Brooklynn takes Bella to meet Cinderella! Page 242 Downtown Disney

:cool1::cool1:POFQ!!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Lots of great pics soon to come. Even the view from our room. Building 6 was fabulous!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your pictures and hearing about your trip!

:cheer2: Yay for POFQ! I think it looks so pretty there!

We think so, too. We love the shaded streets and the pretty buildings.
Gotta watch out, though, because there are gators all over that place!

Yay for POFQ! You'll love it there!! It's beautiful!!!:cloud9:

WOW....only 7 more weeks, time will fly.......:banana:

I bet the next two weeks will, for sure, as I finish all my testing and try to prepare fore a sub!

I almost dropped my mug of tea when I read that bit about off-site. I should have known better! ;)

Hurray for POFQ -- you know we love it there -- it's our favorite moderate and the only hotel on Disney property we have ever stayed at twice.

Okay, I am done cluttering up your TR, but I am super excited about where you are staying. :goodvibes

Was your tea in a Disney mug? If so, I'm glad you didn't drop it and break it! Disney mugs aren't cheap! :laughing:

We will be happy with any of those buildings, I know! :)

You can clutter all you want. We're happy to see many pictures to help build our excitement.

I second CPs words! I think POFQ is the best resort Moderate wise for kids the age of Brooklynn. Fun playground, not too spread out, fantastic boat ride... I am super excited for you all! (and terribly excited to see all the pictures of my favorite Moderate too)

I'm sure we will be spending some time on the playground. This is going to be a fun and relaxing trip, so there will be lots of down time for simple things.

The boat ride to DTD is fun, too, instead of just the usual old bus.

I'm trying to wait patiently for your report and pictures!!! :rotfl:

I check every day to see if they have started! :goodvibes

WOW POFQ your going to love it there. I actually thought about staying at POFQ we love it there. Also can't beat the boat. Then we would of been able to meet up for sure. But no could do with DH he said dolphin on points. So thats what we have booked as of now but it's still nice and it does have the boat to DHS and Epcot. It's just we satyed there in nov and may too. Maybe the swan?:confused3

We said this summer we were going to walk through the Swan and Dolphin, but we never did.

We are getting ever closer!

Oooh it's definately going to be on the list for ideas!

There are so many things to do. People that just go once or twice in a lifetime don't even scratch the surface.

Hi memom I almost forgot something BTW this is like the 5th time I started a new page on here:wizard::surfweb:.
I'm glad you finally have a date and now you will be dancing at Disney for sure. I know how you feel about the machine. Not fun. But it pays off once your at Disney:thumbsup2 I'm also currently reading your nov TR so many of our days overlapt. DTD, MK, and thats all I'm up toopopcorn::

I hope you are enjoying the report. I need to go back and look at some old ones sometime just to watch Brooklynn grow up all over again!

Phew - caught up! I am new to your reports - I've "seen" you around on other trip reports and the POP thread, so I thought I'd check you all out :) The girls are so cute!

Here we are! We're glad to have you along!

Thanks for the comment on the girls. We think they're pretty special little girlies, and we love sharing their Disney fun with our DIS friends.

Hi MeMom! I got behind by like 10 pages but I'm all caught up now. Just wanted to wish you good luck on your knee surgery. I'm so happy to hear that you'll be in much less pain.

Congrats at staying at POFQ too!! It looks sooo beautiful there. Definitely on my list of must try resorts. :thumbsup2

Glad you guys like Tusker House. That's one of my favorite restaurants in WDW. Can't wait to hear more...and you're only at the beginning of the trip! :goodvibes :woohoo:

What do you have for October? Did we decide it was going to work out for us to meet or not?

Our Schedule so far (subject to change of course :lmao::
Oct 13-Arrival Day
Oct 14-Ohana for dinner
Oct 15-Crystal Palace for dinner and MNSSHP
Oct 16-Coral Reef for dinner
Oct 17-Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast
Oct 18-Departure day (flight leaves at 5:30pm, so ME around 2:30?)

We (I) haven't really decided what parks we are going to do when, yet. We will probably run to HS on the 13 for Fantasmic! We will probably do MK the morning of the 14 (Ann and Sloane like this to be their official "first day park") We are going to try to open HS one day for TSMM and EPCOT for Soarin'. I'm going to try to work on an itinerary this week, so as soon as I figure it out, I will let you know, but I would really like to meet up with you and Jill and the girls at some point.

Have a good Sunday!

~Katie

Aw shucks. I didn't get to see your surprised face!

I'll probably walk to Riverside early one morning, too.

If you do, I can't wait to see those pictures! We might have to make a quick trip there to try the beignets and just to visit it again.

Oh, and I looked at the Cape May breakfast menu. It is now definitely on the list of places that I am "considering." I need to make a list, I'm getting confused. :laughing:

Woo hoo!! We loved POFQ too. That will be a wonderful place to take early AM walks at. Although I did walk around, I am looking forward to seeing it through your eyes.

9-9-09 was Aileen's due date. I am aure that will make it a wonderful day for surgery (as if surgery could ever be wonderul ;))!

"Thanks for all the well wishes for the knee repair. I'm sure it will be nothing. They go over all the formal stuff with you, even for a small procedure. You know, the 'you'll be under anesthesia so you could die, but you probably won't' speech. And then there was the secondary, 'you could get a blood clot and die, but you probably won't' speech."

Don't you love that! I just heard that same speech last month. But it will be worth it if it makes things better for Disney! That was my thought anyway:lmao:

POFQ!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled to hear that. I would love to stay there and I can't wait to see your pictures. I love the theming of Caribbean Beach, but so many people say that it is a ton of walking. Coronado Springs doesn't look too kid friendly (even though the pool looks awesome). So I think I would choose POFQ if I the choice too. Actually, I would choose Animal Kingdom if I had the choice, but that will very likely NEVER happen!:lmao: But I will take Disney at POP over staying home in North Carolina ANY day!!! :cloud9:

So why did you choose French Quater over Riverside? I'd love to know what the difference is between them.

Got a little behind this week, but I'm putting in another vote for Fountain Picture #2. And I LOVE the palm tree in the puddle picture. I think it also deserves a place in the collage.

We did Tusker House for the first time this summer and loved it too. The theming is great and seeing the streets without the crowds is definitely worth getting up early. Early for us - not for you!

Brooklyn the Blur was so cute. I think I'm that excited on the inside when I see Mickey Mouse too.

Good luck with the knee surgery next week. Glad that everything will be taken care of before your October trip. And congrats on the resort switch. We've stayed at Riverside before but not French Quarter. Another reason to go back - have to stay at every resort at least once!

That'll do. I can't believe I'm wasting a whole surgery and not getting out of testing. Maybe I should schedule it for next September and time it a little better! ;)

No MAM!! You are not allowed ;) You'll be so glad to have this fixed and behind you.....but remember you MUST be good at doing your exercises. Will not get any better if you don't do those wonderful, fun things!! :rolleyes:

Have fun at the concert! Who is going? Just you and Matt?

I went with one of my best friends Erin and her sister. We had a WONDERFUL time. Sugarland opened for him and they were AWESOME!! Will have pictures up later :thumbsup2

OCTOBER TRIP NEWS:
she put us in

Port
Orleans
French
Quarter!

HOW EXCITING!!! :yay:

That is where Matt and I stayed in Dec '07 and I :love:ed it!!! Such a pretty place, small and cozy. Its so nice. Not sure of the price now but when we were there you could get the beignets as a snack credit.....VERY dangerous!!!

Hi MeMom! I got behind by like 10 pages but I'm all caught up now. Just wanted to wish you good luck on your knee surgery. I'm so happy to hear that you'll be in much less pain.

Congrats at staying at POFQ too!! It looks sooo beautiful there. Definitely on my list of must try resorts.

Glad you guys like Tusker House. That's one of my favorite restaurants in WDW. Can't wait to hear more...and you're only at the beginning of the trip!

Thanks. About ten days from now I'll probably be really hurting, but them about ten days from that I should be feeling really great!

Jill and I have talked about staying there someday, and I guess she just decided it was time!

Our Schedule so far (subject to change of course
Oct 13-Arrival Day
Oct 14-Ohana for dinner
Oct 15-Crystal Palace for dinner and MNSSHP
Oct 16-Coral Reef for dinner
Oct 17-Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast
Oct 18-Departure day (flight leaves at 5:30pm, so ME around 2:30?)

We (I) haven't really decided what parks we are going to do when, yet. We will probably run to HS on the 13 for Fantasmic! We will probably do MK the morning of the 14 (Ann and Sloane like this to be their official "first day park") We are going to try to open HS one day for TSMM and EPCOT for Soarin'. I'm going to try to work on an itinerary this week, so as soon as I figure it out, I will let you know, but I would really like to meet up with you and Jill and the girls at some point.

Have a good Sunday!

~Katie

Okay, looking at that, we might meet you before you go into CRT on the 17th. I think we will be in Magic Kingdom that day. What time is your ADR?

You'll recognize us, won't you? :)

If you do, I can't wait to see those pictures! We might have to make a quick trip there to try the beignets and just to visit it again.

Oh, and I looked at the Cape May breakfast menu. It is now definitely on the list of places that I am "considering." I need to make a list, I'm getting confused.

This is a short trip, but I feel sure I will make at least one walk from POFQ to POR during the stay.

The fruit there was so good, and Jill has talked about how incredible the omelet was.

Woo hoo!! We loved POFQ too. That will be a wonderful place to take early AM walks at. Although I did walk around, I am looking forward to seeing it through your eyes.

9-9-09 was Aileen's due date. I am aure that will make it a wonderful day for surgery (as if surgery could ever be wonderul )!

Okay, you'll have to give me a new picture of Aileen and the boys so I can remember those sweet faces as I'm drifting off under the anesthesia...

where I could die! :laughing:

Don't you love that! I just heard that same speech last month. But it will be worth it if it makes things better for Disney! That was my thought anyway:lmao:

POFQ!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled to hear that. I would love to stay there and I can't wait to see your pictures. I love the theming of Caribbean Beach, but so many people say that it is a ton of walking. Coronado Springs doesn't look too kid friendly (even though the pool looks awesome). So I think I would choose POFQ if I the choice too. Actually, I would choose Animal Kingdom if I had the choice, but that will very likely NEVER happen!:lmao: But I will take Disney at POP over staying home in North Carolina ANY day!!! :cloud9:

So why did you choose French Quater over Riverside? I'd love to know what the difference is between them.

And you lived to tell about it! :yay:
I plan to, too! ;)
I can't let a little thing like dying get in the way of our October trip! :dance3:

Jill has stayed at Riverside before - I think on an anniversary trip. I'd be fine with either, since I've stayed at neither, but we've just talked about French Quarter, since we both think it has a certain charm to it.

As we left Tusker House, the rope was being dropped, so we filed in with the crowd and made our way to Kilimanjaro Safari.

We were on the last seat in the first jeep.

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

I wish I could get a good croc picture.
I hope my new camera has a kids and crocodiles setting, because I never get good pictures here.

IMG_0079.jpg

Ankole cattle.

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

Oh look, there's a giraffe!

IMG_0085.jpg

Little did we know how much giraffe time we would be getting.

Fuzzy mandrill picture.

IMG_0087.jpg

Doesn't this elephant look like he has a bored look on his face?

IMG_0089.jpg

At this point, the jeep stopped.

IMG_0090.jpg

The driver could not go further, as there were several giraffes making their way across the field and across the road.

They were enjoying some breakfast.

IMG_0093.jpg

And enjoying it some more.

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

And they were in no hurry to leave their fine tree buffet.

IMG_0098.jpg

As a matter of fact, it seems that they had even invited some friends over.

IMG_0100.jpg

Right beside me, another one appeared.

IMG_0103.jpg

I think he was asking us to kindly move our jeep so that he could make it to his meal.

Continued next post.

He finally walked around the jeep.

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

Meanwhile the CM had called for help in convincing our giraffe friends that breakfast was over.

A truck came out to help move them along.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

A few of the giraffes must have known what the arrival of the truck meant, because they began to 'skeedaddle' right away!

IMG_0116.jpg

One paid the truck no attention, and another wwas undecided as to what he would do.

IMG_0117.jpg

Marching back to where they belong.

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

The truck went past,

IMG_0123.jpg

and when he thought it was all clear, this guy went back!

IMG_0124.jpg

The CM finally coaxed him away with some more yummy greens.

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Progress.

IMG_0133.jpg

Goodbye, stubborn giraffe. It was pretty cool to see you, though.

IMG_0137.jpg

The truck stayed a second to be sure the giraffes really were moving.

IMG_0139.jpg

Then it was on to other animals.

IMG_0144.jpg

The rhino decided he wanted to cross the road, too, but he was kind enough to go in behind us.

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

There were no good lion pictures for me this time.

And the last little bit.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

Brooklynn does not like the geysers for some reason.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

So, that was our safari. A little heavy on giraffe and light on lion, but good. The two weeks were cut short, as they so often are, by poachers, and we were deposited back at the loading dock with a 'Kwaharini', or something to that effect.

Next up: Pangani Trail.

Some may complain about the hold up of the safari but most would consider it lucky to see those animals up close. :thumbsup2

It seems that stubborn giraffe was trying to see what he( or she) can get away with but finally gave in when the " good yummy greens" came out.
Maybe it was a giraffe dare to see who could make the truck come out?

Was the last seat as bumpy as some say? I don't recall ever sitting in the back myself but I do remember being tossed around in other seats enough so that all my pictures were a blur. :rotfl:

Such fantastic pictures of the giraffes. I would love to do the Safari they offer at AKL someday...

The stubborn giraffes are too funny! Especially the one that came back out as soon as it thought the truck was gone! I'd love to see them that close.

Sometimes giraffes remind me of second graders....
As usual, loved the update MeMom. Hmmmm, I wonder if Brooklynn thinks the water might be hot in that scary geyser....

Great pictures of the giraffes, the think they are more like 7th graders and were in their own little world with all their peers. I look forward to the pictures of the animals on the trail.

Wow those are great safari pics! I can't believe how those giraffes held you guys up! Thats crazy :laughing: Its so cool how the CMs just come out in the truck and know how to make them disperse LOL

Those darn lions are so hard to get pictures of!

The Port Orleans Resorts are beautiful. We stayed at the Riverside, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Check my TR for pics!

Great giraffe pictures! I bet it was neat to see them up close!

And to who asked about the last seat....yes it is bumpy!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter