Bringing your own pillows

NikitaZee

DIS Veteran
Does anyone bring your own pillow to WDW? I always do, but for the first time in 10 years, we'll be flying this year. Is it a big hassle to bring one on the plane? I know some hotels offer different kinds of pillows if you don't like what's on your bed when you check in - does anyone know if the Polynesian is one of those? Thanks.

I didn't notice what kind of pillows I had at Poly. But I was comfortable.
I never bring my own pillow. If a pillow will fit in your carry on bag, I don't see why you couldn't bring one.

I've found the pillows to be pretty much the same no matter which resort we've stayed at. We always request extra as we each like to sleep with 2 pillows. One is too flat for us. I don't see why you couldn't bring one if you wanted to on the plane as long as it fits in your carry-on or luggage somewhere.

I always bring a pillow with me when we travel to WDW, but we drive so it's not a big deal space wise. I don't remember what kind of pillows were at the Poly but I do know we had plenty in the room.

We stayed at POFQ last Sept/Oct and the pillows were miserable. That was pre-refurb, though. The next trip last Feb., I was so scared, I brought my own. Stayed at CSR and the pillows were fine. :confused3 We are staying at POP in 9 days and I'm leaving my pillow home and crossing my fingers.

When I did bring it, I packed it in a checked bag.

i also pack my japanese pillow. the first trip at wl i didn't and regretted it the whole trip. those were the worst pillows! :headache: so now i never forget.

I always bring my own pillow too. I have a hard time sleeping with the pillows at any hotel. I feel they are not very comfortable and some places they are worn out and flat and other places they are fluffy and too big. I am very picky about my pillow shape and size. I just bring my own so I know I will be comfortable no matter what.

We bring our pillows. One was packed in our luggage and the other was brought on the plane. Having to fly for 5-6 hours, I realize that a pillow makes all the difference instead of the person next to you or the hard interior of the plane. :)

I bring my own on the plane and yes it does help for comfort wise on the plane..I also have a small microbead pillow that I use that I put in my carry on...Sleep is VERY important to me LOL so I make sure that I am comfortable esp since WDW can be so tiring.....:banana:

I pack 2 king size pillows and a king blanket in my luggage when we travel and Southwest air 2 bags fly free so we have room for everything. It also serves as a cushion for fragiles on the way home just pack them in the middle and everything makes it home in one piece and I had good sleep our whole trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter