Brooklynn takes Bella to meet Cinderella! Page 242 Downtown Disney

great update MeMom!!

Sounds like you had a great time at DTD!! Thanks for all the wonderful pictures! I can't wait for a good DTD trip next month!! Especially Goofy's! We've never been there before!

Hi! I've been lurking and reading for a bit now and thought it was time I made myself known ;) Really enjoying reading this TR and your others, Brooklynn and Bella are adorable and they definitely look 'at home' in WDW :goodvibes

I was typing at the same time your were, so sorry I missed you a few minutes ago. We love it when lurkers come on out and join in! We love getting to know new DIS friends!

Brooklynn knows her way around the place, that's for sure, and I imagine Bella will be doing the same. When we go in December, the CM at the desk will probably try to give her a First Trip button, and we will have to explain that it is actually her 3rd trip! :laughing:

At that point that the CM will look at us like we are crazy, most likely.

And most likely, that is true. ;)

Thank you soo much for all those amazing pictures of Downtown Disney!! I really felt like I was walking around for a minute (must be how early it is right now) I can't wait to be there in 26 more sleeps!!

26 days? You just got back, girl!

You are such a lucky duck to be so close and go so often!

One of these days we're going to manage to have trips booked on the same days, not just the same months.

You are up very early. Gotta work?

great update MeMom!!

Sounds like you had a great time at DTD!! Thanks for all the wonderful pictures! I can't wait for a good DTD trip next month!! Especially Goofy's! We've never been there before!

Goofy's is bright and cheerful and filled with SUGAR! You will love it!
It's also a great place to get extras to have as souvenirs. :)

MeMom, do you wear a watch? I don't really wear bracelets either but I have a few around here and I'm going to see if I can stand to wear them on the same arm as my watch. :confused3 Maybe I can stand just junking up one arm with lots of cute stuff. I think it's the keyboarding that bothers me with a bracelet. Plus I know that some of my 2nd grade girls won't be able to keep their hands off of it!;)

No bag yesterday but I did get a couple of boxes from ebay purchases.:laughing: Poor Marc just brings them in looking something like this.:sad2: Well exception of the blue color he looks exactly like that !:lmao:

Ok all caught up, againnnn! The themeing at AK is just sooo amazing. Everything is done for a reason and there's meaning behind it all. And thank you for not showing any pictures of the bats because I really hate them and they freak me out big time! (Although you did post a bird picture later in the post :laughing:)

So sad that Brooklynn couldnt ride Dinosaur. Her little face made me sad loooking at it! Good thing she made a friend so quickly to get her over it!

I've never eaten at Flame Tree before. I'm contemplating between there and Pizzafari for our next trip. Which one would you recommend? :confused3

Of course, gotta love the DTD shopping pictures! I'm definitely going to try and go to the t-shirt store this time and Once Upon a Toy is a must do as well. I know Brooklynn probably loved her My Little Ponies gift on her birthday.

Those quesadillas from Wolfgang Puck look delishhhh! :thumbsup2

The sandpails with the parks on them? I have that one, too! :thumbsup2

He said they had a great time at his party with friends. We're going to eat out with the family Monday when Jill is here.

Free the toys! :laughing:

Yep, the one with the sandpails!

Aw, glad he had a good time!

Haha, if we ever go on a trip together to WDW, "Free the toys!" is going to be the title of our TR!

Ok all caught up, againnnn! The themeing at AK is just sooo amazing. Everything is done for a reason and there's meaning behind it all. And thank you for not showing any pictures of the bats because I really hate them and they freak me out big time! (Although you did post a bird picture later in the post :laughing:)

So sad that Brooklynn couldnt ride Dinosaur. Her little face made me sad loooking at it! Good thing she made a friend so quickly to get her over it!

I've never eaten at Flame Tree before. I'm contemplating between there and Pizzafari for our next trip. Which one would you recommend? :confused3

Of course, gotta love the DTD shopping pictures! I'm definitely going to try and go to the t-shirt store this time and Once Upon a Toy is a must do as well. I know Brooklynn probably loved her My Little Ponies gift on her birthday.

We knew this would be the trip where she probably got to ride some things and not others depending on her shoes and who was measuring. She did get to ride Soarin' and Splash Mountain and they are the same height requirement as Dinosaur. We'll try again in about 6 weeks!

Normally I would say Flame Tree wit no question, but this past time was not the Flame Tree I love. They have taken the awesome corn muffin off the menu and the portions were way too small for the price. I am going to give it one more time and see if maybe it was just an off day this summer. Based on this summer though I would go with Pizzafari.

Brooklynn does love her ponies. While we were filling the box of stuff this guy came up and said to not even bother just ask the girl working to do it. He said she had gotten all 3 ponies plus everything else in the box for his daughter. John and I stuffed the box as well as we could with accesories figuring we could buy her the ponies at Walmart since there was no way they were fitting in. Then when we were paying the CM, Alexandra, asked if we had gotten everything we wanted. I took the opportunity to sya we had done the best we could but we heard she was really good. She said she had gotten pretty good since she started working there. She took our package and put it to the side and assured us that when she had a free moment she would work her magic and get all 3 ponies in there before shipping it to POP. When our package arrived the next day it was filled to the brim. She had managed to get everything in there plus the 3 ponies. It was amazing!

sure!!!! how much was it and i'll mail you a check?

I think it was like $12. It was on sale. We'll go ahead and pick it up for you in 6 weeks if they still have it and let you know for sure.

When will Ben and Hannah be back?

They got back late last night! :woohoo:
I'm glad they are home! Hannah had lots of stories to tell including seeing Bruce the shark at the aquarium. Which she followed with "he disturbs me." Ben and I were cracking up...I don't know where she gets half the things she says!

Hi MeMom!
Sorry I have not posted in a while, Toby is sleeping less in the day now he is older so I am finding I get less time online! He's also still not sleeping through the night (he was up until about 4-5 weeks ago!!!) so I am super tired these days, I feel like I've got a newborn all over again sometimes! My Mum thinks he's ready for solids but I'm not sure myself...
Great updates, I am still managing to catch up just not really read through all the comments and make them myself!
We are close to booking the accommodation for our trip in 2011 which is wonderful news. My Dad even suggested 2 weeks in a villa and then 1 weeks in Disney. I suggested POP but they quite fancy the Port Orleans FQ or the Coronado Springs! If we don't go for either, hubby has promised me a few nights at POP and still 1 night at the GF!
Sending you love and healing vibes from across the big pond for your knee.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
P.S. Thanks Jill and VandyFan for adding me to facebook!

Hi, to all my DIS Friends! :hug:

We had a great time at Myrtle Beach.
The weather was perfect and we spent most of our time shopping, swimming and eating.
Our favorite meals were at Red Robin, Steak n' Shake, Chick-Fil-A and Filling Station (pizza buffet like CiCi's) We kept it casual this time and I had just as much fun as when we ate at the more fancy places last year.

Shopping was very satisfying. With all the different stores it was hard trying to decide what to buy. I did manage to get some Disney stuff. (Halloween plushes, four bags and a Hanna Montana lunchbag for Lexi)

MyrtleBeachII027.jpg

Aug25173.jpg

Lexi found a new addiction....Myrtle Beach tees...:rotfl:...she has about 10!
She did make the Build A bear alligator "Chompy".

Aug25221.jpg

It was so beautiful and relaxing! We can't wait to go back!

MyrtleBeachII143.jpg

I'm all caught up with everything, I had to read two weeks worth of pages this morning.

* The party turned out wonderful. BrooklynnsMommy you did a GREAT job!

* I LOVED all the shopping, AK and POP pics!

* The girls are so adorable, very cute AK tees! The Bambi dress is so sweet!

* I want to eat at all of those places next year, the food looks yummy!

* Yippee! for the upgrade to POFQ, the resort looks amazing! You have a very sweet daughter!

* Hugs for the upcoming surgery, I wish you a fast recovery and I hope you get 9:09am! :hug:

* Have fun today with all the family, :bday: to Trent!

We knew this would be the trip where she probably got to ride some things and not others depending on her shoes and who was measuring. She did get to ride Soarin' and Splash Mountain and they are the same height requirement as Dinosaur. We'll try again in about 6 weeks! That's kinda weird that she got on Soarin' and Splash but couldn't get on Dinosaur even though they had the same height requirement. Was she wearing different shoes? Make sure you put the higher ones on when you're there in 6 wks! LOL

Normally I would say Flame Tree wit no question, but this past time was not the Flame Tree I love. They have taken the awesome corn muffin off the menu and the portions were way too small for the price. I am going to give it one more time and see if maybe it was just an off day this summer. Based on this summer though I would go with Pizzafari. Let me know how you feel about Flame Tree after you're there again in 6 wks. I'd rather eat there but not if its not as good as it used to be!

Brooklynn does love her ponies. While we were filling the box of stuff this guy came up and said to not even bother just ask the girl working to do it. He said she had gotten all 3 ponies plus everything else in the box for his daughter. John and I stuffed the box as well as we could with accesories figuring we could buy her the ponies at Walmart since there was no way they were fitting in. Then when we were paying the CM, Alexandra, asked if we had gotten everything we wanted. I took the opportunity to sya we had done the best we could but we heard she was really good. She said she had gotten pretty good since she started working there. She took our package and put it to the side and assured us that when she had a free moment she would work her magic and get all 3 ponies in there before shipping it to POP. When our package arrived the next day it was filled to the brim. She had managed to get everything in there plus the 3 ponies. It was amazing!

Wow thats so sweet that the CM Alexandra did that for you! That's honestly what makes Disney different from other theme parks. You would never have service like that in Six Flags or Busch Gardens. Disney stands out above the rest! :wizard:

Well I just spent most of my Labor Day weekend reading this wonderful TR!! Talk about being late to the party :sad2: Where have I been?? I have subscribed to so many TR's like LL's, CP's, Brook's etc..anyway I am here now & loving it!!

Brooklynn & Bella are just adorable!!!!
MeMom your play dough giraffe looks just like the one at POP!!:thumbsup2
The girls with their matching shirts are so cute!! Great job Jill.:thumbsup2
Bella looks so cute with her hats.:)
MeMom-glad you are taking care of that knee!! Much better to get it done before your next trip.
I DID purchase that Walt & Mickey purse on our trip in May.
Yay for POFQ!!! Our favorite resort so far!! We have stayed there the last 3 trips & we love it!!! Cannot wait to hear all about it. I am wanting to go back to Disney so bad lately & we just went in May!! Now I have to wait until the first week of May next year. Oh well I will enjoy reading all the TR's.

Got behind again. My oldest DD would have loved getting stuck on the Safari ride because of the giraffes being in the way. They're her favorites. How fun!

Too bad Brooklyn wasn't tall enough for Dinosaur. We went on three or four times in a row this year - no wait at all. My youngest kept wanting to go but she kept her eyes closed the whole ride every time.

Thanks for the DTD shopping pics. Put me in the mood for some Disney shopping, but we have no Disney Store here anymore. Sad!

That was nice of that CM to take the time to stuff all the ponies in there for Brooklyn.

Enjoy your birthday celebration day with your family. And we'll keep you in our prayers on Wednesday.

Alice

Oh MeMom and Jill, I'm sorry I've gotten behind. Happy belated birthday to Trent. I hope had had a nice time celebrating.:)

Thanks for all of the wonderful shopping pictures. I'm going to show Amelia the picture of all of the clay bead bracelets. They're cousins to her AK bracelet.

So sorry that Brooklyn didn't make it onto Dinosaur. I'm sure she'll be tall enough very soon, though. Her dinosaur friend looks like a good listener.

I did . I got the Halloween bag and the Love Your Mother bag, and then I had to get a Toy Story shirt for Connor to wear when we go see Toy Story 3D and Toy Story 3.

We went today to get Brooklynn a new Little Mermaid dress for Halloween. She is very pleased with it, and she loves her magic wand. Trent told her Ariel didn't have a wand, and she got the funniest look on her face. I told her to tell him she did have a magic wand especially for poofing aggravating uncles away!

The Halloween bags are so cute, and they make us even more ready to be at Disney World in six weeks! :goodvibes

MeMom, do you wear a watch? I don't really wear bracelets either but I have a few around here and I'm going to see if I can stand to wear them on the same arm as my watch. :confused3 Maybe I can stand just junking up one arm with lots of cute stuff. I think it's the keyboarding that bothers me with a bracelet. Plus I know that some of my 2nd grade girls won't be able to keep their hands off of it!;)

No bag yesterday but I did get a couple of boxes from ebay purchases.:laughing: Poor Marc just brings them in looking something like this.:sad2: Well exception of the blue color he looks exactly like that !:lmao:

I used to wear a watch a long time ago, but I just gave up all jewelry but earrings. I would snag bracelets and watches at school, so I just quit wearing them. Saved me a lot of money, so I just never picked it back up.

My school kids get a kick out of all the fun earrings I wear. I have Mickey, Minnie, Eeyore, andTigger ones, and assorted Mickey head loops and small earrings. Well, the girls like them. The boys don't care on way or the other about my earrings! :laughing:

I hope you get the bag tomorrow. Maybe it was a 4-7 day thing, and since this was a holiday weekend, it'll be a little slower. It went out Wed. afternoon, so if you don't get it in a few days, we'll trace its path and find it.

Ok all caught up, againnnn! The themeing at AK is just sooo amazing. Everything is done for a reason and there's meaning behind it all. And thank you for not showing any pictures of the bats because I really hate them and they freak me out big time! (Although you did post a bird picture later in the post

I've never eaten at Flame Tree before. I'm contemplating between there and Pizzafari for our next trip. Which one would you recommend?

Those quesadillas from Wolfgang Puck look delishhhh!

Maybe I'll get you some bat pictures this next time! :laughing:

We like both. We have decided to try Restaurantosaurus this time after reading about it on Jackie's report. Pizzafari is indoors andhas great decorations for pictures, so I might go with that.

She did love her ponies, and Jill has them in a special box up high so that Bella can't get any little pieces in her mouth. Brooklynn can only play with them at certain times in certain places, so they should stay new and fun for a while.

sure!!!! how much was it and i'll mail you a check?

Like Jill said, we'll get them and deal with the money later.

Yep, the one with the sandpails!

Aw, glad he had a good time!

Haha, if we ever go on a trip together to WDW, "Free the toys!" is going to be the title of our TR!

I love the sandpail picture! Anyone can have a sandpail picture, but only lucky people have the four parks sandpails! :cool1:

If we ever go freeing toys together, we might end up seeing what Disney jail looks like! :laughing:

They got back late last night! :woohoo:
I'm glad they are home! Hannah had lots of stories to tell including seeing Bruce the shark at the aquarium. Which she followed with "he disturbs me." Ben and I were cracking up...I don't know where she gets half the things she says!

That is funny! Little ears are ever listening, and they pick up some crazy things. Brooklynn visited 'Bruce' at our Aquarium today, too!

I bet she missed her little brother, didn't she? Did she shower him with kisses and hugs upon her return?

We are close to booking the accommodation for our trip in 2011 which is wonderful news. My Dad even suggested 2 weeks in a villa and then 1 weeks in Disney. I suggested POP but they quite fancy the Port Orleans FQ or the Coronado Springs! If we don't go for either, hubby has promised me a few nights at POP and still 1 night at the GF!
Sending you love and healing vibes from across the big pond for your knee.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
P.S. Thanks Jill and VandyFan for adding me to facebook!

Sorry Toby is not cooperating with your sleep plans. Hopefully, he will outgrow it soon!

Can't wait until you book. Then it'll be really fun to talk Disney. One night at the Grand will be fabulous!

Facebook is a neat way to catch up with old friends and make some new ones!

Hi, to all my DIS Friends! :hug:

We had a great time at Myrtle Beach.
The weather was perfect and we spent most of our time shopping, swimming and eating.
Our favorite meals were at Red Robin, Steak n' Shake, Chick-Fil-A and Filling Station (pizza buffet like CiCi's) We kept it casual this time and I had just as much fun as when we ate at the more fancy places last year.

Shopping was very satisfying. With all the different stores it was hard trying to decide what to buy. I did manage to get some Disney stuff. (Halloween plushes, four bags and a Hanna Montana lunchbag for Lexi)

Lexi found a new addiction....Myrtle Beach tees...:rotfl:...she has about 10!
She did make the Build A bear alligator "Chompy".

Aug25221.jpg

It was so beautiful and relaxing! We can't wait to go back!

I'm all caught up with everything, I had to read two weeks worth of pages this morning.

* The party turned out wonderful. BrooklynnsMommy you did a GREAT job!

* I LOVED all the shopping, AK and POP pics!

* The girls are so adorable, very cute AK tees! The Bambi dress is so sweet!

* I want to eat at all of those places next year, the food looks yummy!

* Yippee! for the upgrade to POFQ, the resort looks amazing! You have a very sweet daughter!

* Hugs for the upcoming surgery, I wish you a fast recovery and I hope you get 9:09am! :hug:

* Have fun today with all the family, :bday: to Trent!

Sounds like you guys had much fun. I love the alligator, and his name is perfect!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Yes, I have a very sweet daughter. :love:

I want my surgery to be at 12:01 a.m., because they are telling me I can't drink after midnight, and I'm stressing about that. I drink so much water all day long. I think that will be the worst part!

Wow thats so sweet that the CM Alexandra did that for you! That's honestly what makes Disney different from other theme parks. You would never have service like that in Six Flags or Busch Gardens. Disney stands out above the rest! :wizard:

I don't know if I could even give a Six Flags an honest chance any more. I think I would be very let down. I would like to take my gang to Dollywood sometime, though, and see how it is, because I hear good things about it.

Well I just spent most of my Labor Day weekend reading this wonderful TR!! Talk about being late to the party. Where have I been?? I have subscribed to so many TR's like LL's, CP's, Brook's etc..anyway I am here now & loving it!!

Brooklynn & Bella are just adorable!!!!
MeMom your play dough giraffe looks just like the one at POP!!
The girls with their matching shirts are so cute!! Great job Jill.
Bella looks so cute with her hats.:)
MeMom-glad you are taking care of that knee!! Much better to get it done before your next trip.
I DID purchase that Walt & Mickey purse on our trip in May.
Yay for POFQ!!! Our favorite resort so far!! We have stayed there the last 3 trips & we love it!!! Cannot wait to hear all about it. I am wanting to go back to Disney so bad lately & we just went in May!! Now I have to wait until the first week of May next year. Oh well I will enjoy reading all the TR's.

We are so happy yo have you along! Jill is looking for ideas for shirts for the October trip, but she doesn't have a lot of time, so we'll see.

Do people ask you about your purse? What a fun way to talk about Disney!

We are looking forward to POFQ. New picture opportunities are always welcome.

Just walking around the mall today was painful. I'll be glad to walk right again!

Got behind again. My oldest DD would have loved getting stuck on the Safari ride because of the giraffes being in the way. They're her favorites. How fun!

Too bad Brooklyn wasn't tall enough for Dinosaur. We went on three or four times in a row this year - no wait at all. My youngest kept wanting to go but she kept her eyes closed the whole ride every time.

Thanks for the DTD shopping pics. Put me in the mood for some Disney shopping, but we have no Disney Store here anymore. Sad!

That was nice of that CM to take the time to stuff all the ponies in there for Brooklyn.

Enjoy your birthday celebration day with your family. And we'll keep you in our prayers on Wednesday.

Alice

This time, Brooklynn has decided she wants to try Test Track. We'll see what happens with the height thing on that one.

They closed Jill's Disney Store, too, so she goes to the one here every time she is in town.

Thanks for the prayers!

Oh MeMom and Jill, I'm sorry I've gotten behind. Happy belated birthday to Trent. I hope had had a nice time celebrating.

Thanks for all of the wonderful shopping pictures. I'm going to show Amelia the picture of all of the clay bead bracelets. They're cousins to her AK bracelet.

So sorry that Brooklyn didn't make it onto Dinosaur. I'm sure she'll be tall enough very soon, though. Her dinosaur friend looks like a good listener.

No problem. You've been celebrating things of your own.

Those bracelets kind of make me want to wear jewelry again, but see, that costs money! I'm sticking to my earrings only rule! :laughing:

She got over the dinosaur disappointment after a few minutes, but she was quite disappointed at first. We've already talked about that for this trip, too. We told her we didn't get to decide, and we just have to follow the rules, and eventually she'll be big enough to ride them all. :)

We had a nice day today. Jill and her clan came last night. I got to spend a couple of hours alone with Bella early this morning so Jill could go back to sleep for a while. I loved cuddling with her and listening to her 'talk'. She growls, so I told Jill the POFQ people are going to have reports of a baby bobcat on the loose while we are there!

Jill proceeded to be funny and say they would also have reports of a bear, referring to my snoring.

Funny, funny Jill!

Drew had spent the night with friends, Trent went out to do errands, and the rest of us were at the house. We all met up at Demos' to eat Trent's birthday lunch. It was very good, and the ticket when we go out to places in the real world is never as much as those Disney meals we do, so it's always a nice surprise when the check comes. ;)

The guys left, and Jill's bunch and I went to Opry Mills to check on an Ariel costume for Brooklynn. It was on sale, so that was nice. We took a trip around the mall, saying hi to Bruce, the shark, at the Aquarium. One day Brooklynn will learn that he is not Bruce, but for now, he is Bruce. We rode the carousel and got a chocolate treat from Rocky Mountain Fudge. Jill got the girls a couple of dresses each. Then we came home and hung out for a short time before they needed to get on the road.

I just talked to our cousins that are going to WDW the same week as we are. They are beginning their planning, so they are full of questions, and they were giddy with excitement tonight. It was cute. We plan to hook up with them 2-3-4 times throughout the trip to do some things together. It will be fun, as we have never been there with them before.

I have much work to do at school and at home tonight and tomorrow to get ready for Wednesday. I hope to put up more pictures soon, but it could be later this week before I get to it.

Have a good rest of the evening!

Awww, I love Brooklyn's ID necklace! Such a good idea!
I could just look at all your shopping pictures all day!!! I always see something that I HAVE to have...okay, not that I have to have but that I would LIKE to have! :rotfl2:

How is your knee feeling MeMom? I have been thinking about you! :goodvibes

Awww, I love Brooklyn's ID necklace! Such a good idea!
I could just look at all your shopping pictures all day!!! I always see something that I HAVE to have...okay, not that I have to have but that I would LIKE to have! :rotfl2:

How is your knee feeling MeMom? I have been thinking about you! :goodvibes

There's so much to shop for. I will really be in for trouble on the Halloween and Christmas trips, since they have even more awesome stuff!

My knee? How can I describe it?
Kind of like there is an open box cutter inside. That's the best way I can think to tell what the pain feels like.
When the knee bends, the box cutter slices, so the smaller the steps, the less the pain.

I walk like a penguin....only slower. :laughing:

Oh gosh, that box cutter analogy is killing me. I feel so bad for all you've had to go through. How many days are you making sub plans for? That's always such a pain! I'd rather go to school sick than make sub plans. I guess it would be kind of hard for you to teach while having surgery so the sub plans are a must!:laughing:
I'm counting on the bag coming tomorrow, I'm going to be in such a funk taking our little babies out to the wildlife rescue....It will be just the thing to cheer me up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter