Bringing your own bedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grlygrl13

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to WDW in December - I am very picky about my linens cleanliness and comfort, so I am planning on bringing my own. Has anyone done this before? I guess I don't know if I will have issues with housekeeping if we bring our own - I don't want to lose my linens!!

Also, would appreciate any input on beds (comfort level) - we are debating between a moderate and a value resort.

Thanks

If you bring your own, be sure to bring something colorful or patterned so mousekeeping won't mistakenly remove them for WDW standard issue!

We are planning a trip to WDW in December - I am very picky about my linens cleanliness and comfort, so I am planning on bringing my own. Has anyone done this before? I guess I don't know if I will have issues with housekeeping if we bring our own - I don't want to lose my linens!!

Also, would appreciate any input on beds (comfort level) - we are debating between a moderate and a value resort.

Thanks

Have always stayed at a moderate. Last trip peeked in the window at a value and must say that the furniture, especially the beds looked tiny.
If you like room, I would say go for the moderate!

Please explain to me why you want to bring your own linens. I know my husband and son often bring their own pillows because they both need about a hundred pillows to sleep (I just need one). But I can't imagine bringing my own sheets and blankets.

Please explain to me why you want to bring your own linens. I know my husband and son often bring their own pillows because they both need about a hundred pillows to sleep (I just need one). But I can't imagine bringing my own sheets and blankets.

I am very paranoid about the cleanliness of them (and comfort level of them).

Have always stayed at a moderate. Last trip peeked in the window at a value and must say that the furniture, especially the beds looked tiny.
If you like room, I would say go for the moderate!

Here are a couple of photos of the beds at All Star Music.
They are either a King sized bed or 2 full size (double beds) just like the mods.

All of the All Star Music rooms were just reburished.
They have new pillowtop mattresses on them.
Very Comfortable!

1asm.jpg

ASMUwithPrivacycurtain.jpg

Have fun at WDW wherever you choose to stay!

I am very paranoid about the cleanliness of them (and comfort level of them).

You do realize that you are going to encounter way more germs and nasty stuff in any given day at the park then you probably will in your room, or in your bed, right? I understand bringing a pillow, or linens due to comfort alone. But, if it is to avoid germs, it is not going to make that big of a difference when you think of how many people walk through the parks each day touching themselves, then touching the rides, the poles, the chairs, the tables, the benches, the items in stores, the list goes on.

We bring our own fitted sheets each time. I can't speak for any other resorts, but OKW uses flat sheets instead of fitted sheets, which immediately bunch up any time you roll over. They're just not big enough to 'tuck in' properly, so by the time morning comes the bottom sheet is bunched up somewhere in the middle of the bed (dh tosses and turns all night). Also, because we're DVC members, there is limited housekeeping so I have no intention of fixing those horrible flat sheets everytime. It's just easier to bring my own :)

You want a gross-out factor? If you bring your own sheets, make sure to quarantine them (or throw them out) before you leave in case there are bedbugs in your hotel. You don't want to bring bedbugs home!

My kids bring their own pillows - a comfort thing...

I wouldn't worry about the sheets too much – I check for bed bugs at all hotels, just makes sense and I do bring Clorox wipes with me and I clean the phone, the TV. remote, the door knobs etc. because to me, that’s the hot bed of germ collection, not the sheets that get washed. I do throw off the comforters but after a few days of being with masses of people, my paranoia begins to wear off a little.

Of course, as someone else posted, you will be among many and even though I'm a bit AR about germs, I have to remind myself that most of the world's population would look at us and laugh... which keeps me balanced and sane.

It's whatever you are comfortable with. I traveled with a friend who brought her own sheets to Disney and I teased her a bit but if it makes you feel better, do it. She laughed at me and my Clorox wipes.

:)

We bring our own fitted sheet only because DH has so sensitive skin and the sheets we use at home are 800-1000 threadcount, we just put it on top of the other sheet and it works great :-) We take it off when mousekeeping is coming in (we're renting points so we only get mousekeeping once during our stay). That and then of course our own pillows haha, I use the spacebags for that to make them flat for the suitcase. :) Haven't had any bedbugs with us home so far!

...We take it off when mousekeeping is coming in (we're renting points so we only get mousekeeping once during our stay). ...

If you are staying only 7 nights, you won't get any housekeeping at all. Just your towels replaced and your trash removed. No bed making at all. Unless you pay extra for it.

Can you really see them? I thought you needed a magnifying glass to see them. If that is the case then do you really bring one on vacation with you?

I'm honestly not trying to be ugly here - but if you're that picky - I don't know how you can travel period. I suggest you stay in a condo or house where you clean your own stuff and make your own beds.

What can you honestly get from sheets? I'd be a lot more worried about the sweaty hand rails, turnstiles, seats, restraining devices, seats, etc. Sheets are the least of your worries!!!:rotfl:

you can certainly do it but the least clean thing on a public bed is not the bedding but the mattress, so it seems to be a bandaid fix.

Also if you have housekeeping come in, there is no guarantee you wont lose your linens, even if they are bright red.

I'm honestly not trying to be ugly here - but if you're that picky - I don't know how you can travel period. I suggest you stay in a condo or house where you clean your own stuff and make your own beds.

What can you honestly get from sheets? I'd be a lot more worried about the sweaty hand rails, turnstiles, seats, restraining devices, seats, etc. Sheets are the least of your worries!!!:rotfl:

What can i get from sheets? Iit isn't that I am so worried about catching something from them - it is more that it disgusts me when I find something on them. I have traveled the world, and I have seen my share of hairs, period stains, pee stains, etc on hotel sheets. I will not, will not, touch a hotel comforter, period. I have no desire to sleep on bedding like that - add to that I am very picky about my sheet comfort level (I too only sleep on 600 and above count sheets) I would rather bring my own linens. Nothing is worse than coming back to a hotel after a day of moving about, to pull the comforter back to a big old stain in the middle of the sheet.

For those that answered my very basic questions, thank you.

For the rest of you - Thanks for all the other opinions I didn't ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter