• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing packing snacks on board?

Cgracia30

Earning My Ears
Newbie question... Can we bring packaged snacks on board? Nothing homemade or anything... Just a couple things for my 3 year old...I figure everything on board is going to be expensive..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Newbie question... Can we bring packaged snacks on board? Nothing homemade or anything... Just a couple things for my 3 year old...I figure everything on board is going to be expensive..

The only food you pay for onboard would be snacks outside the theatres and from room service and the adult only restaurants.

But, yes, you may bring prepackaged snacks onboard.

The only food you pay for onboard would be snacks outside the theatres and from room service and the adult only restaurants.

But, yes, you may bring prepackaged snacks onboard.

Hi PrincessShmoo...Oops, now I am confused...is there a charge for room service food?:confused3

Not for room service food. But there is a charge for some room service snacks.

Unlike Disney World almost all food is included. The only thing you have to pay for is Adult only Dining Venues (Palo and Remy if you chose to eat there), food outside the theater and pre-packaged food from room service like m&ms and sodas and all specialty beverages and anything at the bars. Coffee, juice and milk is included in room service and soda is included at meals and at the 24 hour drink station on pool deck.

Hi PrincessShmoo...Oops, now I am confused...is there a charge for room service food?:confused3

See above.

Example Room service menu included is blue extra $$$ is red.

Caesar Salad
Romain Salad tossed in a creamy Parmesan Dressing
Salad Nicoise
Classic tossed Salad with flaked Tuna, Eggs, Potatoes, Green Beans and Anchovies on Crisp Salad Leaves
Creamy Tomato Soup
with Herbed Crostini
Chicken Noodle Soup
All Hands on Deck Cheese Platter
A special selection of international cheeses served with crackers
Fresh Fruit Bowl
Freshly Made-to-Order Sandwiches
All sandwiches served with a side of Coleslaw and Chips

BLT
Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
Sliced Ham, Turkey and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
on Baguette
Tomato, Basil and Mozzarealla Panini
on a Wholegrain Bread (hot)
Chicken Guacamole Fajita
with red Onions and Crisp Lettuce (hot)
All American Fare
Cheeseburger
served with French Fries and Coleslaw
Crispy Chicken Tenders
served with Barbeque Sauce
Hot Dog
served with French Fries
Macaroni and Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Wings
with Blue Cheese and Honey Mustard Dip
Pizzas
Four Cheese Pizza
Mozzarella, Mascarpone, Gorgonzola and Parmesan on a rich Tomato Sauce
Vegetarian Delight Pizza
Fresh Tomato, Mozzarella Cheese, Portobello Mushrooms, mixed Bell Peppers and Artichokes
Pepperoni Pizza
Mozzarella Cheese and Pepperoni
Chef’s Specialties
Steak Sandwich
on Sourdough with Mushrooms, Onions and American Cheese. Served with French Fries
Grilled Salmon Steak
with buttered Asparagus, Herb-flavored Orzo and Lemon Drizzle
Desserts
Daily Cake Selections
Big Island Extra-large Chocolate Chip Cookie
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Snacks ($)
Please call In-Stateroom Dining for prices.

M&M’s (14 oz)
Buttered Popcorn (5.5 oz)
Salted Peanuts (4.5 oz)
Salted Cashews (5.5 oz)
Wines and Beverage Packages ($)
Full Wine List and Cocktail List
Please call In-Stateroom Dining for offerings and prices
Beer and Soda Packages
Buy 5, get the 6th for free

Package 1:
6 Domestic Beers (Budweiser, Bus Light, Coors or Miller Light)
Package 2:
6 Imported Beers (Heineken, Amstel Light, Beck’s or Corona)
Package 3:
3 Imported and 3 Domestic
Package 4:
Choice of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, or Orange Soda
Package 5:
6 Bottled Mineral Waters (16 oz. Evian) (Buy 5 and get the 6th for free)
Package 6:
24 Bottled Mineral Waters (16 oz. Evian) (Buy 20 and get 4 extra free)

So the question probably is what kind of snacks do you need for your 3 year old? Fruits are available on the breakfast buffets, from room service, and on the pool deck. Dry cereals are in the breakfast buffet, from room service and probably available for breakfast in the MDRs if that is a snack you use. Packaged granola bars, things like Welch's fruit snacks you would need to bring on board. :confused3

It all depends on what kind of snacks you want to bring, but yes you can toss some cracker packages and stuff in your luggage without an issue. We opted to bring a couple of the little tupperware snack cups and then would order a cheese and fruit platter from room service. Divide up the cheese and fruits and keep them in our little cooler box in the room. Whenever DD5 would want a snack like during a show we'd grab a cup and head out. The tupperware seal kept the fruit decent for about 2 days in the cooler box.

Phew, thanks for clearing that up. And I have picked out some favorites from that menu already!! Yum!:hyper:

We travelled with a 3 year old last year and the packaged snacks were perfect. There is fruit at the breakfast buffets, as mentioned, but when you go on ashore they do not let you bring any fruit or fresh food. However, the fruit strips, granola bars (avoid chocolate) and gummy treats avoided untimely meltdowns.

Room service does offer free cookies (which are giant), and you can order Mickey Ice cream bars (yummy), but sometimes it would take a while for room service. I recommend the first night orderings 3-4 cookies, and keep them for the next couple of days.

Enjoy!

Example Room service menu included is blue extra $$$ is red.

Caesar Salad
Romain Salad tossed in a creamy Parmesan Dressing
Salad Nicoise
Classic tossed Salad with flaked Tuna, Eggs, Potatoes, Green Beans and Anchovies on Crisp Salad Leaves
Creamy Tomato Soup
with Herbed Crostini
Chicken Noodle Soup
All Hands on Deck Cheese Platter
A special selection of international cheeses served with crackers
Fresh Fruit Bowl
Freshly Made-to-Order Sandwiches
All sandwiches served with a side of Coleslaw and Chips

BLT
Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
Sliced Ham, Turkey and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
on Baguette
Tomato, Basil and Mozzarealla Panini
on a Wholegrain Bread (hot)
Chicken Guacamole Fajita
with red Onions and Crisp Lettuce (hot)
All American Fare
Cheeseburger
served with French Fries and Coleslaw
Crispy Chicken Tenders
served with Barbeque Sauce
Hot Dog
served with French Fries
Macaroni and Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Wings
with Blue Cheese and Honey Mustard Dip
Pizzas
Four Cheese Pizza
Mozzarella, Mascarpone, Gorgonzola and Parmesan on a rich Tomato Sauce
Vegetarian Delight Pizza
Fresh Tomato, Mozzarella Cheese, Portobello Mushrooms, mixed Bell Peppers and Artichokes
Pepperoni Pizza
Mozzarella Cheese and Pepperoni
Chef’s Specialties
Steak Sandwich
on Sourdough with Mushrooms, Onions and American Cheese. Served with French Fries
Grilled Salmon Steak
with buttered Asparagus, Herb-flavored Orzo and Lemon Drizzle
Desserts
Daily Cake Selections
Big Island Extra-large Chocolate Chip Cookie
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Snacks ($)
Please call In-Stateroom Dining for prices.

M&M’s (14 oz)
Buttered Popcorn (5.5 oz)
Salted Peanuts (4.5 oz)
Salted Cashews (5.5 oz)
Wines and Beverage Packages ($)
Full Wine List and Cocktail List
Please call In-Stateroom Dining for offerings and prices
Beer and Soda Packages
Buy 5, get the 6th for free

Package 1:
6 Domestic Beers (Budweiser, Bus Light, Coors or Miller Light)
Package 2:
6 Imported Beers (Heineken, Amstel Light, Beck’s or Corona)
Package 3:
3 Imported and 3 Domestic
Package 4:
Choice of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, or Orange Soda
Package 5:
6 Bottled Mineral Waters (16 oz. Evian) (Buy 5 and get the 6th for free)
Package 6:
24 Bottled Mineral Waters (16 oz. Evian) (Buy 20 and get 4 extra free)

There may also be additional free choices for room service, depending on the chef and the cruise you are one. For example, on ours, they had cheescake (which turned out to be the best of the trip).

We plan to bring individual size boxes of raisins (my kids fave), a box of graham crackers, and a package of individual goldfish bags for my 17 month old and 2.5 year old. I am betting we don't use it, but we want to have options if something is needed NOW! I love the idea of bringing a few snack cups for fruit and cheese, we will have to do that!

Thank you so much for the room service list of free & $$$! I haven't found it anywhere! The chocolate chip cookies that can be ordered warm from room service, are these the ones on the free side or is it a specialty dessert?

We are traveling on the fantasy next week with our 2 1/2 yr old who eats like he will be 6'5. Literally he eats every 30 mins or so, so we have to bring snacks. I plan on packing some in my carry on and some in our checked luggage. I do plan on grabbing stuff from the breakfast buffet for him like fruit. Taking Tupperware containers is an excellent idea! I didn't even think about that to keep food in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter