Brooklynn takes Bella to meet Cinderella! Page 242 Downtown Disney

Oy! All these wonderful pictures of Tusker House and talk of Kona makes me want to re-arrange our ADR's for October!

Wow, Tusker House looks so cool! We've never ate there before! Are there characters there just for breakfast?

That Tusker House breakfast looks delicious! I wonder how strange it would be for a 40-something couple to eat there with no kids...:rolleyes1

Denise

Yay for birthday breakfast with Pooh! :woohoo:
It is almost September, and September touches October!:yay:

:banana::banana: Yes Memom September touches October and that makes my trip seem that much closer too!!!! Can't help but :banana: and imagine myself in the pictures you post.

Thanks from a disholic

Wall decor.

IMG_0049.jpg

I would NOT want to come across a snake this size!!!! I'm sure you could hear me screaming 100's of miles away!

Love Brooklynn's excitement to see Mickey! I feel the same way!!! :mickeyjum

This meal was very good. The ham was delicious! As we exited, the rope was dropping, and we were off to Kilimanjaro Safari and some stubborn giraffes.

That HAM was soooooo good! I think I ate 2 pieces!!!!

You don't even know how true that is! We call each other all the time and say, "I was just thinking about....." and the other one of us will say we were just doing the same thing or saying the same thing. We had talked about Halloween costumes for the girls several days ago, and found out day before yeaterday that we were on ebay at the same time looking at the same costumes, and we had the same idea - none of which were the ones we had talked about. I will think about telling Jill something, and within one minute or less, the phone will ring (well, it'll play It's a Small World), and it will be her. I promise, we do have some kind of telepathy. Even though I really don't believe much of that, we are a pretty good case for it!

So what were the halloween ideas??? I need to think of something for Caleb but I will probably wait to see what his older 3 cousins will do!! They are siblings and most always go as a theme so Caleb will probably fit into the theme!!

MeMom, you had a great selection on your plate, and I agree that the ham deserves a second trip to the buffet line!
The picture of Miss Blur is a hoot! How much fun you must have with her!:laughing:
Not to be left out is Bella with that adorable expression! What a doll baby!:cutie:

What a great start to your first morning in Disney:thumbsup2. Tusker house looks good. We had ADRs for there on our may trip and the ADR was for 25 minutes before it closes. I have no idea why the CM didn't open her yack on the phone. So we didn't end up eating there:sad1:. But i'm glad you all had a great time!:banana::woohoo::yay::rolleyes::cheer2:

Ummm, I'll take that pan of bacon please!!!!
That breakfast looks so yummy compared to my bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Makes me want to fry some bacon!

We are bacon eaters here, too. A Saturday morning brunch that looks anything similar to some of that Tusker House stuff is sounding pretty good to me right now.

Hmmmmm, I have Tusker House breakfast booked as an extra for our Nov. trip (I always book one extra adr just in case we miss one or someone gets sick, plans get changed, whatever). I really had no intention of actually going unless we missed one of our other ressies, but now you are making me think we should go even if we pay out-of-pocket. It looked really good. I just hate to book an adr during park time on an AK day b/c we have a hard time doing all of AK in one day. I know others say it takes them less than a day, but when I go, I want to do it ALL!:lmao: So I book adr's for after park closing on those days. I just don't think we could get up and out and be there for a preopening ressie. How do you do that with kids????? We would have to get up at 5 am!:sad2: What time was your reservation that day?

The ham was worth going for. It was so good! And all of the stuff you saw, along with donuts and muffins... yum! Give it a try, if you can. I'm glad we did, not only because we had the great time, but to get the picture of Goofy in his cool hat! :)

We're just used to getting up and going as Disney World. We get so much done in the early hours with no crowds that it is well worth it to us.

I can't remember the exact time. Jill booked it as a birthday present to me because she knew I had not been there, and she knew I'd love the empty park pictures. She's a good girl! :love:

Great character pictures, Bella does not seem to be afraid. I can't wait to see how she reacts in Oct. being a little older. It is great about Kona, DH and I are eating there for the first time in Sept. for dinner.

I think she'll be more reactive, and she may even be old enough to be scared by then. We'll see.

I want to order the steak and the pork chops! I am hoping Jill will be agreeable to getting one and I'll get the other and we'll share. :)

I love your "sleepy" Pop pictures. I actually got up before everyone else so that I could see what you see on our last trip. It is really nice to see everything so quiet and peaceful.

How sweet of both you and Jill to think of each other and book meals for the other. Of course, I understand Brooklynn winning out on the location. It really is all about seeing your precious children happy. I hope you have a great trip. I know you will.

It's hard to believe the Hippy Dippy Pool is ever quiet when you see it in the middle of the day!

I'm looking forward to Hollywood and Vine. I love trying anything new! :thumbsup2

Tusker House looks so cool AND yummy -- that is yet another one I'm considering. :rotfl: Plus it's a buffet, so my sister would be able to find food that she likes. I'd love to go there before the park opens, too, and see it all empty!

You're doing a lot of considering, aren't you? :laughing: Just book 'em all!
Your sister will find all kinds of things she likes there. I'll tell you, though, if you have never been to Cape May, that was an awesome breakfast buffet! Something you might want to 'consider'. :rotfl:

Wonderful Tusker breakfasts pics, ahhhh I remember it well we ate there last Aug. My grandson's 8th birthday is tomorrow, and he picked Chef Mickeys for his birthday celebration this trip and he wanted it to be breakfast so I am looking forward to that. Last Aug. he picked Chef Mickey's for his birthday dinner

It's fun to let everyone have a hand in choosing where you'll eat. It's part of the excitement in the planning and talking about it for months on end before you get there! :cool1:

Wow! I love your TR so far!! Great pics! I must say Bella and Brooklyn are the most adorable little girl's ever :) I love the name Bella by the way, that's what i'm naming my daughter! I am getting the Disney bug majorly just by reading this! I can't wait to read more. How does the stroller swap work? I've heard of it, and I'm taking my friend for graduation but we're meeting our other friend with her daughter and that might be something to look into. Thanks for all the great stuff so far!

It's easy to get the fever hanging around the DIS!

Thanks for the sweet comments about the girls. We think they are pretty special!

Jill can tell you about the stroller swap.

Oy! All these wonderful pictures of Tusker House and talk of Kona makes me want to re-arrange our ADR's for October!

What do you have for October? Did we decide it was going to work out for us to meet or not?

Wow, Tusker House looks so cool! We've never ate there before! Are there characters there just for breakfast?

Yes, just for breakfast. Put it on your list for next summer, maybe?

That Tusker House breakfast looks delicious! I wonder how strange it would be for a 40-something couple to eat there with no kids...:rolleyes1

Denise

Nope. There were plenty of people there with no kids.

:banana::banana: Yes Memom September touches October and that makes my trip seem that much closer too!!!! Can't help but :banana: and imagine myself in the pictures you post.

Thanks from a disholic

We do the same thing with other people's pictures. You can smell the smells and hear the music and just feel the Disney 'vibes' when you have been in that same place before.

I would NOT want to come across a snake this size!!!! I'm sure you could hear me screaming 100's of miles away!

Love Brooklynn's excitement to see Mickey! I feel the same way!!! :mickeyjum

That HAM was soooooo good! I think I ate 2 pieces!!!!

You should probably stay out of Africa then. I think they have some rather large ones there. :laughing:

The ham was my favorite item.

So what were the halloween ideas??? I need to think of something for Caleb but I will probably wait to see what his older 3 cousins will do!! They are siblings and most always go as a theme so Caleb will probably fit into the theme!!

Ariel and Flounder for the girls.

MeMom, you had a great selection on your plate, and I agree that the ham deserves a second trip to the buffet line!
The picture of Miss Blur is a hoot! How much fun you must have with her!:laughing:
Not to be left out is Bella with that adorable expression! What a doll baby!:cutie:

I always have a plate full of fruit, and I rarely pass up a Mickey waffle. Did you notice that I blinded the poor guy in butter? ;)

Brooklynn is a mess! You will find that out when you meet her someday.

What a great start to your first morning in Disney:thumbsup2. Tusker house looks good. We had ADRs for there on our may trip and the ADR was for 25 minutes before it closes. I have no idea why the CM didn't open her yack on the phone. So we didn't end up eating there:sad1:. But i'm glad you all had a great time!:banana::woohoo::yay::rolleyes::cheer2:

We did. Where did you eat instead? We had planned to try out the new picnic in the park thing, but we spent very little time at AK during this trip, so it never happened. We needed more time to get everything in. I think we're going to try for twelve days instead of ten next summer if everyone can get the time off.

Tusker House looks really good. I've never done that, but we have to check it out next summer. The food and the decor and the characters look awesome!

Tusker House looks really good. I've never done but, but we have to check it out next summer. The food and the decor and the characters look awesome!

I'm glad you are having some Friday night down time and are able to enjoy some Dising. I was glad to get the characters in the different outfits. I'm always on the hunt for something new and different in Disney World. I'm looking forward to seeing the characters' cute little outfits that they wear for Halloween in just a few more weeks.

The Nutrigrain bar pales in comparison to that meal, but I guess we should be grateful we have more Nutrigrain days than Tusker House days or else we'd be very poor and very large! :laughing:

I always remind myself that my Great Value generic Nutrigrain bars are helping me pay for the next trip of Tusker House breakfasts! :thumbsup2

You're doing a lot of considering, aren't you? :laughing: Just book 'em all!
Your sister will find all kinds of things she likes there. I'll tell you, though, if you have never been to Cape May, that was an awesome breakfast buffet! Something you might want to 'consider'. :rotfl:

Haha, I am! I want to try someplace that we've never been before and there are so many choices -- it is very hard for someone as indecisive as me. :laughing: I'm going to look at the Cape May menu, and will most likely add it to the list of places I am considering. ;)

The blur is Brooklynn flapping up and down with excitement as Mickey signs her book.

IMG_0062.jpg

This picture is the BEST! I'm not really a breakfast eater and in fact I often feel sick most of the day if I dare eat before 10:00 am but these breakfast buffets always look so yummy!

We did. Where did you eat instead? We had planned to try out the new picnic in the park thing, but we spent very little time at AK during this trip, so it never happened. We needed more time to get everything in. I think we're going to try for twelve days instead of ten next summer if everyone can get the time off.

We had a litttle something before we left and then just had mickey bars instead and then that night we had date night :thumbsup2 (TR). I thought about picnic in the park but I still think the idea needs some more adjusting. I do like the universal fastpass machines:thumbsup2.
10 isn't enough :scared1:

Great pics as always. Is Tigger at Tusker House? If he is not, I might book it for next time. Cayley is still scared of him. What did the MRI say?

Just wanted to say, I love your trip reports! We're taking our 18 month old twin girls to Disney for the first time in September - and are taking their MeMom with us - we can't wait! It's been so nice reading your earlier trip reports to see how Brooklynn enjoyed her trips around that age!

We're happy to provide it. We loved yours so much, and we're ready for you to book again! With Hannah and Luke having birthdays, we've still been able to see your sweet kids, but what happens when there's a lull in the action? We'll miss those kids we've grown to love through your report!

MeMom there is no lull in this crazy house. Soccer first game tomorrow. Preschool first day, pumpkin patches, Halloween (not a trip to WDW to get some MNSSHP fun though) and all kinds of great stuff.

Aww, MeMom, the pics of the girls are great! I know you are very proud.
I can't wait to take Ty.
How did the results from your MRI turn out? Hope it's not a major thing and you'll be ready for October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter