Brit's Guide Up-dates

SimonV

Proud to have called Bob Varley 'friend'
OK, I know a few people have been asking for regular up-dates, so I thought I would post a permanent link to the relevant section of our Orlando website where we should be able to add all the necessary new info (and a bit more besides) as it happens. The site to check out is this:

Brit's Guide to Orlando

And we will also aim to keep our popular Busy Day Guide feature up-dated month-by-month when we can be reasonably sure of Disney's Extra Magic Hour days (which seem to change with the tide!). Hopefully this should keep everyone up-dated and 'in the know' about everything we know as we head out and about in Central Florida.

Additionally, if people could post the occasional book review for us on the amazon.co.uk website Here!, that also really helps with our marketing efforts.

Tally ho, and on to 2007.............!

Simon, when will the busy day guide be available on the website for October 2006?

Once we have the confirmed dates for October and can see what the previous few months' traffic looks like doing. We have been trying to post things at least 3 months' in advance, but there were so many changes with the April hours, for example, it has made life difficult. I would hope we'll get the October Busy Day Guide up by mid-August.

SimonV said:
Once we have the confirmed dates for October and can see what the previous few months' traffic looks like doing. We have been trying to post things at least 3 months' in advance, but there were so many changes with the April hours, for example, it has made life difficult. I would hope we'll get the October Busy Day Guide up by mid-August.

When will September Busy Day Guide dates be posted? :scratchin

Hi Simon

Thanks for the updated 'Busy Days Guide' but was just wondering if you could confirm what the dates in brackets mean after certain parks on certain dates.

For example, on Fridays as lightest for MK, but for Fri 13th Oct you have the date after it. Does this mean that it will be especially light or does it mean that MK is normally a light day, but on this date it is not expected to be light?

Thanks

Because of various irregularities in Disney's Extra Magic Hours programme (i.e. by changing days of the week), we estimate that the crowds will be Busiest, Average or Light on the specific dates mentioned. Where no date is mentioned, that day holds true for the whole month. It is proving a challenge keeping up with all the switches in Extra Magic Hours, but we think we're on top of it!

Publication date for 2007 is late October, which means copies should be in the bookstores during the first week of November. We were pretty much on time with all our deadlines this year, so we're hoping everything will be on time with publication, too. Fingers crossed!

SimonV said:
Publication date for 2007 is late October, which means copies should be in the bookstores during the first week of November. We were pretty much on time with all our deadlines this year, so we're hoping everything will be on time with publication, too. Fingers crossed!
Great news I'll let Santa (aka MIL) know it is on my Xmas list :)

just wanted to say i have just read the first half of brits guide 2006 and its superb mate i have flitted through several others but this is the bible :worship: on a sour note 4 you i did buy it of ebay but i will be getting the 2007 one :teeth: i am sure that will be top :banana: :banana: :banana:

LOL, mozzman! You should find the new edition well worthwhile :teeth:

We bought the DLRP guide book last week and used it this week. Unfortunately the advice about Billy Bobs buffet, everyone is now using and it's becoming over crowded and struggling to get a seat. We agree with your rating for the Stunt show in the Studio's.

Off to buy the Florida one for next July. Would we be better waiting for a wee while before purchasing?

Lxx

Hi Groovee, and thanks for your comments. If you're not headed to Orlando until next year, I would definitely wait for the 2007 edition to come out.

Doh! I was in Peterborough on Saturday and never even thought about looking for it. I guess I'll have to go back again this Saturday (any excuse to go shopping!). Which Waterstones was it in, Queensgate or the one by Smiths?

Duggas said:
Doh! I was in Peterborough on Saturday and never even thought about looking for it. I guess I'll have to go back again this Saturday (any excuse to go shopping!). Which Waterstones was it in, Queensgate or the one by Smiths?

The one in Queensgate. DW was buying shoes in the shoe shop next door and I got bored. Travel books are upstairs at the back. They also had the 2007 Unofficial Guide as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter