Brittni's make a wish pre-trip plans

potsiemom

Earning My Ears
We are in the very beginning of planning.Just got the call from the make a wish office last week that they had her paperwork from the Dr and she was approved.They said we would hear from our wish granters in a week or 2 and told me to start gathering up everyones birth certificates and a few other things.
Our family includes
my husband Rusty who is a carpenter.He has been to disney once he really liked test track and the food.

Then there is myself (April) I am 36 mom of 5.I have been to Disney 5 times.It is my happy place and I often plan dream trips that I will never be able t afford while being bored at the hospitol.

My oldest child Michael is 17 he is a former wish child.He had a form of cancer called rhabdomyosarcoma.He is doing great and will graduate this May.He has spent the last 2 summers volunteering at a cancer camp in Montana and cant wait to go back this summer.

Brittni is the wish child she is 16 and is in 11th grade.She is on hospitol homebound tho and wont get enough credits to graduate by next year unless her health improves alot.We are ok with this.She is doing great all A's and if it takes a extra year it takes a extra year.It took me awhile to cope with that but now I am completly at peace with it.She was completly healthy till the beginning of 8th grade.She came home sick I figured it was a virus.She had a headache and vomiting.3 1/2 years later she still has the headache.After many d appt and a ton of tests she was diagnosed with pots Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia syndrome and psuedotumer.She spends alot of time in her room in the dark with her dog.She loves anime and animals and hopes to someday be a marine biologist.

Payton is 14 a freshman this year.You can find him at the skate park with his board and his headphones blasting away screaming stuff that I cant make out.

Trace is 11.This is his 1st year of middle school.He is currently in the tryout week of baseball.He has played as long as he could walk.Starting out as a mascot on his older siblings teams.His favorite position is catcher.He loves all things disney and wants to be a disney imagineer when he grows up.

Sarah the baby of the family is 9.She has bright red hair and spunk like you wont believe. I could write a book of the funny things this child says.Her goal for the future is to marry a rich man so she can travel and draw and paint.Her back up plan is to live at home forever so she can spend her money traveling and drawing and painting.She plays softball,volley ball and is on the swim team.

I have been payting on a disney trip for this November for a year now so I am hoping once we get dates I can use that to extend our trip a few days. I will post pictures as soon as i learn how. I will wrangle in a teenager to help.They know everything

Last edited:
This is my youngest daughter sarah back in 2011
and this is Payton and Trace

my wish child Brittni

and my oldest son Michael

These pictures are a few years old someday i will have time to upload currant ones.

Today we received a letter giving us the names of our wish granters and listing the needed paperwork (birth certificates,insurance) it states they like to fulfill wishes within 6 month We are hoping to go by May 15th if thats not possible we want to wait till October.
Went to Target and found some mickey shampoo,and got hubby a minion shirt and a superhero shirt for our universal days.The whole mood of the house is so different since we found out she was approved There has even been less sibling fights.

received some pins for trading in the mail today.15 pins and a lanyard for $25 cant beat that.There was a few stitch ones the kids want to keep

Plans so far but i am sure I will change them a dozen times

while staying at give kids the world we plan on doing
2 days at universal,1 at sea world,1 day at aquatica and go to ifly and 1 day debating between busch gardens,legoland or wet n wild

then move to a hotel to extend our trip and do the 3 days at disney

kids would love to go to discovery cove but I dont think that will be in our budget

Hi there! Sounds like things are coming along well with the whole wish process. We were told earlier this week that my daughter was approved and we would hear something within 2 weeks.

Where did you get the pins? We have some from a past trip but I took all the backs off to display them in a frame. I need to get more so the kids can trade this time as well.

You are planning on doing disney after you leave GKTW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter