Brooklynn takes Bella to meet Cinderella! Page 242 Downtown Disney

Thanks for the shopping trip MeMom! I think I will be on the lookout for the Alice t-shirt in December!
I hope you are feeling much better when you get up in the morning and the doctor tells you that he can have you all fixed up in time for your October trip!

Did Brooklynn give herself a squirt with that misting fan?

Great update and pictures! :thumbsup2 It must be getting hard to find new things to photograph!

Looking forward to the next installment...

Denise

Bella just looks at everyone like they're crazy sometime, and she's kinda right!

That's interesting that you have a number in mind on your pictures. I just snap. I don't count. A lot of those 5100 will bw repeats so that I can pick the best one, so it will be narrowed down.
She's probably thinking will she put down the camera sometime soon:rotfl2:.
And yes I plan EVERYTHING right down to our ride order. :upsidedow
I'll have 3 cameras and 3 photographers so expect hopefully over 2000 pictures in my TR. I'm suprised the CMs don't stare at you taking merchandise pictures. I was taking pictures in the store next to magic of disney animation and lil mermaid and the Cm just gave me a 'Why on earth are you taking pictures? Do you work for the other place please stop!' look on her face
:confused3

Love your shopping pictures! They're dangerous though. You had a picture of an Alice in Wonderland cup and saucer on one of your other TRs and I searched all over for it this summer. Looked in all the places I remembered you saying you saw it. No luck. Finally found it at World of Disney on our last day there. There were only about five or six of them left. It was really the only souvenir I wanted so I wasn't leaving without it. It is now sitting happily with all its Alice collectible friends. My mom bought me one doll years ago and it has grown into quite a collection of different things. I'm waiting for a Jim Shore "Alice". All I've seen is the Cheshire Cat, which I might end up getting. Anyway, sorry for going on and on.

I hope you're feeling better and can enjoy Brooklyn's Nemo party this weekend. We're celebrating my oldest daughter's 13th tomorrow night with family. It's a little late but the only time everyone could get together.

Good luck at the doctor tomorrow too.

STOP!!!!!!!

MeMom is very sick and apparently the fever she has been fighting has made her delusional! Let me help your memory MeMom!

Remember this:

IMG_1981.jpg

Remember now.

I'll share with everyone else while you hang your head in shame for forgetting such an important event.

When we got to Magic Kingdom MeMom had to get her annual pass. She was using one of the pass along savings cards from me and a Visa rewards card. She wasn't sure of the exact amount on the card and so the CM had to call and get the balance because it was less than the price of the pass. Anyway it took a little while, but we were in Disney World and we had allotted time for this. Mom was chatting with the CM and the people at the windows on either side of her were not being very nice to their CM's. Mom told the lady helping her that she lucked out and got her instead of one of the other people. The lady agreed and when she got finished taking care of Mom's pass she also gave her this certificate that was an instant fastpass for any ride we wanted.

SO after the parade we did head through the castle AND we did head over to Peter Pan AND there was a long line, but we did NOT go shopping we went flying over Neverland. We turned in our instant fastpass and we all soared over Neverland making Peter Pan Bella's first ride.

THEN we went shopping and I bought that Alice shirt. Not at Sir Mickey's but at World of Disney where I get a discount.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled trip report already in progress.

Great update! I love it when you post your shopping photos! I think I've already picked out a few things that I want to try to buy on my next trip based on your pics! That Alice t-shirt you posted is SO cute and I absolutely LOVE the mug that you said you and Jill have. I want to get that for sure. I always use my coffee mugs as pen/pencil holders, too, since I don't really drink coffee.

I had to laugh at your comments on the Mickey snow globe, though. Poor Mickey! You really do dislike snow globes, don't you? :rotfl:

Poor MeMom! Feeling poorly and having memory issues...:sick: Great score on the magical fast passes! I'm glad Bella got to ride Peter Pan with no wait!

STOP!!!!!!!

MeMom is very sick and apparently the fever she has been fighting has made her delusional! Let me help your memory MeMom!

Remember this:

IMG_1981.jpg

Remember now.

I stand corrected. I have spent the better part of this week coughing so hard that my brain has banged into my skull a few thousand times, so I am deficit in the memory department.

Now that you have used your lovely purple (or is it lavender blue dilly dilly?) writing to jar my memory, I do recall. I was thinking we rode Peter Pan on the SPECIAL FASTPASSES we were given at Crystal Palace, but those are yet to come.

And might I add, the fever has nothing to do with my delusionalness. I'm delusional without a fever. :)

somehow i missed this.

At the kiddie pool, there was one beach ball and several kiddies, so I went in and got another beach ball and a couple of plastic boats so that they all could play together with different things. They had a blast with the less than ten dollar purchase.

what a sweet thing to do! :goodvibes

So we consoled ourselves with some shopping.

what else????

Does anyone know who might like this shirt?

IMG_0136.jpg

um........no idea. :rolleyes1

I looked at and almost bought this purse a few times, but never did. I'm wanting something more subtle in its Disneyness, but I still think it's cool.

IMG_0138.jpg

i LOVE this purse! i've been eyeing it for about 2 years now.

STOP!!!!!!!

Remember this:

IMG_1981.jpg

Remember now.

I'll share with everyone else while you hang your head in shame for forgetting such an important event.

When we got to Magic Kingdom MeMom had to get her annual pass. She was using one of the pass along savings cards from me and a Visa rewards card. She wasn't sure of the exact amount on the card and so the CM had to call and get the balance because it was less than the price of the pass. Anyway it took a little while, but we were in Disney World and we had allotted time for this. Mom was chatting with the CM and the people at the windows on either side of her were not being very nice to their CM's. Mom told the lady helping her that she lucked out and got her instead of one of the other people. The lady agreed and when she got finished taking care of Mom's pass she also gave her this certificate that was an instant fastpass for any ride we wanted.

SO after the parade we did head through the castle AND we did head over to Peter Pan AND there was a long line, but we did NOT go shopping we went flying over Neverland. We turned in our instant fastpass and we all soared over Neverland making Peter Pan Bella's first ride.

THEN we went shopping and I bought that Alice shirt. Not at Sir Mickey's but at World of Disney where I get a discount.

so cool! i'm so glad bella's first ride was such a classic. what great disney mojo. i love it that disney rewards those that show genuine decency because unfortunately it is uncommon in the real world. once when we were getting on space mountain, we stopped right before we got into the queue so ray could finish his frozen coke. the CM saw us and when we passed him he stopped us and gave us a fastpass for 3 people to use for space mountain at ANY time. he said he just wanted to do something nice for us since he didn't have to tell us to throw away our beverage before getting in the queue. he said he gets attitude about that all day long. it was so nice to be rewarded for good behavior! :laughing:

by the way, i was on facebook earlier tonight and trent was on there and started up a chat with me. he's such a sweet guy! :)

See what they do to Mickey? He earns them all this money and they go and stuff him in little glass balls and drown him!!!

Ugh, they should know this bothers people like me and you! Don't forget our plan to get together and SAVE them! :thumbsup2

Knowing that Peter Pan would have a huge line, we stupidly walked over to see if it had a long line.

It did.
Duh.

:rotfl2: You make me laugh with those short sentences...It did....Duh...It's alright for checking! You never know, a miracle could've happened the second you were there and the line just magically opened up for you, MeMom and Jill. :laughing:

I am kicking myself for not buying something for my pencils/pens! That mug would have been great!

Awww, that's great that you got a special Fastpass!

That mug that you guys ended up getting is really cute. I use my refillable mug from our 2008 trip to hold all my Sharpies on my desk. :goodvibes I'm going to be on the lookout for that one when we go.

Hi MeMom,
Love your latest udpate and all the pics!!!! Thanks for taking us shopping with you!!!!Love the mug you bought, too cute!! And what a great way to use it every day!!! The pics you took of the castle and the family (lol!) you were following came out cute, and yes, Brooklynn could have used some shades!! Can't wait to see/hear more!!!

Hope you're feeling okay!!!

I use it five days a week the way it is now. As a regular mug, I would have only used it in the winter drinking hot chocolate and not very often, at that. I'm not a coffee drinker. Drew might have used it, but he's famous for taking cups/mugs off with him and never returning with them, and I would have had to harm him if he did that with a nice Magic Kingdom Main Street mug. So, for my enjoyment and Drew's safety, the mug is a pencil/pen holder. :)

You know I am!!! I have already realized that I really like the mug with all the characters on Main Street -- where did you find yours? I think that would make a great addition to my Disney coffee mug collection.

I hope you feel better soon, MeMom!

Jill, I can't wait to see the pictures of Brooklyn's cake!

I believe they had them at Sir Mickey's and The Emporium. Probably other places, too. Hope you find one in October!

I'm anxious to see the cake, too!

4.gif
OH
4.gif
Oh....I know!!!
4.gif

I hope you getting to feeling better very soon!!

Your smilies look like some of my students. :laughing:

I hope I do, too. This has managed to hold on all week.

long lost georgia friend checking in here.

sorry i've been gone. my boss is out on maternity leave and i'm covering for her and it's been CRAZY! i didn't have time to read everything but i did find the updates.

anyway, congrats on the october trip! can't wait to hear all about it.

memom - so glad you went to the doctor about your knee. glad to hear it's nothing really really serious. keep us updated on it!

and miss brooklynn, i'm sooooooooooo sorry i missed your big day! loved the birthday pics....looks like a fun time!

happy belated birthday from me!!!!!!

disneyprincessbirthdayglitter.gif

such cute pictures on the airplane of bella and brooklynn. :goodvibes and i love bella's big floppy hat. i'm sure it was great for keeping the florida summer sun out of her little eyes....and cute to boot!

so cool that both my favorite disney movies EVER are on the same float now!

this is sooooooooooo cute!!!!!! from now on whenever i'm in court and i see an attorney i don't like i'm going to start saying, "tick tock tick tock" very quietly under my breath.

I know you have been working non-stop lately. I hope you can enjoy your weekend.

Yeah, send the bad people away with your tick-tock. Then record the faces of the people standing near you who hear you say it! :laughing:

We haven't had a lot of discussion about the October trip because we've been so busy, but when August changes to September, I bet we'll take on a whole new excitement! August is always such a long month to me.

Those little Princesses are so cute!

Thanks for the shopping trip MeMom! I think I will be on the lookout for the Alice t-shirt in December!
I hope you are feeling much better when you get up in the morning and the doctor tells you that he can have you all fixed up in time for your October trip!

Did Brooklynn give herself a squirt with that misting fan?

I'm always up for some window shopping, as you know!

The fever finally feels under control. The cough is subsiding ever so slowly. It sounds like that gross congested cough, though. I know I am such a pleasure to be around right now.

Brooklynn tried to spray herself, but her fingers aren't strong enough for those big ones yet. Jill said she had a little one for her back at the room.

Great update and pictures! It must be getting hard to find new things to photograph!

Looking forward to the next installment...

Denise

I sometimes think to myself, "Haven't I taken a picture of this before?"
The answer is probably most always yes. :laughing:

She's probably thinking will she put down the camera sometime soonAnd yes I plan EVERYTHING right down to our ride order.
I'll have 3 cameras and 3 photographers so expect hopefully over 2000 pictures in my TR. I'm suprised the CMs don't stare at you taking merchandise pictures. I was taking pictures in the store next to magic of disney animation and lil mermaid and the Cm just gave me a 'Why on earth are you taking pictures? Do you work for the other place please stop!' look on her face

Probably! ;)

Love your shopping pictures! They're dangerous though. You had a picture of an Alice in Wonderland cup and saucer on one of your other TRs and I searched all over for it this summer. Looked in all the places I remembered you saying you saw it. No luck. Finally found it at World of Disney on our last day there. There were only about five or six of them left. It was really the only souvenir I wanted so I wasn't leaving without it. It is now sitting happily with all its Alice collectible friends. My mom bought me one doll years ago and it has grown into quite a collection of different things. I'm waiting for a Jim Shore "Alice". All I've seen is the Cheshire Cat, which I might end up getting. Anyway, sorry for going on and on.

I hope you're feeling better and can enjoy Brooklyn's Nemo party this weekend. We're celebrating my oldest daughter's 13th tomorrow night with family. It's a little late but the only time everyone could get together.

Good luck at the doctor tomorrow too.

I'm so glad you found your special souvenir! You've gotta get the Cheshire Cat one. What if it disappears and you spend the rest of your life wishing you had it at your house?!?!?

Happy Birthday to your TEENAGER!

Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. Thanks for the shopping pictures.

I'm secretly wishing it'll be something that is fixable quickly and without surgery. :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed the shopping pictures. There are many more to come in this report. I think I took a lot of shopping pictures this trip.

Whew! All caught up. Ladies you are off to a great start!

Ma and Dad are back! :banana: Hope you and the Newbies had a great time, and I look forward to reading all about it when you get started!

Great update! I love it when you post your shopping photos! I think I've already picked out a few things that I want to try to buy on my next trip based on your pics! That Alice t-shirt you posted is SO cute and I absolutely LOVE the mug that you said you and Jill have. I want to get that for sure. I always use my coffee mugs as pen/pencil holders, too, since I don't really drink coffee.

I had to laugh at your comments on the Mickey snow globe, though. Poor Mickey! You really do dislike snow globes, don't you?

That mug is great because it has a zillion characters on it!

Yes, I really dislike snowglobes. I was trying to overcome my fear of them by taking pictures and facing the fear head on, but nothing so far. I still dislike them. :laughing:

Poor MeMom! Feeling poorly and having memory issues... Great score on the magical fast passes! I'm glad Bella got to ride Peter Pan with no wait!

Jill is right, as I have confessed. I thought we went to ride, it was too busy, and then we went back to ride with special tickets we got from Crystal Palce, because, as you will soon see, we got special tickets there, too! :dance3:

somehow i missed this.

um........no idea.

i LOVE this purse! i've been eyeing it for about 2 years now.

so cool! i'm so glad bella's first ride was such a classic. what great disney mojo. i love it that disney rewards those that show genuine decency because unfortunately it is uncommon in the real world. once when we were getting on space mountain, we stopped right before we got into the queue so ray could finish his frozen coke. the CM saw us and when we passed him he stopped us and gave us a fastpass for 3 people to use for space mountain at ANY time. he said he just wanted to do something nice for us since he didn't have to tell us to throw away our beverage before getting in the queue. he said he gets attitude about that all day long. it was so nice to be rewarded for good behavior!

by the way, i was on facebook earlier tonight and trent was on there and started up a chat with me. he's such a sweet guy!

I thought you might know of someone who would like that shirt. Maybe even in a size bigger for maternity wear?

We figured Bella's first ride would be Dumbo, but Brooklynn wanted to ride Peter Pan, and it was indoors and cool, so that worked for us!

It's nice to get rewarded for good behavior, especially in Disney World!

Trent is an awesome guy. He's fun to be around - a great sense of humor, a gentle heart, good at everything he attempts, easy to talk to, and would do anything for you. (Except when he's tired. Save your requests for when he's rested. :laughing:)

Ugh, they should know this bothers people like me and you! Don't forget our plan to get together and SAVE them!

You make me laugh with those short sentences...It did....Duh...It's alright for checking! You never know, a miracle could've happened the second you were there and the line just magically opened up for you, MeMom and Jill.

Yep, us and our Mickey hammers - we will free all the little people in the snowglobes someday!

See, I ended up being wrong about Peter Pan after all. :upsidedow

I am kicking myself for not buying something for my pencils/pens! That mug would have been great!

Next time - on your DVC trip! :goodvibes

Awww, that's great that you got a special Fastpass!

That mug that you guys ended up getting is really cute. I use my refillable mug from our 2008 trip to hold all my Sharpies on my desk. I'm going to be on the lookout for that one when we go.

Disney mugs all over America are keeping the magic alive! :wizard:

Terrific updates. Bella's first ride is an awesome one! And how special to get to use a bonus fastpass. And did I read that you got another one at Crystal Palace??!! You guys had awesome mojo going!!

MeMom- I was not worried at all that you lost your shopping skills but thank you for confirming with photographic evidence. I also love the mug and the Alice t-shirt. And how nice of you to get the beach ball and boats for the kids at the pool. :goodvibes

Hope you have a good visit with the Dr today and are feeling better soon. Rest up over the weekend and take care of yourself!! :goodvibes

Poor MeMom! She must be *really* sick to forget something so special! ;) That's so cool that you got to ride Peter Pan after all! That ride will always have a special place in my heart.

Denise

Have a blast at MB. Be careful tho with Hurricane Bill out there the waves will be bad as will the rip tides. Oh at one of the Tanger Outlets there is a Disnety outlet store. :)

Thanks for the info, I'm probably not going into the ocean this time. (My DS won't be with us to go body surfing)
I hope the waves do kick up alot of shells, on my early morning walks on the beach! ;)

My Boss has been tracking "Bill" and he says it should stay off shore so the trip is still on. :woohoo:

You better believe I WILL BE making a stop at the Disney Outlet....I hope I can find lots of deals. I'm also on the look out for that great Halloween bag. :yay:

We were just saying yesterday how fun it's going to meet you guys on NYE!

We are very excited to meet you guys as well! For a brief time we considered moving our dates to early December due to flight costs, but I kept saying, "But then we can't meet MeMom, Jill, John, Brooklynn and Bella!" Our dates ARE staying, the price of flights has come down quite a bit. :thumbsup2 We really should buy...!

I have to interject a humorous story about this parade. Brooklynn loves to talk about the Crocodile and Captain Hook. Before the trip she said she didn't want to see "that old mean Captain Hook." I told her to remember that if she did she could just pretend like she was the crocodile and say "tick tock tick tock" and he would leave her alone. Well when he came out in the parade she started muttering under her breath "tick tock tick tock." It was adorable because her eyes never left the parade and what was going on.

This is ADORABLE! Ahhhh, one of those kid stories you have to write down and share with them as they get older. So, so sweet.

IMG_0123.jpg

Not inexpensive are they and rather large and bulky, but on a hot summer day, oh so inviting!

Do you recall the actual price? I was at Target last night trying to find a portable fan (doesn't have to be a mister), and they only had a wee little one. I would prefer something with a clip for the stroller...hmmm...

Great shot!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you for the shopping trip!! I like the bags, the shirts and the mug. Must resist in September, must resist!!

The lady agreed and when she got finished taking care of Mom's pass she also gave her this certificate that was an instant fastpass for any ride we wanted.

What a great way to start out at the MK!! Hopefully that means more and more bits of magic throughout the trip. :goodvibes

MeMom, I hope you feel better soon. Today, I believe, is your doctor appointment for your knee - I hope all goes alright!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter