Broadway Aficionados I need help

DisneyScraps

DIS Veteran
I am wanting to get tickets to Hamilton.......I know, I know!

We could go sometime in the spring.

Right now tickets are available through January. When will future dates be released and do you have any tips for getting these difficult tickets?

Many Thanks,
Lisa

First thing to do is go to their website and sign up for their email alerts. That will let you know when the next block of tickets will be going on sale. The link is here: http://www.hamiltonbroadway.com/index.php#tickets

Once you find out when the next block of tickets goes on sale, don’t miss it! It's like when concert tickets go on sale - the last block they opened earlier this year sold out in less than a day, I think (at least the good seats, anyway). Plus they have a huge problem with scalper bots buying up blocks of tickets, so they go on resale and Stubhub almost right away.

Right now, it’s sold out through January. Lin-Manuel Miranda is expected to be leaving the show in July, but people camped out all night for cancellation tickets when he was on vacation a few months ago, so I don’t expect that the tickets will be easy to get anytime soon.

Also, if you can’t get through on Ticketmaster, DO NOT buy tickets on Craigslist. They have a huge problem with fake tickets. Stubhub has some problems too, but the majority of troubles seem to be coming from Craigslist.

Good luck!! The show is totally worth all of the aggravation you have to go through to get tickets. I saw it last summer, and I’m seeing it again in December and I can’t wait.

Thank you! I realize they are going to be difficult to get but I want to at least try.

Can you tell me how much the premium and standard generally cost I want to make sure I am prepared.

Lisa

No problem! I think as long as you’re online and ready to go when they go on sale, you should be fine. Good luck!

Depends on where you’re sitting, but I think the regular orchestra seats ran anywhere from $177-$202 regular price (and then Ticketmaster fees on top of that, because they are evil), and the mezzanine went for around the same. We had rear mezz seats for $133, and they wound up costing $150 each with the fees. Premium seats run closer to $500 each. That pricing could change once the next block goes on sale.

We wound up getting our tickets for December because the Hamilton producers and Ticketmaster did some sort of sweep of the tickets that were sold for the most recent block and were able to identify tickets that were sold to people with multiple accounts (scalpers) or people who bought over the ticket limit (14 tickets over a 7-day period). They cancelled all of those orders and released them back on sale. No one knew that was happening, Hamilton’s official Twitter account just dropped a message that tickets were going to be available 15 minutes before they put them back on sale. I just happened to catch it, and was able to get a pair of tickets for December, and another pair for my sister’s birthday in November. They sold out about 2 hours later.

It’s just nuts. I work in the theater district, so I’ve been through lots of tough-ticket shows before, but I’ve never seen it as bad as this. I couldn’t even find a single ticket for the rest of this year.

Presell is a biggy too. I believe it have been historically American Express.

If you have to buy resell only do it on Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster resell is the only guarenteed way to buy resell tickets. They actually void the original tickets and send you brand new ones this guarenteeing you will be fine.

Hamilton will also be doing a National Tour in 2017-2018. While it will not be the OBC, it will be just as good. We bought into the Broadway series in Charlotte for the 2016-17 season to be able to renew our seats for the 2017-18 season. I believe that DC, Chicago, Charlotte, LA, and many many other cities are on the list. That might also be an option for you.

Hamilton will also be doing a National Tour in 2017-2018. While it will not be the OBC, it will be just as good. We bought into the Broadway series in Charlotte for the 2016-17 season to be able to renew our seats for the 2017-18 season. I believe that DC, Chicago, Charlotte, LA, and many many other cities are on the list. That might also be an option for you.

You won't be seeing the OBC on Broadway either. Groff has already left, then at least Lin will be leaving next month. So the tour should be just as good if that's a better option for you.

You won't be seeing the OBC on Broadway either. Groff has already left, then at least Lin will be leaving next month. So the tour should be just as good if that's a better option for you.

Very true! Shortly after we bought into the Charlotte Broadway series for 2016-17 to set us up for 2017-18, I got a text from Ticketmaster about the block that was released from Nov-Jan. I got super lucky and got a pair of tickets for Jan 29. I know I won't be seeing the OBC, but it will be on Broadway, and THAT will be amazing! So...we will get to see it twice...on Broadway and then again when it comes to Charlotte in 2018.

New block of tickets went on sale today for Amex Centurion/Platinum Card holders, and the rest will be available to the general public at 8pm EST on 6/12 (just as the Tony Awards are starting): http://www.playbill.com/article/new-block-of-hamilton-tickets-on-pre-sale-today

They're gonna break Ticketmaster.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about missing Lin. At this point, the show is the star. And the show is SO good. I'm glad I got to see the OBC, but I'm just as excited to be seeing it again in December with whoever is going to be in it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter