• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Broadcasting from the Wonder

Shuvo

Earning My Ears
A local radio station in Washington D.C. is running a promotion over here to give away free Wonder cruises. To facilitate the promotion they are broadcasting live from a studio on the Wonder. Is this broadcast done via a satellite connection? It must be pretty costly running this promotion, seeing as it costs so much to just make a phone call from the ships. I am curious!:D

Hi Shuvo! Yes, it is done via a satellite connection. Both ships have a small but well-equipped broadcast studio (it overlooks the Goofy Pool and is right next to where the ESPN store used to be). Usually there will be a special broadcast tech onboard to make sure the connections run well.

Hope you win a free cruise! :D

The station is MIX 107.3 FM Washington. I listen to it regularly, but especially during the promotion. They have pictures from the cruise ship on their site. Check them out. I believe they will be broadcasting for a few weeks, but rotating the morning people. I want to win!

Click on the "Jack Diamond Morning Show".
www.mix1073fm.com

Tina
Magic Western 1/18/03 <-- a need a cruise to keep me until then. LOL!!!

I visited the site. Since you have to register for their club in order to enter the contest, I guess you have to be a DC resident to be eligible to win. Guess that means at least the majority of the 30,000+ members of the DisBoard won't be competing against you for the cruise! Good luck!

Thanks for the information! I had no idea that they had this facility when I was aboard the Wonder, might have been interesting to discover. The contest should be intersting. Taswira, maybe the contest will come to your town, and then we will be jealous!:D

I also went on the website. They didn't say anything about a person having to live in the area. So, I signed up as a loyal listener and then registered for the DCL contest.

The real question is - how do you win? Do they announce you name on the radio and you have xx minutes to call in? If so, I'm out of luck!

No harm in trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter