• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing your own Snorkeling Gear to Castaway Cay

sejejoemmiev

Mouseketeer
I was planning on buying my kids their own snorkeling gear for Christmas to use at Castaway Cay. We are cruising the Western 2/24/07. I have read on a few threads that disney does not allow you to snorkel in their snorkeling area with your own gear. Is this really true? Thanks in advance!

You are allowed to bring your own. We've done this 4 times. They do make you have a vest, but you can borrow theirs.

We always bring our own, you just have to use one of their bright yellow vests so they can keep track of you. :thumbsup2

We also bring our own. You can purchase for about what they charge to rent (at least for the kids), you know how they have been cleaned, and you know that the mask works for you.
Should be a great gift. Try to find a pool for them to use their new gear before the cruise, so they know how to breathe with the snorkel.

Where do you get the yellow vest? At the snorkeling rental area? Is there a charge for use of the vest only? Thanks!

sejejoemmiev said:
Where do you get the yellow vest? At the snorkeling rental area? Is there a charge for use of the vest only? Thanks!

Yes, get vest at Snorkeling area, at the place where they rent all the other equipment. No charge for the vest.

Vests are free since DCL requires a vest for everyone in the snorkle lagoon. If you choose to snorkle in the regular swimming area, though, one is not required. My kids have taken their own gear to CC twice, and they love it!

You can get the vests at the snorkel pick up area "Gil's Fins". If you "get caught" in the snorkle lagoon without a vest, the lifeguard at the 1st station has a supply at his stand, too. We saw that happen repeatedly throughout the day. :dance3:

I have high end snorkeling equipment that I purchased for scuba diving that I will be bringing.

My wife didn't have anything and I ended up getting her this at Amazon:

B000EOPBOC.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V57172401_.jpg

It includes a nice carry bag for the equipment, the Dry Snorkel so water doesn't go in and split fins. She hasn't used them yet....we will be trying them out at our pool.

I had a $10 certificate and Amazon Prime so I got it for $35 and free shipping.

We have 2 days at Castaway Cay, so it would have cost $50 to rent. This was a much better option.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...6010/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-7149450-0934534?ie=UTF8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter