Brits Get Malled

kellymonaghan

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Watch out! Two Orlando area shopping malls are making a special effort to "target" British travelers, according to a report in the Orlando Business Journal.

Neither of the malls in question, Altamonte and West Oaks, are near the major tourist attractions but, apparently, tourists account for a quarter of their sales.

I'd recommend giving both a pass. There are better/bigger malls (like the Florida Mall) closer to the big attractions and outlet shopping in Orlando is justly famous.

An exception: If you are flying into Sanford Airport as many Brits do, then the Altamonte Mall is a convenient place to stop (it's just off I-4) if you're headed to the airport at the end of the trip and you suddenly realize there's something you absolutely must get before you go.

Thanks for looking out for us Kelly and thanks for the tip. I shall remember that one.

Jan;)

They don't need to spend a fortune on advertising - just provide a free bus for Janice - that should double their takings over night ;)

Tim
:pinkbounc

Ha! Thank you very much Mr. Goofyish!! ;)

Thanks for the info Kelly - nice of you to share and pay us a visit here on the UK boards :)

I must say I prefere the Altamont Mall to the Fla Mall, its a lot less busy and less touristy, there also a huge amount of big stores opened up around it, bit like Lakeside here.
Only downside is the drive up I4 but if you time i t between rush hours its ok.

Janice
Love your 'shopping bag', did you buy it at lakeside today?!! LOL
I went too, but would rather have been at Florida mall!

Angel

:wave:

Hi Angel - found the bag on an Avatar Website! (whatever that is!! LOL)

and give me Florida Mall anyday!

Seeya ;)

I must admit I love the Altimonte Mall. I visited both that and the Florida Mall but they had a special Swarovski event on at Altimonte when we were there and being a collector I HAD to go :D
I shop anywhere. Belz is the best for bargains though. I got 2 pairs of Reeboks for less than the cost of one pair here.
Just got back yesterday and I feel it was such a long time ago now. Time to start planning again.

We came home sunday 6th may from sanford,checked in early then went to OVIEDO ( i think)mall just off 417.It was really good,I was walking round and suddenly realised I still had the safe key from the hotel in my pocket,I went to the information desk and the guy gave me an envelope taped the key to a pc of board and said he would put a stamp on it and post it later that day and he would not accept any money at all.what a great guy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter