British try do a deal for British hostage

kingbilly

Mouseketeer
Now why didn't the US try the same deal for 2 US Hostages ?

The life of a British hostage is in the balance amid reports that one of two Iraqi women that his Islamic kidnappers have demanded to be released could be freed by the U.S. military.

The group loyal to terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has killed one American hostage, Eugene "Jack" Armstrong, and claims to have killed a second American, Jack Hensley, both taken at the same time as the Briton.

In a message posted on an Islamic Web site, the Unification and Jihad group said a British citizen it holds, Kenneth Bigley, would also be killed if the UK government failed to free female prisoners in Iraq from Abu Ghraib and Umm Qasr jails.

Lets hope he's freed soon

:(

Originally posted by kingbilly
Now why didn't the US try the same deal for 2 US Hostages ?....
Simple, policy, a good one, is not to deal with terrorists, bill (can I call ya, bill, hate the formal king stuff?)

Try your highness :)

But if your dealing with a 3rd party then your not dealing with the terrorists !!

Try your highness :)

But if your dealing with a 3rd party then your not dealing with the terrorists !!

if you give in to the demands of the terrorists, you are not only dealing with the terrorists, you are letting them win...

But sure they're winning anyway :rolleyes: try something different for a change and sure if it doesn't work go back to the way it is.

The UK government told the BBC there was no request by anyone at any level in the government for the women to be freed.

"That would be tantamount to dealing with terrorists," a Downing Street spokesman said.

But sure they're winning anyway :rolleyes: try something different for a change and sure if it doesn't work go back to the way it is.

they aren't really winning.....but they will the moment we deal with them, rather than eliminate them..

....But if your dealing with a 3rd party then your not dealing with the terrorists !!
Oh yes you would be. If I send my check to Amex, THROUGH the USPS, I still am dealing with Amex, but using a 3rd party for delivery.

Dealing with terrorists legitimizes terrorism as a mode of political expression.

Goofyish but sure they've dealt with terrorists before, and been found out.

They aren't winning :rolleyes: - over a 1,000 service personal killed and over 7000 injured :(

They aren't winning :rolleyes: - over a 1,000 service personal killed and over 7000 injured :(

As the saying goes, freedom isn't free.

kingbilly, you seem very familiar. Hmmm... The smilie usage, the topics...I wonder.

kingbilly, you seem very familiar. Hmmm... The smilie usage, the topics...I wonder.
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.

But sure the British have done this in Ireland jrydberg so its not new.
This pretty much seals the deal...

It was bound to happen sooner or later although I would much prefer later

Goofyish but sure they've dealt with terrorists before, and been found out.

bill, it's a war, people, sadly, die, get wounded. Sad, but then, war is sad, though at times, necessary.

I shudder to think about how much danger Americans (and others) would be in all over the world if we started dealing with terrorists. A very scary thought. We must NEVER deal with terrorists.

I would normally agree that you don't negotiate with terrorists. However, if they were going to release this woman anyway, and if they do now, how are the families of these two Americans going to feel. Won't they feel like the British put more value on the British captive and the Americans did. If they were going to release her they should have done it before they killed the first American.

Dan will you say the same thing if war comes knocking at your door :(

Lets face it, the war is not going as planned we all could be sitting here next year with maybe 10,000 US personal killed do we really want this. Try something different for a change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter