the spiders from them on fishing line. I'll be sure to take a picture when it's all finished!

That morning at MK looks awesome. We've always stayed away from EMH there, but now I am starting to wonder why! How long was the wait for the crew in Pixie Hollow? It really looks like you had a lovely time with them!

Such an awesome Fairy Godmother you guys found too. She looks so interested in the girls and they seem absolutely taken by her as well!

How did the consignment sale go Jill? I am just starting to realize how much shopping I'll need to do this winter to get Aileen clothed.

Memom, you asked for an updated Aileen photo. Here are my two current favorites. The first is of her with my dad and the second is the first glimpse of a smile caught on "film".

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3504_filtered.jpg

Hi MeMom and Jill!

Just caught up on the last couple of updates. They were absolutely awesome! I love that when I look at the pictures you two take that I feel as if I am there too. I just love seeing the wonder in Brooklynn's face when she' in Small World (or when she's looking at that cinnamon roll! :rotfl:) I also love the pictures of Bella with the Fairy Godmother and knocking over the bottle.

And let's be honest... I love the shopping pictures. :lovestruc :upsidedow

Hope you are having a great weekend and enjoying your visit.

Rachel

moparop, Aileen is just precious. The picture with your dad is so touching. I love the way they are looking at each other. She is so seriously taking it all in!

Hi,
I am all caught up. Seems like your better from your procedure which is good to hear. :thumbsup2
Wonderful pics as usual. I am actually looking forward to POP now in 2 weeks and I hated it last time, though I am thinking of upgrading to POR.
The girls are too cute.
Looking forward to more.

We have a lot of food, and it is NOT going to go to waste." So, like the good daughter I am, I risked my car to get to dinner. :rolleyes:

Hurray! Today was a getting-ready day -- I pulled out suitcases and started piling stuff in my bedroom that will need to be packed soon. Charles and I are pretty excited -- I tried to back out today when the guilt of leaving my children behind became overwhelming, but Charles wouldn't let me :goodvibes -- so now I am excited again. :banana:

Well, I'm glad you made it through the water safely without ruining the car. I hope the food was really good! :laughing:

It will feel very different without the kids, as did my March trip. It will seem like something is missing at every turn. But...maybe Charles will enjoy doing the grown-up stuff more and be better at participating on this trip. Maybe if you do this trip more the way he likes to do Disney, then he'll do better on the next family trip at how the rest of you like to do Disney.

And it is just a long weekend, is that right? So if you miss them too terribly, at least it won't be for long.

Nope, I bought the webs at WalMart today, then I will be out looking for some old branches that have fallen from trees. I will hang those from the ceiling, pull the webs over the branches and dangle the spiders from them on fishing line. I'll be sure to take a picture when it's all finished!

I guess I'll get out my Halloween/fall tubs sometime this week, too, and get started on decorating. We have every minute scheduled with some kind of academic subject, so I'm not sure when we'll do our crafty things. The rules we have around here just zap any fun out of school these days. It's just work, work, work, and it wears out both students and teachers.

We have had fun with some Math games this week, though. It's amazing what a pack of beans and a couple of mini-bowling sets did to get them fully involved in the lessons. :goodvibes

That morning at MK looks awesome. We've always stayed away from EMH there, but now I am starting to wonder why! How long was the wait for the crew in Pixie Hollow? It really looks like you had a lovely time with them!

Such an awesome Fairy Godmother you guys found too. She looks so interested in the girls and they seem absolutely taken by her as well!

How did the consignment sale go Jill? I am just starting to realize how much shopping I'll need to do this winter to get Aileen clothed.

Memom, you asked for an updated Aileen photo. Here are my two current favorites. The first is of her with my dad and the second is the first glimpse of a smile caught on "film".

IMG_3504_filtered.jpg

Early EMH at MK is a must-do for us! We've always walked right onto everything and been finished with all of Fantasyland in under two hours. That includes seeing Philharmagic. If you don't see Philharmagic, you finish in well under two hours.

We were at ToonTown when it opened, so we were right up in the first few that went in.

That's a precious little girlie you have there! I know she is adored by all of your family. Are you having fun looking at frilly, lacy things these days? :cutie:

Those pictures are precious!

Aren't they? Such a sweetie, and an obviously smitten grandpa!

Hi MeMom and Jill!

Just caught up on the last couple of updates. They were absolutely awesome! I love that when I look at the pictures you two take that I feel as if I am there too. I just love seeing the wonder in Brooklynn's face when she' in Small World (or when she's looking at that cinnamon roll! :rotfl:) I also love the pictures of Bella with the Fairy Godmother and knocking over the bottle.

And let's be honest... I love the shopping pictures. :lovestruc :upsidedow

Hope you are having a great weekend and enjoying your visit.

Rachel

We're glad you enjoy the pictures. We enjoy taking them and sharing them, and if it makes you feel like you are there, in a way, then that is a happy thing for all of us! :)

moparop, Aileen is just precious. The picture with your dad is so touching. I love the way they are looking at each other. She is so seriously taking it all in!

Does it make you want to have another one, wigd?

Oh, never mind, I forgot...you did have another one. How's FES doing this week, anyway? :laughing:

Hi,
I am all caught up. Seems like your better from your procedure which is good to hear. :thumbsup2
Wonderful pics as usual. I am actually looking forward to POP now in 2 weeks and I hated it last time, though I am thinking of upgrading to POR.
The girls are too cute.
Looking forward to more.

I won't be surprised if you change to POR, Scott. I know how you love your POR!

I second that.... so sweet and getting big I am sure!

I just realized she has the opposite of you - two boys and then a girl. Do you think youngest ones who are opposite sexes of what you already have get even more spoiled just because it feels so different? I guess if Jill has a boy next time, we'll find out! :laughing:

At this point, I think Jill and her bunch went back to the room. I am pretty sure I was alone when I went across the street for some more shopping.

IMG_0236.jpg

You can see that the crowd is growing.

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Three sweet gals.

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

I'd love to have this!

IMG_0244.jpg

I like these pictures.

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

I bought the first one, and when I get it framed, it will go down into my Old Key West den in the spring. Old Key West gets turned into Wilderness Lodge in the fall and winter, so I'm in no hurry to have to get it framed. I'll be having it done sometime this winter.

Watches you can have made.

IMG_0252.jpg

Do you know where I went next?

IMG_0256.jpg

To the shop of all things sugary.

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

Cups to make lunchtime for little ones more fun.

IMG_0253.jpg

Back onto Main Street.

IMG_0262.jpg

Back toward the bus stop.

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

Back at Pop, it was lunchtime, but it seems most people were eating elsewhere.

IMG_0271.jpg

Jill called and said Trent had called her and they had arrived.

IMG_0272.jpg

They were happy to be there, especially Trent. They were given the room on the other side of Jill's, so we were all lined up together. We were just hoping for the same building, so we were very happy with what we got! :)

Drew was going to be in my room, since I had an extra bed, and Trent and Jarvis took the new room.

In the room, Brooklynn appears to be fixing Mommy's hair, and Mommy appears to halfway finished with changing Bella. The shorts haven't quite made it all the way on yet. :laughing:

IMG_0275.jpg

Sister time.

IMG_0277.jpg

Brooklynn was playing with her new Tink that she had gotten earlier.

IMG_0279.jpg

Since Trent and Jarvis didn't have a window decoration, she offered to put Tink in their window. Trent quickly nixed that idea, since they were two guys staying in that room. :laughing:

IMG_0280.jpg

We had an ADR at Teppan Edo, so after the guys had all freshened up, we loaded the whole crew and set off for Epcot.

As you can tell by this picture, in which Jarvis is soaring into Epcot, it could be that he was happy for this vacation, too!

IMG_0281.jpg

Pit stop for a potty stop for Brooklynn.

IMG_0282.jpg

Did you look in the mirror? ;)

Bella, again very excited to be at Epcot.

IMG_0283.jpg

The guys had to get their tickets, so I took a few pictures while we waited for them.

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

From Brooklynn's favorite Epcot attraction.

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

Finally, the guys had all they needed, and we were in!

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

Notice how silly you get when you've just arrived on a Disney vacation.

IMG_0295.jpg

Did you notice there was a third head hole that was not filled?

Where in 'The World' was Drew?

We did really well at the sale. It was the early shopping time for consignors. In the spring they had 1400 people who consigned so there was a ton to choose from. This time there was even more stuff. I spent under $200 for both girls entire wardrobes for the fall and winter. I will buy their Christmas dresses new because they need to match or coordinate for pictures. I will go back on the first day they have everything 50% off and see if there is anything that I really like for the price.

Since Trent and Jarvis didn't have a window decoration, she offered to put Tink in their window. Trent quickly nixed that idea, since they were two guys staying in that room. :laughing:

:lmao:

IMG_0282.jpg

I DID!! :upsidedow Hi MeMom, good to see you!

Did you notice there was a third head hole that was not filled?

Where in 'The World' was Drew?

I was wondering the same thing...I'm hoping he's just camera shy :confused3

This princess was under our Christmas tree last year along with her coach, a horse to pull it and Lucifer.
The Snow White I snapped up a couple of weeks ago.

I'd love to have this!

IMG_0244.jpg

Me too! I'll be making a trip into Nifty Fifty today. Last time I was in there they told me there was a big box of Jim Shore pieces just waiting to be opened. I really wanted to sneak back and get into them but resisted the urge.....
Do you have Nifty Fifty in your neck of the woods?

I like these pictures.

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

I bought the first one, and when I get it framed, it will go down into my Old Key West den in the spring. Old Key West gets turned into Wilderness Lodge in the fall and winter, so I'm in no hurry to have to get it framed. I'll be having it done sometime this winter.
I like the one you picked best too!:goodvibes

Watches you can have made.

IMG_0252.jpg
I would love to have something with Mr. Toad on it! He's such a dapper fellow.

IMG_0280.jpg
Aw c'mon, where's the Disney spirit?!?:rotfl2:

Pit stop for a potty stop for Brooklynn.

IMG_0282.jpg

Yep, there she is! Hiding behind that camera!

You left me wondering the same thing......
Drew, where are you???

Back to our conversation about extra activities at school. We don't have much time either. The only things the kids are actually doing on the spiders will be bending the legs (pipe cleaners) to show the segments. Then poking them into the sides of the styrofoam balls. Maybe getting to glue their faces on as well, I'm going to experiment with that today as I have always used hot glue and my teammates want the kids to do the gluing. We'll see....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter