British Airways.........Offers!

mike230652

This'll do 'til I think of something witty to say.
BA have a 5 day offer on....1st-5th August for booking flights up to 12th December.

We've just booked 2 weeks for 3 x adults and 1 x child flying Gatwick to Tampa for £929.00 inc taxes etc.

Costs to Orlando were very similar.

Just posting in case anyone was interested................

The link is http://ba.com/specialtime/1

mike230652

Those seem to be very good prices Mike:p When are you travelling?

kazzie

Hiya..........we've booked for November 27th ( Thanksgiving Day ). That way we know all the Christmas decorations will be up straight after Thanksgiving!

mike230652

Just booked for older DD to come see my in Miami for a week in early Dec at £234 , through Expedia on BA :D

Mike,That souns the perfect time to go to see the Xmas stuff.After Thanksgiving and before the maddening crowds!;)

I've been looking at those offers as well. Looking at end of November/beginning of December. 2 adults for a smidgeon under £500.

Just windering what kind of weather we can expect? Need to check it out and make a decision pronto.

Anyone help with the weather?

Thanks

CArol

Carol.....yes, we've been twice at that time.

Temperatures can be variable....often 60s and 70s, but can also go lower. Worthwhile taking a sweater, particularly for cooler evenings. On the good news side, you would have to be unlucky to experience much rain.

After the Thanksgiving weekend at the end of November, crowds are sparse and accommodation is at its cheapest. The pre Xmas festivities and shows also start early December....a magical time for kids:)

Alex

Edit - changed Thanksgiving for Memorial Day (I really must purchase some new memory for myself:o )

Carol Ann

We went at the same time in 2000. The weather was perfectly OK, two or three cooler nights and certainly a sweater is advisable. We did Discovery Cove on 1st December and temperature was in the low 80s'.

Big pluses were:

VERY small crowds and no queues for rides, Spiderman was a walk -on nearly every time!!

Once Thanksgiving is over ( 4th Thursday in November ) everywhere in Disney and Universal put the Christmas decorations and lights up...........fabulous!!!!

If you decide to rent a villa there are some bargain prices....we picked up a new 4-bed villa WITH pool heating for £50 per night.

Ok, the parks have shorter opening hours, but with next to no crowds you don't spend time in queues so you'll actually get a lot more done.

My only regret is that BA weren't doing these cheap flights in late October...........we would have loved to do Halloween Horror Nights at IOA !!

Good news is Val informs me her , Dave, Gary and Julie are out there at the same time ..........now that'll be good fun!!!!

mike230652

Excellent news Mike...looking like there will be a few more of us in Nov/Dec:D

Bev & Neil

Blimey!!! Is there going to be anybody left in the North East in November / December ??!!?!

Where are you staying ......................?

Anyone organised any meets out there ? ....... l HHmm, let me guess ( LoL ! )

When do you fly out Neil? I think you're going from Gatwick, aren't you?

Crikey, I'll finish up knowing more people in Florida than I back home!

mike230652

Just booked Virgin Flight for 17 September at cost of £297.70 through Flights4less. This price applies to weekdays (Mon thru Thurs) throughout September. BA has flights for slightly less.

BUT THE LAST DAY TO BOOK THE BA OFFER IS TOMORROW (I dont know if the Virgin offer lasts longer)

I normally book up to 12 months in advance but the opportunity to get away in September came up suddenly. Perhaps it always pays to leave the booking until nearer the travel date, what do you think?

Hi Mike

Yes we're flying from Gatwick on the 5th Dec for 3 weeks staying and the Grosvenor then the Wyndham I-Drive and then the Hotel Royal Plaza:)
We are going to MVMCP on the 11th Dec, Bev is going then too;)
I think there are a few meets planned but no dates arranged yet!

I've been and gone and done it!!!

Just booked to Orlando with the BA special offer. Go out on 27th November and return on 9th December. £497.00 for two.

I can't quite believe I've done that without thinking about it for days and weeks!!

Last went in September 2002.

Now wheres that Weightwatchers book?.........................

Carol

Carol Ann................Well done!!

squitty...................THREE weeks !!!! Must be nice to have money, mate! We're near Tampa ( No idea where though, haven't booked anything ) until the 4th December, then up to the Disney area ( No idea where yet!! ) for the second week. In both cases it'll be a villa, so Ill start scouting this week-end.

Hopefully we can all meet up once the itinerary is sorted........I'll keep in touch.

mike230652

:D :D :D :D :D

Blimey.... I am feeling all left out now.

All you guys and girls off to Sunny Florida at the end of the year.

I actually love it out there in October/November/December.

Its a lot more pleasent temperature than the summer, and if you go inbetween Thanksgiving and Xmas, the queues at the park are really short.

Hope you all have a fantastic time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter