brita vs culligan water bottle?

gctong

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone used the culligan personal water bottle and if so, how the would compare to the brita one.

Although I'm a brita user myself at home, I liked the culligan bottle design better since it has groves. But I know nothing about culligan. Any ideas?

here's the link to the culligan:
http://culligan.com/product.asp?ProductID=144&Section=1

Can anyone tell me where they found the Brita bottle? I've looked at a couple Walmarts, but have come up empty. Anyone know what section to look in?

at Walmart it'll be in hardware. There should be a whole line of brita pitchers, and the bottle is probably on the bottom shelf. I've never seen it on display.

CVS I think also has it. Amazon also has it.

i've actually seen the brita water bottle in the A&P

I've seen both at Duane Reade here in NYC so that's why I was wondering which would be better? I like the culligan bottle better (it has grooves which people have complained that Brita didn't have) and the culligan is clear so I can tell how much water is left. But I know NOTHING about culligan's filter. So what do you think?

I have the brita water bottle and my brother has the culligan. The water quality is about the same in both. My brothers seemed a little easier to get the water out of, as with the brita you have to squeeze it harder.
:wave:

Can anyone tell me what the taste of the water is like out of the Brita bottle? About 15 yrs ago, we bought a Brita pitcher. After using it once, we returned it to Walmart. The water tasted terrible. Have they improved or are the portable bottles any better?

I have both. The Culligan is much smaller, and the filter is larger, which cuts down on the available capacity. Also, in my experience, it takes more changes of water to prep the filter on the Culligan than the Brita; at least 6 or 7, while the Brita was clear at about 4.

As to the pitcher not working, how many changes of water did you run through the filter before you started drinking the water?
New carbon filters give off dust; you have to flush them out thoroughly before using them.

I saw some of the Culligan bottles at Big Lots stores for $1 or $2 a few months back! I almost bought some but I had already purchased 3 of the Brita bottles. They were in the section where they have the small kitchen plastic storage containers (Rubbermaid, etc).

I have found the Brita bottles at WalMart, Kohl's and Bed, Bath and Beyond.

I bought the Brita bottles at my local grocery store (Stop & Shop) - it probably saved us at least $40 on our last trip! And I saw the idea on this Board - I never would have thought of it!

:earsgirl:

I've had both kinds of filtered water bottles. Didn't care for not being able to see through the Brita. My family of five used the Culligan/Rubbermaid bottle for years, until my husband tossed it "to" me (right over my head and onto the pavement) while sitting on a bench outside the Living Seas pavillion. A cracked bottle top sent me EVERYWHERE looking for a replacement. None to be found.

Finally, I spotted a listing on Ebay last year for a Culligan bottle. I ordered three AND 12 extra filters. Bottle was @ $5 and filters were $1. We're set for the next decade of WDW trips!

We have never had a leak with the Culligan/Rubbermaid bottle, although I always put it in a ZipLoc bag in my backpack. Ice easily goes into the bottle opening and the filter size lets it hold a fair amount of water. I'm diabetic and only drink water, so this bottle definitely gets a work out. Pop off the filter and the top and bottle are top rack safe in the dishwasher. Go with the Culligan, you'll love it. We'll be at WDW this summer with ours!

I bought my Brita Fill & Go this week in K-Mart..also saw them in Target for $1.00 cheaper. :)

Thank you all! I guess I'll go for the brita one since it holds more! I also think the filters are more affordable!

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter