British try do a deal for British hostage

I hereby nominate kingbilly to be the third party between Osama and whomever.

:teeth:

Originally posted by jrydberg
As the saying goes, freedom isn't free.

Well put.

And if a war comes knocking on my door, so help me, I'll give it my best fight. I am grateful everyday that we have brave men and women overseas fighting, and sometimes giving their lives to try and prevent it from coming here (again).

Originally posted by kingbilly
Dan will you say the same thing if war comes knocking at your door :( ....
Sort of like when they put a highway through your house, nobody likes it up close and personal. but the common good and welfare rules. Would I like it? I am sure I would not, but I would try to understand, and hopefully accept as best I could.

And if a war comes knocking on my door, so help me, I'll give it my best fight. I am grateful everyday that we have brave men and women overseas fighting, and sometimes giving their lives to try and prevent it from coming here (again).

Right on Sister!!

If i thought i could save just 1 life by going as a go between then yes i'm up for the job.

Its so easy for the Armchair Generals sitting posting away with not a care in the world. Wait till the knock at the door - they may not be your sons or daughters :( but just think they're someones :(

Originally posted by DisneyMomx7
If they were going to release her they should have done it before they killed the first American.

I was just telling my husband this very thing this morning after hearing that the other American (who by the way, lives in Marietta, GA, 20 minutes from me), was probably beheaded yesterday and they are awaiting confirmation. If I were his family, I'd be really ticked that they didn't release this woman one day before. This lady's husband could still be alive. It just saddens me. The man's 49th birthday was also today. Such a shame!

First, don't think for a second that people posting here don't care about what happens to the US soldiers in harm's way. We do. But that doesn't mean we hide in the corner and never send our troops anywhere. I won't speak for anyone else, but I owe a great debt to those brave men and women who are serving (or have served) in our military.

Second, for DisneyMomx7, FYI doesn't look like the US is going to release the woman at all. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3680120.stm

Originally posted by TXTink
I shudder to think about how much danger Americans (and others) would be in all over the world if we started dealing with terrorists. A very scary thought. We must NEVER deal with terrorists.

Unfortunately, terrorism is not being curbed right now. It is very sad and very scary.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5889435/

I think that, if indeed, the British are trying to broker a deal that they are setting a very dangerous precedent. These insurgents broke into the house these men were staying in and kidnapped them. If they are successful in getting something they want then they step up their efforts to kidnap more British citizens in order to obtain more and more concessions. Giving in is the wrong thing to do and even though it's hard (and incredibly painful) I am thankful that America is standing strong. If I were the British I would be encouraging the American military to hold off on any planned releases for a while just so that the insurgents don't get the idea that their demands were met. Do not deal with terrorists! It won't work in the long run and you will pay a huge price for your efforts.

Excuse me, didn't someone in charge in Iraq say we didn't have any women prisoners?

So, now we do have women prisoners?

Of course, the Taguba report on the abuses at Abu Ghraib prison spoke of female prisoners.

Deja vu all over again........Another public-relations nightmare caused by the incompetence of the Bush administration.

the two female prisoners were captured in the early days of the war and it was well publicized. how does that equate to incompetence of the bush administration?

funny how it always comes back to the bush administration instead of to the sub-humans that are decapitating people.

From a CNN story :

U.S. officials said they are not holding any women in prisons in Iraq. One official said 45 women have been held in Abu Ghraib prison since the start of detainee operations in July 2003 but all have been released.

However, the United States is holding the two women scientists, categorized as "high-value detainees," in an undisclosed location, the official said, describing both as former high-level members of Saddam Hussein's government.

Originally posted by kingbilly
Its so easy for the Armchair Generals sitting posting away with not a care in the world. Wait till the knock at the door - they may not be your sons or daughters :( but just think they're someones :(

Do you think that the men and women who enlist and sign up do so because they think they will never get called to serve their country? You speak of these people as if they are going unwillingly and unknowingly.

Sure as a parent, I don't want my children to enlist...or to become a fire fighter or state trooper.

But they are proud, honorable men and women and you do them a disservice to say that they are unhappy that their country is knocking at their door.

they may not be my sons or daughters but one of them IS my brother!

We, including my brother, support the President and the war.

There should be NO negotiating with terrorists.

Why do people keep assuming that only those without children or perhaps only with daughters are supportive of this war? I have three sons and my oldest is 15. There is not a day that goes by that I don't worry about this war and how I would feel if any or all of my sons want to join the military or if the draft were reinstated. I would be very afraid for their safety but I would gain some comfort from the fact that they would be trained and armed and fighting for the very freedom our forefathers fought for to build this great nation. My husband was a sitting duck in the Pentagon on 9/11 and I could have lost him without warning or cause. We were lucky. Many were not. Given the choice between fighting or just being an unlucky target, I'd choose fighting every time.

Fighting terrorism is a necessary evil, imho.

As to the op's question about a deal, no way! I'm sorry that these men were kidnapped and that their captives are vile and place no value on life, but to deal with them is only giving merit to their actions.

Well CRB#33 i don't see any mothers or father running into the streets saying my son or daughter died for the good of the Country do you.

No its the same old story as long as its not my house i'm fine. Whats wrong with being a firefighter or a state-trooper. The CMC joined the part-timers so if its good enough for him.

Originally posted by ThAnswr
Deja vu all over again........Another public-relations nightmare caused by the incompetence of the Bush administration.

I approve and endorse the above comment.

0517-01.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter