• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing your own alcohol on the ship

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
So how does it work? Can you put it in your carry on or checked luggage? What are the rules? How much are you allowed? My fiancé wants to bring a bottle of Malibu at least. How about beer? Can you bring it anywhere on the ship? So many questions and I'm not an alcoholic!

So how does it work? Can you put it in your carry on or checked luggage? What are the rules? How much are you allowed? My fiancé wants to bring a bottle of Malibu at least. How about beer? Can you bring it anywhere on the ship? So many questions and I'm not an alcoholic!

You can bring on ANY alcohol that you want and as MUCH AS you want as long as you put it in your carry on. It can not be in your checked bags. Disney asks that you consume the alcohol that you bring on in your stateroom or verandah.

You can bring your own bottle of wine with you to the dining rooms, but you will be charged a corking fee of I think $20 per bottle.

I always bring a bottle of rum with me on the cruise. I have our stateroom host fill the ice buckets each day and I make my own cocktails with rum and sodas/juice from the drink stations. I carry my drinks with me throughout the ships, except for the restaurants.

I have also brought a bottle (it was plasic) to CC and mixed drinks on the beach.

I stop at the ABC liqour store near the port. I love this place!

6020 N. Atlantic Ave.
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

I bring my own wine with me. I have my own corkscrew. I get glasses from the bar. I even bring a glass of wine with me to dinner each night. No one has said anything to me.

I bring my own wine with me. I have my own corkscrew. I get glasses from the bar. I even bring a glass of wine with me to dinner each night. No one has said anything to me.

Nice! OK, I now remember brining a drink with me into one of the clubs one time. I kind of forget about it, but I didn't forget to finish it at the bar. :rotfl2: No one said anything, but it is not my intent to bring my own drinks to the bar.

Mike

So, is there a limit on the number of carry on's full of liquor? Can I bring a couple of tote bags filled with wines and other stuff, or does it have to be in one piece of luggage?

no. we had 6 adults and we brought 3 24pks of beer, 7 bottles of wine, and a GINORMOUS bottle of Jack that we nicknamed Thor.

We have always brought our own with us. My carry on jingles.:rotfl2: Multiple wine bottles, Margarita mixes, ect., Don't get me wrong, not alcoholics just like making my own drinks, bartender at heart. Love walking to my room and making up drinks for my wife and friends. Always pour a glass of wine and bring it to dinner. We do buy drinks on deck when relaxing and 2nd glass of wine at dinner if we want. It's not about saving money, although it does, I just don't want the fruity drinks all the time. Make the most of your vacation dollar but not at the expense of relaxing and enjoying.

So, is there a limit on the number of carry on's full of liquor? Can I bring a couple of tote bags filled with wines and other stuff, or does it have to be in one piece of luggage?

You can have multiple carry ons filled with booze or other beverages but....remember, your cabin will not be ready until about 1:30ish which means you will carrying around whatever you bring onboard with you until the cabins are ready. I would suggest bags with wheels!!!! Also, any carry on MUST fit through a standard airport x-ray scanner as all carry ons including purses and other carry on bags are put through the scanner and you will walk through a metal detector.

MJ

Do you know what airline regulations are for alcohol in checked luggage on planes?

You can check as much as you like but have to remember that it needs to be packed carefully and the weight. I came home from WDW after the food and wine one year with 5 bottles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter